I was hoping Sprint would be selling the classic. I was planning on getting it for my husband since it was about the same size as his HTC 1. That sucks!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    11-13-14 05:28 PM
    I was hoping Sprint would be selling the classic. I was planning on getting it for my husband since it was about the same size as his HTC 1. That sucks!
    There's a chance it will come out but be delayed, though there's more of an indication that Verizon will be getting it than Sprint. :/

Sprint got most of the "Bold"-type phones though (9630, 9650, 9930, Q10), so it would be unfortunate if they passed on the Classic.
    11-13-14 05:32 PM
    I don't think carriers have been announced yet? If you're going off of what's available from ShopBlackBerry, they have never sold CDMA phones.
    11-13-14 05:32 PM
    I don't think carriers have been announced yet? If you're going off of what's available from ShopBlackBerry, they have never sold CDMA phones.
    Well I haven't heard anything from Sprint either so hoping they do get them because if not I'll have to hoard the Q10 which I love!

11-13-14 05:49 PM
    If sprint doesn't get the classic I'm going to tmobile! It would be an indicative sign that they're officially done w BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Jonathan Franco likes this.
    11-13-14 09:07 PM
    We don't know which carriers will be carrying the Classic yet. I would think there would be a CDMA version since there was no Passport CDMA model. Verizon has always seemed good with carrying BlackBerry devices. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    11-13-14 09:21 PM
    Yea Sprint blows. I'm thinking of jumping to AT&T when my contract is up.

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    11-13-14 09:47 PM
    You might be moving around in an area, where Sprint actually works, as there are such places or even whole States, so you might not have noticed, but overall Sprint has the worse coverage of all carriers.

It is a true cheapo-carrier and totally anti-cool.

The faster you ditch it, the better for you.
    11-13-14 11:47 PM
    No Sprint Classic in OS. Sprint Passport at least has one or two references to its existence.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:32 AM
    Sprint has really good plans! Which is why they kept me for 8 years! They had the Q10 which is what I use and love! I'm hoping they will cause I had told him I'd get it for him. He is a correctional officer and they all use BlackBerry he likes his htc but he said he admits it too big to carry on his belt. He said it was so much easier typing on the Q10. So I'm hoping Sprint will keep selling BlackBerry especially the classic.

Adan Valle and alexg316 like this.
    11-14-14 05:22 AM
    I have the HTC ONE right now, and I also want the new blackberry. Hopefully it comes out for sprint, because I miss the blackberry life , but I don't think they announced carriers yet.
    11-14-14 03:11 PM
    We were Sprint customers for 15 years. Because we have to have reliable voice and data throughout the US for hubby's job and the fact that Sprint chose to not offer Z30 or Z10, we switched to AT&T. I was glad that the timing of the passport release coincided with my sprint contract expiration so I got one! Love it so far. Hub has HTC one that we'll replace with a classic . So far service with AT&T has been much better and the monthly cost is less to boot!!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:11 PM
    Sprint out of the Sprint store!! Haha the jcpenny of mobile networks.

Windmere
    Jonathan Franco likes this.
    11-14-14 08:28 PM
    Sprint has really good plans! Which is why they kept me for 8 years! They had the Q10 which is what I use and love! I'm hoping they will cause I had told him I'd get it for him. He is a correctional officer and they all use BlackBerry he likes his htc but he said he admits it too big to carry on his belt. He said it was so much easier typing on the Q10. So I'm hoping Sprint will keep selling BlackBerry especially the classic.

I know it depends on the area, but everyone I know here where I live with Sprint tells me the service is just terrible. Not customer service, but the reception. A few of my friends can't get reception inside their own homes...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-14-14 09:24 PM
    There's really not good reason a cell provider shouldn't be able to offer good service across the country. It's a shame that Verizon and AT&T are the dominant players, I'd like to see the government step in and level the playing field so others like sprint, us cellular, T-Mobile, etc get to offer service in the same areas and on the same bands.
    As AT&T pointed out recently--and quite correctly--TMO is complaining about excessive roaming charges, yet they're sitting on undeveloped spectrum in a lot of these places where they have roaming agreements. They don't want to build towers, and complain about the cheaper option of roaming because...it's not cheap enough. So TMO the underdog is playing games too by essentially squatting on spectrum (which is looked down upon in Europe and dealt with quite well.)

But you do raise an interesting point about bands, and I had been thinking along the same lines. Why is it that practically all of Europe, Africa, Australia, etc. can operate on one UMTS frequency (2100 MHz,) whereas the two GSM carriers in the US have three bands between them? Same with LTE--China has two or three carriers, they all use the same band. The British carriers use the same two or three. Why is the fragmentation so high in North America?
    11-15-14 01:21 AM
    I'm also on Sprint and I'm really hoping that they carry the Classic. Like others have mentioned, they have a pretty good record of carrying the BB Qwerty phones, like the Bold and Curve, so hopefully that will continue with the Classic. I think I read that carriers will be announced on December 17th. The other issue for me is that it took a while for Sprint to actually get the Q10 - I think they were one of the last carriers to get it after it was released. I wonder if this will be the same with the Classic (assuming they offer it). If they're not going to sell it, or if it's coming out in July, or some crazy date, I'm just going to buy it on Amazon or the BB website and jump to T-Mobile.
    11-15-14 02:08 AM
    For us since we moved to Maine, we have had great service! Which is funny cause when we were in CA our reception was not so good. I love our unlimited data plan which keeps me from switching. I don't mind waiting and seeing if the classic comes in. I am content with my Q10 but was really hoping I'd be able to get the classic for my husband. Only time can tell.

11-15-14 06:07 AM
    So far, I've seen something about a regular and no-camera Classic for Verizon. Maybe Sprint just isn't interested, or committing. They did renege on carrying the Z30...
    11-15-14 10:03 AM
    If a Verizon phone is released, will sprint activate it on their network if you brought it into a store?
    Unfortunately not, they are not compatible with one another.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:16 AM
    If a Verizon phone is released, will sprint activate it on their network if you brought it into a store?
    Idk that's a good question! I'd have to ask.

11-15-14 05:03 PM
    Sprint has disgusting cellular service. You should leave them even if they have the Classic.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via CrackBerry App
    11-15-14 07:54 PM
    For those just joining us, the OP has made a decision to be on Sprint, and has indicated none to little unhappiness. So let's make an effort to not bag on Sprint, and stick to the topic of the Classic coming (or not) to Sprint.
    11-15-14 08:27 PM