I just received a brand new VZW Classic for work and noticed the screen is lifting on the right side. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Screen Lift on Classic (Pictures)-img_0001.jpgScreen Lift on Classic (Pictures)-img_0002.jpgScreen Lift on Classic (Pictures)-img_0003.jpg
    08-04-15 01:29 PM
    I don't think we can help you with this.. Get it exchanged...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-04-15 01:59 PM
    I received a blue one and my case was the toolbelt piece lifted.

Sent it back to ShopBlackBerry. Expect refund.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 02:16 PM
    Just curious if this issue was common. From the threads, I thought this issue was limited to Passports. I'm debating an exchange for a Z30 if this issue is common.
    08-04-15 02:38 PM
    I don't think we can help you with this.. Get it exchanged...

Pretty much.. if OP just got it... send it right back.
    08-04-15 02:42 PM
    It is still nice to know this is something to look out for. And interesting to see how common the problem is.
    08-04-15 04:47 PM
    For the Classic this is a new one. I think you are the person reporting a lifting screen on a Classic around here. There have been moe reports of the Passport.

As others said I'd get it exchanged. The most typical issues with the Classic are: Gap betweens toolbelt and screen, SIM/SD trays not alligning to 100% and of course the dreaded double-typing. But that lifting screen isn't one of them
    08-05-15 02:34 AM
    It is still nice to know this is something to look out for. And interesting to see how common the problem is.
    So, just for education purposes? I guess that means you've already sent it back? Or were we supposed to accomplish something??

08-05-15 05:19 PM
    I received a blue one and my case was the toolbelt piece lifted.

Sent it back to ShopBlackBerry. Expect refund.

Posted via CB10
    How did you find out it was lifting - was it very obvious?

I just got one and I suspect the belt lifting as well since it doesn't sit flush and the end key makes creaking sounds and feels loose.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-05-15 06:34 PM
    So, just for education purposes? I guess that means you've already sent it back? Or were we supposed to accomplish something??

For me...yes I have sent it back. I haven't posted much on Crackberry, but no venting or harm was intended. I decided on a BB for work versus any Android offering (GS5) because I like the BB integration with MS Exchange.

I could get another BB Classic or a BB Z30. Currently, I've decided to stick with a BB phone, but I wanted to know if this issue was at all common to the Classic- if so I would just order a Z30 as a replacement.

The screen on the right side was raised and could be lifted very easily with a fingernail. I was able to see the backlight LED pad and the entire LCD panel. It appeared that the right side was held in place by sticky tape which made me consider just going with a Z30.
    08-06-15 01:33 AM
    The screen on the right side was raised and could be lifted very easily with a fingernail. I was able to see the backlight LED pad and the entire LCD panel. It appeared that the right side was held in place by sticky tape which made me consider just going with a Z30.
    Apparently these Classics aren't very solid build. On my device the glueing is visible on the right side of the screen. But otherwise no other complaints so far (1 week of use) Screen Lift on Classic (Pictures)-blue.jpg
    08-06-15 06:53 AM
    That's too bad ,just return it,lol
    08-06-15 07:00 AM
    So, just for education purposes?
    You may find this odd, but I am interested in BB phones. I don't accomplish much by being here, I just like the community and reading about stuff.
    08-07-15 10:10 AM
    You may find this odd, but I am interested in BB phones. I don't accomplish much by being here, I just like the community and reading about stuff.
    That's fine, I was just thinking like you were here asking about it instead of sending it back. So I was confused what you wished to accomplish. But if you did send it back, and this was just for your own education on the topic, great.

08-08-15 12:00 AM
    For the Classic this is a new one. I think you are the person reporting a lifting screen on a Classic around here. There have been moe reports of the Passport.

As others said I'd get it exchanged. The most typical issues with the Classic are: Gap betweens toolbelt and screen, SIM/SD trays not alligning to 100% and of course the dreaded double-typing. But that lifting screen isn't one of them
    And the crooked trackpad

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 05:14 AM
    Oh that's not good. But I'm sure a quick return/exchange is all that's needed.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 08:10 AM
    It's pretty obviously a defect. Do you really need other people to tell you what to do about it in a forum? Seriously? Clearly you need to exchange it. There is absolutely nothing anybody else can tell you or do for you in a forum. The only person who can help you is yourself, by taking the actions necessary to exchange it with the retailer who supplied it to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:48 PM
    Still good to know this problem can occur so we get an idea of how common an issue might be.

BlackBerry has a pretty poor track record as far as QC goes. Outstanding materials and finish but very poor execution.

Not sure why everyone is hating on the OP.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    08-17-15 05:33 PM
    I had a little bit of excessive glue in that seam where yours is lifted. I would get it exchanged ASAP.

 Classic
    08-17-15 09:18 PM
    Thank you.

I picked the BlackBerry Classic by choice. I could have picked any Android offering, but I choose a BlackBerry and I expected to have a phone free of defects. I posted on this forum to gain insight if this was a problem others experienced. Inquiring about issues takes time and allows companies the ability to correct problems.

Those that don't post return the phone and move on to another product, and that's exactly what I'm doing after this post. Goodbye
    09-08-15 02:12 AM
    I came into contact with two classics. The first was of a lower build quality, than the second. It had excesive glue (some rubber-ish stuff on the upper left corner of the screen), badly aligned trays, cracking end button and a slight Gap between the screen and the keyboard. It was one of the first classics in my country under T-Mobile. When the audio jack stopped working I have sent it back and got a replacement unit. The second one is just like a different phone. It is top notch. Nothing to complain about so far
    09-08-15 03:56 AM
    The OP was just sharing his experience with everyone. Geez.

Posted via Classic - 10.3.2.2639 
    09-08-15 01:25 PM
    I have had my BB Classic for almost 2 years and absolutely love it. Last August, my wife bought me an Otterbox Defender case for my birthday. A few months later, I started hearing creaking and noticed the lower, right corner of the screen lifting.

I work in Engineering and began a systematic search for the probable cause... and found it. Whenever I snap my BB into or out of my Otterbox belt hoster, the phone's body twists very slightly. Over time, this slight twisting has been enough to separate the screen from the flimsy rubber-like glue strip holding it in place.

Since my BB was out of warranty, I took it upon myself to effect the repair. I removed the Otterbox case and carefully lifted the entire right side of the BB screen. I then propped the screen in place with a couple wooden toothpicks. Then with a sharp hobby knife, I removed the remains of the glue strip and placed a few tiny, evenly-spaced drops of Gorilla glue in the glue strip track: not enough to mushroom all over the circuitry, but enough to run in the track.

I carefully pressed the screen back into place and placed four wooden clothespins along the right side of the phone to apply even pressure overnight.

That fix has held the screen in place for quite a few months until last night. Creak... POP!

I don't want to replace my BB Classic yet (especially since Verizon Wireless has yet to announce they'll officially carry the BB KeyONE). Oh well... back to the Lab. Hey, has anyone seen my Gorilla glue?
    07-19-17 07:35 AM
    Screen lifts suck!
    07-19-17 08:29 AM
    After two years of use, my Classic's screen started lifting from the left side. The Classic has been through a lot and is missing the "z" button. I'm going to try to fix it up with a brown keyboard and buy brown leather skin from UKarbon. Not too sure if it would look better with either a white or black screen

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 04:15 PM