My Classic doesn't power off its screen when I move it close to my ear, nor does its screen light on when I move it away from my ear. Is it an OS bug or is something wrong with its proximity sensor?

I am on 10.3.2.500 right now.

Thanks.
    05-05-15 02:18 AM
    Try the BBVE. It has a proximity sensor test I believe.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    t.c.3 likes this.
    05-05-15 09:00 AM
    Yes, it passed proximity sensor test in bbve.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    05-05-15 09:10 AM
    Sorry to take over your thread ma678 but I'm actually having the opposite issue, my classic has recently started turning off when I try and swipe down to access quick settings or if I try to tap something on the top of the screen and get anywhere close to the proximity sensor.

Is there any way to make the proximity sensor less sensitive? I'm not covering it, just getting close, but it still turns off the screen.

My iPhone had the raise to speak feature with siri where you could put your phone to your ear and talk to siri without pressing anything, is there something like that for BlackBerry Assistant? If so, can I turn it off?

Thanks for the help.
    05-12-15 10:52 AM
    Check your settings. There are settings with respect to screen remaining on during calls or when apps running. You may have switched something by accident.

It's actually weird. I can understand why you wouldn't want your screen blacking out while using an app, but who cares if the screen blacks out while it's against you ear as it saves battery?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    t.c.3 likes this.
    05-12-15 11:40 AM
    Check your settings. There are settings with respect to screen remaining on during calls or when apps running. You may have switched something by accident.

It's actually weird. I can understand why you wouldn't want your screen blacking out while using an app, but who cares if the screen blacks out while it's against you ear as it saves battery?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    I looked through the settings this morning but couldn't find anything. I'm not concerned with the screen blacks out during a call, that's actually great (no hitting speaker phone by accident like on my old iPhone), but its becoming a real problem if I'm trying to access quick settings with two fingers from inside an app. Case in point, it just blacked out 3 times when I tried to jump in and look at settings while replying to this thread -- that's not good.

I tried all of the advanced interactions and display settings to no avail, I'm hoping I'm just missing a setting somewhere and this can be fixed. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

T.C.3

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:50 AM
    Hi,

I also have problems with some sensors for two days now.

BBVE shows that proximity and light sensor is not available.

Don't know how to solve this.

Maybe anyone can be here.

Regards Johnny

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:46 PM
    Yes, it passed proximity sensor test in bbve.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Okay so my classic seems to be working correctly now. I took off my screen protector and it was still happening, so I ran a BBVE sensor test. First time around it failed the "dark" sensor test (also failed the face down test for what it's worth), so I marked it "failed" and ran it again using the palm of my hand to cover the whole top of the phone instead of just my thumb and it passed. (I tapped it facing down to pass the face down test too).

Put the screen protector back on and it seems to be working normally again, both with and without the screen protector. Seems like my BlackBerry got confused between "near" and "dark" and needed to be "reminded" that there's a difference.

I don't know if BBVE can fix things in addition to running diagnostics but @ma678, maybe you should run through the test again marking the sensor test "failed" first, then doing it again and seeing if it passes? It seems like that fixed my problem.

Hoping this was a one-time thing. Thanks for mentioning BBVE @Chris Chin.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:21 PM