Did a factory reset on my dormant Samsung Note 3 and then went ballistic reloading apps and then some. Have also deleted as many as possible on the Classic. Going to preserve that perfect call clarity and keyboard and let the Samsung satisfy the music and app itch without spending any money for now. We'll see how long I hold out. BTW Apple Music is awesome and it works seamlessly on Android. Thanks again for all the great feedback.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You're welcome.

Also, I don't know what phone company you use, but T-Mobile will give you a data sim that matches up to 5 gigs of data on a device for $10 a month. I switch the sim between an iPad and iPhone depending on what I need it for.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-11-16 12:18 AM
    T-Mobile will give you a data sim that matches up to 5 gigs of data on a device for $10 a month
    Not anymore. For $10/Month you only get 2 Gig now I believe.
    01-11-16 10:21 AM
    You're welcome.

Also, I don't know what phone company you use, but T-Mobile will give you a data sim that matches up to 5 gigs of data on a device for $10 a month. I switch the sim between an iPad and iPhone depending on what I need it for.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Good idea but I'm with Verizon. I think my Note/BlackBerry combo should stave off the I gotta have it syndrome on the iphone 6s+ for awhile. Going to finally do a hard reset on the Classic this afternoon and see if that cures some of the issues.
    I have to add that the virtual keyboard on the Note makes me appreciate the Classic when I use it even more!

Posted via CB10
    bmac360 likes this.
    01-11-16 02:01 PM
    Good idea but I'm with Verizon. I think my Note/BlackBerry combo should stave off the I gotta have it syndrome on the iphone 6s+ for awhile. Going to finally do a hard reset on the Classic this afternoon and see if that cures some of the issues.
    I have to add that the virtual keyboard on the Note makes me appreciate the Classic when I use it even more!

Posted via CB10
    Just curious. Have you tried downloading BlackBerry's awesome virtual keyboard, released around the time of the Priv, for your Note 3? I'm well familiar with that keyboard as a Z30 user.
    01-11-16 03:01 PM
    Classic > iPhone as long as you're not using many apps or watching video (or taking pictures).

No SD Card is a big loser for me.

Plus, iPhones are way too light. I feel like I'm going to drop one whenever I hold it.

I wish the Classic had better processors, but its OS and hardware features make up in user speed for the lack of processor speed.

From a Classic
    01-11-16 03:32 PM
    Just curious. Have you tried downloading BlackBerry's awesome virtual keyboard, released around the time of the Priv, for your Note 3? I'm well familiar with that keyboard as a Z30 user.
    Great idea but could not find it in Google Play. You have a link or is it marketed under another name? Willing to try it. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:44 PM
    Great idea but could not find it in Google Play. You have a link or is it marketed under another name? Willing to try it. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Try this link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyboard&hl=en
    01-14-16 09:06 AM
    I've settled on a 2-device set-up. Why?
    -I can't handle typing on touch screens since surgery
    -I get frequent micro-breaks at work but phone calls are verboten
    -My social media are text centred and the apps run on BBOS10
    - I get home brain dead so e-mails after work is a no-go (tried it...epic fail!)
    -I have an 8" android tablet and personal laptop that stays at work.

Decision: Stay with Q10 or Q20 (trying both) so I can whip through e-mails while at work or running between gigs or weekends running errands/socializing. If staying overnight somewhere, I take the tablet, too.
    Result: ONE device which suffices for 90% of on-the-go needs. No extra weight involved. Yes, I use my tablet more than before, but it's worth it to not have a big, heavy awkward phone with me 24/7.

Hope this helps.
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    01-17-16 01:11 PM
    I've settled on a 2-device set-up. Why?
    -I can't handle typing on touch screens since surgery
    -I get frequent micro-breaks at work but phone calls are verboten
    -My social media are text centred and the apps run on BBOS10
    - I get home brain dead so e-mails after work is a no-go (tried it...epic fail!)
    -I have an 8" android tablet and personal laptop that stays at work.

Decision: Stay with Q10 or Q20 (trying both) so I can whip through e-mails while at work or running between gigs or weekends running errands/socializing. If staying overnight somewhere, I take the tablet, too.
    Result: ONE device which suffices for 90% of on-the-go needs. No extra weight involved. Yes, I use my tablet more than before, but it's worth it to not have a big, heavy awkward phone with me 24/7.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your post. I had totally had it when I started this thread. Since doing a factory reset, my Classic is running much better. I've loaded up my Note 3 for all the crazy apps the Classic can't handle and it's working out. There is just something satisfying about sticking with BlackBerry and avoiding the fruit phone.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and keyboardsrock like this.
    01-17-16 07:24 PM
    What he said

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 09:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 09:36 PM
    There is just something satisfying about sticking with BlackBerry and avoiding the fruit phone.
    … blackberries are fruit.
    01-17-16 09:45 PM
    I think he means half eaten fruit lol

Didn't mean to post a picture of my wife on here. She's going to kill me if she finds out.

If any mods are reading this, can you delete her picture? Thanks. Can't find a way to delete it on my phone.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 01-19-16 at 04:58 PM. Reason: What picture? (Deleted it...)
    01-18-16 12:04 AM
    I have an iPhone Six Plus that I use for all the app stuff. But I forward the calls to my Classic and use my Classic for all my calls because the CALL QUALITY is so superior that it sounds almost musical compared to the iPhone. I have also sideloaded Snap which has given me access to some android apps that I like. No, bank apps don't work, but Google maps does. I agree with others who say "Carry two." If your budget doesn't allow that, and you need the apps for your existence, it's either iPhone or wait for a Priv.
    01-18-16 12:19 AM
    I have an iPhone Six Plus that I use for all the app stuff. But I forward the calls to my Classic and use my Classic for all my calls because the CALL QUALITY is so superior that it sounds almost musical compared to the iPhone. I have also sideloaded Snap which has given me access to some android apps that I like. No, bank apps don't work, but Google maps does. I agree with others who say "Carry two." If your budget doesn't allow that, and you need the apps for your existence, it's either iPhone or wait for a Priv.
    For the price of one iPhone, you can get a brand new classic or Passport and a new iPod and it still comes out cheaper than one iPhone. I agree that the two device solution works best when using a BB10 phone

Posted via my Classic running on T-Mobile unlimited data SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267
    01-18-16 12:22 AM
    Didn't mean to post a picture of my wife on here. She's going to kill me if she finds out.

If any mods are reading this, can you delete her picture? Thanks. Can't find a way to delete it on my phone.
    Maybe you need a better phone
    01-18-16 03:53 PM
    Maybe you need a better phone
    Still getting used to the classic lol.

01-18-16 04:10 PM
    I don't get it. My Classic has none of those problems. It's NEVER just frozen on me, my cheek presses nothing on the screen during phone calls because the screen turns off because it has a proximity sensor, never had a contact disappear, my battery lasts an entire day and outlasts everyone's phones around me, I mean, really?? How are you having all of this trouble and I'm not? Is my phone magic or what?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-19-16 04:26 PM
    So does anyone want to chime in on why the Classic is superior to a 6S? Other than the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    There's no superior or not. It only depends what works best for you. I am faster than all of my friends on their "faster" phones because of the keyboard shortcuts, toolbelt, and gesture navigation. They have access to more apps and bragging rights about how they have a "cool" phone. If you need apps to live your life, go with the iphone or an Android...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-19-16 04:30 PM
    I think he means half eaten fruit lol

Pic deleted.

FYI, if you ever need a mod's help for something like this again, feel free to use the report button with your request. The first available mod will help out. In this case, a helpful member reported it for you.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-19-16 05:02 PM
    Pic deleted.

FYI, if you ever need a mod's help for something like this again, feel free to use the report button with your request. The first available mod will help out. In this case, a helpful member reported it for you.
    Thank you so much. Will do that in the future.

BergerKing likes this.
    01-19-16 05:08 PM
    � blackberries are fruit.
    Haha I stand corrected.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 06:27 PM
    What you need to do is what I'm doing.

Keep the Classic free of any apps other than what comes on the phone and use it as your communication device. And buy a new iPod Touch 6th generation and use that for all your music, all your apps you need in a pocketable and much more affordable (than a 6S) device that goes up to 128gb.

That's my plan at the end of the month and it means I keep all the apps, Apple Music, the great camera and can tether the data from my Classic to the iPod on the go through mobile hotspot.
    Win. Win.
    I am planning to do so but with an iPad mini in my car or backpack. Most of the task will be finished on my Passport, though.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 07:24 PM

Priv and Classic combo and you can't go wrong
    True spot on man

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 01:38 AM
    For the bank apps, I suggest you try 1Market or the Amazon app store. I found mine there. As for the iPhone, a lesser new iPhone, such as the rumored iPhone 5se coming this spring, would pair up nicely with a Classic as a more cost effective way of having the best of both worlds, IMHO.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW 100-3 Z30.
    01-24-16 12:25 PM
76 1234