So I'm one of those lost guys who was a BlackBerry aficionado starting with the rim 857 up until the Keyone I've had every US device released. I left BB for a Galaxy Note 8 because I the Keyone was so bad at cell reception it made it useless for me. I installed all the bb apps, and created an acceptable device but I missed the keyboard.

Opened my drawer and found my classic. Booted up, put SIM in and all is good. Mail, calendar, contacts, phone all work as expected with minimal battery use. I'm now using it as daily driver again and using Hotspot when I need the note 8.

I know this ship has sailed and we are on a platform with a very finite ending ahead, but for business, it's still the best.

I might go with a Keytwo LE as its a lower cost and maybe reception is figured out. The Keytwo reception reviews have been a mixed bag so far.

Anyway I figured there are some folks out here doing the same thing and wanted to say hello, I'm back with you!

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    09-19-18 09:48 AM
    So I'm one of those lost guys who was a BlackBerry aficionado starting with the rim 857 up until the Keyone I've had every US device released. I left BB for a Galaxy Note 8 because I the Keyone was so bad at cell reception it made it useless for me. I installed all the bb apps, and created an acceptable device but I missed the keyboard.

Opened my drawer and found my classic. Booted up, put SIM in and all is good. Mail, calendar, contacts, phone all work as expected with minimal battery use. I'm now using it as daily driver again and using Hotspot when I need the note 8.

I know this ship has sailed and we are on a platform with a very finite ending ahead, but for business, it's still the best.

I might go with a Keytwo LE as its a lower cost and maybe reception is figured out. The Keytwo reception reviews have been a mixed bag so far.

Anyway I figured there are some folks out here doing the same thing and wanted to say hello, I'm back with you!

Posted via CB10
    Folks have different needs, there are some here who still feel BBOS and those devices are the best at the basics. Comes down to what works for you...

Welcome back...
    09-19-18 10:03 AM
    Using my classic along side my galaxy s8,its still a great little communications device but it's limited badly in certain areas-using Paypal or social media but it's still a great typing experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-18 10:20 AM
    Don’t go back to the Classic, its unbearably slow for anything beyond core functions and battery life is terrible if you install and use Android apps.

KEY2 LE is a MUCH better option in every single way over the Classic, unless you aboslutely need the smallest possible form factor to compensate for the gigantic Note 8
    09-19-18 06:05 PM
    The Key2 LE is an unknown quantity. Plastic build does not automatically rectify bluetooth and connection strengths / faults. A non capacitive PKB does not automatically rectify space bar issues, keys falling off and double typing that has been reported here by multiple users Likewise for the camera.

User reports (first-hand) are necessary to determine the real world serviceability of the LE.

There is no rush. OP, enjoy your classic. Sure it can be slow and it has it's little quirks but all BB's have quirks

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 02:54 AM
    The Key2 LE is an unknown quantity. Plastic build does not automatically rectify bluetooth and connection strengths / faults. A non capacitive PKB does not automatically rectify space bar issues, keys falling off and double typing that has been reported here by multiple users Likewise for the camera.

User reports (first-hand) are necessary to determine the real world serviceability of the LE.

There is no rush. OP, enjoy your classic. Sure it can be slow and it has it's little quirks but all BB's have quirks

Posted via CB10
    So far, I heard and seen more cases of a Classic having a key fall off than the KEYone and KEY2
    09-20-18 06:41 AM
    So far, I heard and seen more cases of a Classic having a key fall off than the KEYone and KEY2
    Possibly, but a Classic in the drawer is always better than an unknown quantity "coming soon".

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 06:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    I knew samsung is the best device now
    but I just make it with backup
    passport dailly driver

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-21-18 04:25 AM
    Happy for you. I wish I could say the same but the inability to remain safe and secure with my beloved Classic or any other BB10 OS device for that matter (S/MIME email security without the need for BES12 services, meltdown & specter 1, 2 and any other future major security issues on the HW level for that matter, the necessity to be able to use major end-to-end encryption messaging & calling apps such as Signal, the necessity to be able to use app-based VPN services etc.) just defeats the purpose of having a BlackBerry for me. Hated the idea of having to embrace the Android path but gave up eventually. Luckily I've had no reception or any other issues with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and finally grew to like it after realizing I'm actually much safer now (with all the security as described above + using Firefox Focus for browsing and DuckDuckGo as my search engine I'm actually much better off security and privacy wise then I could ever possibly be with a BB10 device...).
    09-22-18 08:09 AM
    I did have try the android waters with a Priv then a Keyone. The Priv just got long in the tooth and the Keyone signal strength (for me) was abysmal. The Note 8 is a fine device, but the fact that android is not able to cycle you LED different colors continuously it's a problem (you get account A email, then account B, then account C, you only see LED for account C).

For now it's easy to keep the classic for core PIM functions and phone and have the note 8 for anything else I might need.

Might try the KeyTwo LE - maybe I can find another discrete way to notify vs LED

Posted via CB10
    09-29-18 07:29 AM