I'm thinking on getting a 32/64GB SD card to put on my phone - mostly for more music and videos etc - but does anyone use one and does it make your device faster (I hear having some extra free GB of storage might make the device faster...)

Thanks in advance peeps!

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    03-28-16 10:34 AM
    If you have nearly filled the devices internal storage, and can free that up by moving data to an SD card.... yes that might improve performance.

But no the OS doesn't utilize any free space on the SD card for improving performance. And depending on the quality of your SD Card, you could actually hurt performance (read/write times)... so don't go cheap.
    03-28-16 10:54 AM
    As with almost any device, file storage capacity has almost no effect on speed. The main exceptions to this are 1: If you have very low storage, there will be no room for swap file or temp files, and your device will crash or slow down. 2: if you replace your storage with faster storage, allowing faster file access.

# 2 probably doesn't apply to the Passport, so unless you have used most of your internal storage already and will transfer some stuff to the SD, I'm going to go with "no" - adding an SD card will not make your device faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:05 PM