UPDATE: I've heard from two people already that in the next update of 10.3.1 they added the feature back. So all of this is no longer necessary.

Hey, so I have an idea. Before 10.3, the universal search / instant actions had a really cool feature. The ability to post facebook status updates and twitter updates directly from there in a simple 2-step process:

1. From anywhere on the homescreen, simply type: fb Hi, I am happy today
    2. Press Post

That would post a facebook status update that reads: "Hi, I am happy today" Very simple, very fast. The same for twitter although I don't use twitter, just replace "fb" with "tweet."

Now with this "new and improved" universal search, not only is it slower to load up, but now the process is as follows:

1. Type: fb
    2. Press Enter
    3. Watch a stupid animation showing the phone understands you want to post a facebook status
    4. Type: Hi, I am not so happy today
    5. Press Post

And this whole process takes a good long while thanks to that stupid animation you are forced to watch... So not only did they more than double the number of steps required but also made it take SO much longer. It's basically faster now to just launch the app and post it that way.

But I was wondering, instead of waiting for BB to change this, we have apps, I think by s4sbb, to add extended search integration, I have one for IMDB, Amazon, Wikipedia, and Supertube has it for finding youtube videos. I wonder if a developer can make an app to add an extended search option to post whatever you typed in universal search as your status update for either of those apps. Basically making it so the process is as follows:

1. Type: Hi, I am happy today
    2. Press the icon for Post to Facebook

And that's it. That would make it so much faster than the way it is now... Anyone have s4bb's email address? I would gladly pay $0.99 for that, lol.

Edit: Or an alternative to having separate icons for facebook and twitter, make it so depending on if you type a "fb" or "tweet" before the phrase, you press one unified icon, and it'll intelligently post it to the right one based on that, effectively making it the same as before 10.3...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 02-09-15 at 04:04 PM.
    02-08-15 12:52 PM
    1. tw Testing BlackBerry Assistant
    2. Hit "Tweet"
    3. https://twitter.com/thuraski/status/564497666940624896

Works for me...
    02-08-15 12:56 PM
    Are you on the leak? Because on the stock 10.3.1.1154 it doesn't work. Someone else said this works after the update, which I don't have yet.

02-09-15 01:50 PM
    Are you on the leak? Because on the stock 10.3.1.1154 it doesn't work. Someone else said this works after the update, which I don't have yet.

Yeah, that's probably it.
    02-09-15 02:10 PM
    Yeah, that's probably it.
    Cool, thanks for confirming, so now that's 2 people saying this is fixed. Awesome, thanks for that. I'll probably be loading the leak sometime soon, just haven't had time yet.

02-09-15 04:02 PM