It's too bad BlackBerry went with external SD + SIM card trays. That has been putting me off from buying one. I have seen a number of demo models in stores and they all looked misaligned. Why didn't they put it under a removable back cover.

Posted via CB10
    Or why not get the design right in the first place.
    02-10-15 11:23 AM
    Well I am glad that I sent mine back. Just received a new one and this one is top notch. Great keyboard backlight, no gaps and no problems with the SD or sim tray. Overall top build quality.
    02-14-15 03:31 AM
    Well I am glad that I sent mine back. Just received a new one and this one is top notch. Great keyboard backlight, no gaps and no problems with the SD or sim tray. Overall top build quality.
    So let's wait for the second batch, all those who can wait a while and don't have to buy NOW...

Initial Passport batches seemed to have more problems, but hey, early adopters (sometimes) get bitten, but they get to enjoy new tech first. :-)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-18-15 04:33 AM
    So let's wait for the second batch, all those who can wait a while and don't have to buy NOW...

Initial Passport batches seemed to have more problems, but hey, early adopters (sometimes) get bitten, but they get to enjoy new tech first. :-)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    You are right. I am one of those who pre-ordered the Classic even before the specs were announced. But, I have learned my lesson. I will not (at least will try not to!) buy another new BlackBerry model until reviews are out and the new batches are made, addressing the initial flaws. And, as for enjoying the new tech first, IMO there isn't much enjoyment if the new unit has noticeable quality issues! Again, I learned that with my new Classic!
    02-18-15 05:12 AM
    The uneven sim tray would bother me to no end as my OCD would kick in quickly. I hope once Verizon releases it the problems are fixed.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:03 AM
    It's too bad BlackBerry went with external SD + SIM card trays. That has been putting me off from buying one. I have seen a number of demo models in stores and they all looked misaligned. Why didn't they put it under a removable back cover.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The card slots should be where they belong. Under the cover with the removable battery!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-18-15 11:21 AM
    Lots of complaints, still only a couple images on this thread. SMH
    02-18-15 12:13 PM
    The tolerance on the machine work is very tight. The SIM card tray has to be aligned perfectly to maintain a proper fit. This phone has high quality machine work and that is my opinion from a manufacturer's view.

The first time the ATT rep inserted the SIM card he miss aligned the tray and it did not fit flush. I had to show him how to install the tray. When I tried it myself 2 weeks ago the same thing happened to me. It is not something that can be forced into place the trays is so thin that any miss alignment and force will bend the tray. Then it will never work. If you bend the tray it may take several tries to straighten and install it.

I would rather have these tight tolerances than loose.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:11 PM
    I picked up a Classic a few days ago, and the trays for both SIM and SD were aligned perfectly.
    I took care and time when I put them back in, and I can't imagine a teenage rep in a phone shop doing the same.
    02-19-15 02:08 AM
    Hello
    Yesterday I bought my Classic from authorized BlackBerry store in India but I found that same tray issue which is very annoying and I called that store for the replacement. Right now I am waiting for the call from them and I hope that I will get the replacement asap.
    Just clicked 2 pictures where you can see that issue very clearly.
    SD+SIM card trays uneven-dsc_0002.jpg
    SD+SIM card trays uneven-dsc_0001.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:12 AM
    I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but I just picked up a classic a few weeks ago and had the same problem when I put the SD card in. I was able to fix my problem by taking out both the SIM and SD trays and putting the SD tray in first.
    05-02-15 11:26 PM
    The sim tray on mine is uneven, but to the point where it took a number of re-insertings to get it to even detect the sim card. If it comes to the point where I need to swap (thank goodness for the $10/month device protection!!) or send it for repair, I won't need to worry much, as I have my Q10 as backup and in two days, my bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:42 AM
    Mine is also uneven but not really an issue for me if this is the only problem I feel lucky.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 11:12 AM
    My first Classic had this issue as well. Annoyed the **** out of me. I sent it back anyway and went with the Passport. Now, I just ordered another classic and it will be here today. Hopefully not with the same issue.
    09-01-15 02:48 PM
    Interesting thread. My trays are not perfectly seated, but so what lol

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 12:38 AM
65 123