Given the specs and the majority of what I have read here it seems the bottom line is the Classic is the Q10 with a larger screen and the toolbar on it? Is this accurate and a good assumption to go into it with. And not to mention what appears to be a slightly larger battery? Is this the bottom line when comparing the two? Thanks in advance. Cheers
    01-06-15 02:49 AM
    In short yes... it's a bigger faster smoother and a sexier Q10 in all aspects ....by a Passport mile. My only complaint is that I like the sticky back cover of the Q10 more than the Classics plastic feeling. I'm guessing they did that to keep costs down. Hope that helps! BTW, the keyboard is way nicer on the Classic than on my Q10 or Passport...my Passport has qwerty envy
    Danny24uk likes this.
    01-06-15 12:56 PM
    Given the specs and the majority of what I have read here it seems the bottom line is the Classic is the Q10 with a larger screen and the toolbar on it? Is this accurate and a good assumption to go into it with. And not to mention what appears to be a slightly larger battery? Is this the bottom line when comparing the two? Thanks in advance. Cheers
    Accuatly it's a larger Q10 and it's better newer...
    So no it isn't a Q10 it's better.
    I Like the Classic over de Q10
    01-06-15 12:56 PM
    I went, iphone 5s to Q10 and then to iphone 6 and now classic.

I Will never trade back to apple, the classic is better.

The screen is bigger and now perfect compared to the Q10 , and the keyboard! Well what to say, its wonderfull! Love my new classic, and with snap its easy to run Android apps

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 04:23 PM
    Didn't we have like dozens of threads with exactly the same topic......even long before the Classic came out

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    01-06-15 04:50 PM
    The Classic also has the LCD screen vs the amoled on the Q10. I much prefer LCD.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    01-06-15 05:30 PM
    I had a Q10 and the screen and keyboard on the classic are much better and so is the build quality. My hats off to the classic design team, they delivered an excellent device.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-06-15 06:16 PM
    With ATT supporting the Classic now it'll give a lot of ppl a chance to see them in person and that's gotta help sales.
    01-09-15 02:21 AM
    It's safe to say you haven't been reading any threads!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:09 AM
    I'm not sure how you came to that. But it was rude.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-09-15 03:12 AM
    It's safe to say you haven't been reading any threads!

Posted via CB10
    Do you own one? Everyone I know that has one, loves it.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-09-15 03:36 AM
    Yup. It's the Q10 with redundant hard-keys.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:41 AM
    The Classic is by far and away a better phone than the Q10. I have both. Keyboard is superb and toolbelt is very practical. BlackBerry would not have slashed the price of the Q if the difference between the phones was superficial. There are so many threads on this that it's frustrating to see a whole new one.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:41 AM
    Bakron1you're right on the money; good posts!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:45 AM
    Bakron 1 thank you for the thoughts and kind words. A lot of others seem upset by the thread. When I posted I search and nothing came up. Maybe I used wrong words during search. I'll try to delete thread somehow. Welcome back to crackberry huh??
    01-09-15 03:48 AM
    There are articles on everything somewhere in the CB forums, but unless you've got an hour to spare searching then I don't blame you for starting a new one...

I had a Q10 which I absolutely loved, but picked up a classic a few days ago and yes, no question it's an upgrade. The screen is waaaaaaay brighter, the keyboard is that bit bigger that typing is even more of a joy, the trackpad prevents spending 5mins trying to stab at that bit of text buried in the bottom right hand corner of your bbm message, 10.3 is a superb update, and the call quality is incredible, the clearest I've ever experienced on any device by a country mile. The battery lasts ages. The extra weight is, in my view, reassuring because it makes the device feel solid and premium. I have owned virtually every blackberry and this one for me is the best looking one yet, with a design nod to the past but every ounce of tech it needs, and none that it doesn't.

The only issue is the current lack of accessories, which I hope will be addressed soon. I'm also waiting for some favoured apps to be updated for 10.3, but that's a dev issue and not a device issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 04:22 AM
    Now that I have the Classic, I can definitely say that it is a definite upgrade from the Q10. The Q10 has always felt Curve like to me whilst the Classic is a definite 9900 upgrade with the crisp display, excellent keyboard, premium feel and the added weight lets the phone sit nicely in ur hands. I know specs wise they are the same but 10.3.1 runs smoother on the Classic and my Android apps seem better on the Classic too. Same specs but the Classic seems finely tuned. Toolbelt is a welcome return too. Never realized how much I missed it until I got the Classic. Good luck with your decision and hope this helps. And yes, searching for threads can be tricky. Amazon has some good reviews too. That helped me in making my decision.

Posted via Classic
    01-09-15 07:04 AM
    Thank you gentleman. The fact you got your tool belt back and saw it as a welcomed thing makes me feel really good about the classic. Can't wait to put my hands on one in the ATT store. And yes let's hope more accessory support comes soon!
    01-09-15 06:12 PM
    When I joined CB and then became a user I thought this place would be full of helpful folks. I guess you always have those few other folks who just want to complain about someone asking for help. It seems they expect us to search every post to get the answers we seek. I certainly hope the OP got the help they needed.

Posted via CB10
    pandabear444 and andy957 like this.
    01-09-15 08:43 PM
    On a interesting note after a lot of in-depth research both here and else were I came to the following conclusion. As a current iPhone 5s user (thats my daily driver) it doesn't matter if i go Classic or Passport, either way spec wise it seems like its going to be a upgrade. Granted the screen difference in comparison to the Classic I get that. That being said Im super pumped.
    01-12-15 01:23 AM
    I like the classic design, however, Q10 's removable battery is just more convenient for me. In a way classic is an upgrade version (hardware) of Q10, Internally both identical specs.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:52 PM