Just looking to see what is the issue with my lock screen, not sure if this is just by design or not, but I want to lock the screen via the lock button and I want it to stay locked until I unlock it using the power/lock button. My problem is, no matter what settings I use for lock screen, I end up accidently swiping up while the phone is in my pocket, I don't want it to swipe to unlock, I want to be able to turn the lock screen only via top lock/unlock button as it was on my 9700 and q10. Its driving me batty because every time I pull my phone out of my pocket I have to enter "blackberry, grrrrggghhhh. Also, the phone does not properly lock while on a call, when I make a call and want to lock the screen I press the lock button but the only two options are "cancel' or "restart' Not sure how BB has not got it right after all this time....... The classic is seriously making me reconsider my commitment to BB, I like the phone, but these simple mistakes and the tool belt are wearing on me.
    06-27-15 09:52 AM
    Go to settings and on Display, disable swipe to unlock. Now you can use your lock/unlock button or alternatively use the key 'U' to unlock.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:57 AM
    Sorry, forgot to mention that "swipe to unlock" is turned off, but I can still unlock from a swipe. I may try doing a security wipe and start new again, just didn't want to keep doing this like I did with all the others.
    06-27-15 10:22 AM
    Well, I went through the trouble of doing a security wipe and starting from scratch again , I set "swipe to wake" off, and tried "allow power/lock key to unlock device" on both settings and still doesn't work properly, the phone still swipes up and opens to the password screen while in my pocket. Am I the only one that this is happening too? Cant be the only one here.
    Hoping the next update fixes this issues because it really is a pita to have to type "blackberry" almost every time my phones comes out of my pocket.
    07-01-15 07:04 AM
    This is an issue that needs to be resolved for sure.
    The swipe down for bedside mode would also be removed as an issue if the top button feature was implemented correctly.

Tim.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:14 AM
    Im trying the new "follow" feature to see if someone other than us has the answer.
    07-01-15 09:18 AM
    This is an issue that needs to be resolved for sure.
    The swipe down for bedside mode would also be removed as an issue if the top button feature was implemented correctly.

Tim.

Posted via CB10
    Im trying the new "follow" feature to see if someone other than us has the answer.
    Sounds like its not just me, but a software glitch. We'll have to wait and see what comes up with future bug fixes.
    07-01-15 10:54 AM
    I have also had issues with the classic unlocking while in my pocket. I think in my case though it's the number keys on the keyboard being pushed while in my pocket. The number pad will also wake the screen and wait for you to swipe up to unlock it. I am with you that there should be an option to only have the top button activate the screen to unlock the phone.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-01-15 11:34 AM