So my classic screen started acting really weird out of nowhere.

Its basically like a 3yr tapping and swiping on your screen, all by itself.

Installed newest os with autoloader, but i don't know if it's a software or a hardware problem. I bought it off ebay so getting it fixed by blackberry is probably not possible since they are ****ty when it comes to direct warranty support.

Its like in Paranormal Activity but on my phone

Edit: video added

sent using tapatalk
    Last edited by rocah360; 08-28-15 at 10:34 AM.
    08-28-15 09:51 AM
    So it was working... you installed the new OS and it starting acting strange right after that?

If so, I'd say try a different autoloader... Or better use LINK to reload an official OS that way you KNOW you are installing the right OS for the phone.
    08-28-15 10:22 AM
    So it was working... you installed the new OS and it starting acting strange right after that?

If so, I'd say try a different autoloader... Or better use LINK to reload an official OS that way you KNOW you are installing the right OS for the phone.
    I definitely installed the right os, have done that many times before and double checked if I did just an hour ago (checked the downloaded file).
    And it actually worked fine for a few days, just started acting like that a few hours ago. Setting it up again, installing apps, surfing and reading news etc all worked fine. Just out of nowhere it started rushing back and forth in the results list on ebay and it's been like that since than.
    I added a video I made in the OP to show what it looks like.

sent using tapatalk
    08-28-15 10:31 AM
    I'd still try a different OS before going any further.

It does seem like it is a hardware issue. I seen a few post of people looking for new Classic Screens.... you might sadly be another. Maybe take it apart and checking the connectors to the screen?
    08-28-15 11:15 AM
    What let me doubt on that is that a quick switch to standby and back (basically tap on the button on the top to send to standby and tap again to wake up) resolves the issue immediately for a certain amount of time. Which would be quite funny if the screen behaves like that hardware wise...
    I cannot do anything and it goes on like in the video for minutes or I do standby on/off and everything back to normal in an instant.
    Also, swiping to unlock standby screen sort of provokes this behavior (4/5 times it happens immediately after trying to swipe as seen in the first vid) while unlocking with U + enter (first vid, after failed swiping) works a lot better (behavior happening maybe 2/5 times)... All that hints at a software issue. That that just started after a clean install hints at hardware...
    Yeah I will try a security wipe and OS restore via BBLink, but I have no real hope sadly.
    08-28-15 12:11 PM
    Open BBVE and run the tests. This will tell you if it's hardware related.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-28-15 03:42 PM
    The exact same thing happened to my Classic a few days ago. I restarted the phone and it hasn't happened again since.
    08-28-15 09:27 PM
    Open BBVE and run the tests. This will tell you if it's hardware related.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    no i don't think so, the onLY test is the pixel test, and since it's not about dead pixel or some touch areas not responding, I doubt this will give anything back even if it's hardware related.

sent using tapatalk
    08-29-15 02:22 AM
    It's got all kinds of tests, it's not limited to just screen tests.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 04:22 AM
    It's got all kinds of tests, it's not limited to just screen tests.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    I know, but it's clearly a screen problem, and the onLY screen tests in the have won't be of much help because they only look for dead pixels and lack of sensitivity, both which are clearly not the problem for me here.

How would determining a working SIM reader help me in my case?

sent using tapatalk
    08-29-15 05:10 AM
    If it's swiping and moving by itself I would question the pbk not the screen. That's why I suggested doing some tests. Maybe the trackpad is stuck or a key is stuck. Lots of moving pieces on the classic.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 06:13 AM
    Yeah well I did a security wipe again, but maybe I will do it anyway and see what results I'm getting.
    Soo disappointed right now, there is no real alternative on the market or the horizon (I like the pp a lot more but it's unacceptable for me that I cannot use it with one hand, I tried that)

Was so hoping for the slider but android is just not my kind of thing and the keyboard looks not like I was hoping, so yeah, I might give the classic another shot.
    08-29-15 06:57 AM
    Just watched your video, I would say that's a trackpad issue. Try turning the phone off and and play with the trackpad, to try and make it stable. Like a analog stick that gets stuck sometimes is what I'm thinking. If that doesn't work maybe try an autoloader and see if a fresh OS will fix it. Or return it to ebay if possible.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 08:56 AM
    Just watched your video, I would say that's a trackpad issue. Try turning the phone off and and play with the trackpad, to try and make it stable. Like a analog stick that gets stuck sometimes is what I'm thinking. If that doesn't work maybe try an autoloader and see if a fresh OS will fix it. Or return it to ebay if possible.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    But the drawing example (video 2) doesn't add up with your theory, because you can only draw in this app with the touchscreen, not with the trackpad. Also, a stuck trackpad wouldn't magically disappear if you go in standby and wake it up again.
    08-31-15 04:47 AM