I wish I wasn't posting this. Years with BlackBerry then surrendered to iphone 4S and then long success with a 5S. Also had a Samsung Note 3. Switched over to the BlackBerry Classic six months ago.

Posted via CB10
    You were using all touch phones then why physical keyboard phone ? Just because it's BlackBerry ?
    Z 30 could have been better choice i think.
    01-07-16 05:53 AM
    I use a 2 phone setup. My classic and my Note 4. I've been a BB user since my pink 8330 and I've left and returned, but am now satisfied with 2 phones. My Note 4 I use as wifi only.
    I don't use a lot of apps, but the ones I do use aren't available on my Classic. My bank, Starbucks, Facebook (the app,which is horrible on Classic, makes me use the website), my local TV station app,for weather and school closings, Walmart app for savings catcher : ) and a few others. All of those I have to use my Note 4 for the apps.
    I know the Priv is out, but I Love the BB OS and don't want another android phone. I would LOVE the Passport if it was available on Verizon, but then again, lack of apps.
    So OP, use two phones! If you don't and go to Apple, you'll be back!
    doublehighc likes this.
    01-07-16 08:24 AM
    You were using all touch phones then why physical keyboard phone ? Just because it's BlackBerry ?
    Z 30 could have been better choice i think.
    Used BlackBerry before and never got used to the virtual keyboard on iphone. Something about having a BlackBerry in 2016 that is cool despite app shortcomings.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 12:34 PM
    So does anyone want to chime in on why the Classic is superior to a 6S? Other than the keyboard...
    Quite a bit cheaper. I also found its batter a bit better than my 6.
    01-07-16 01:01 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback! I agree on email; call quality and durability. I would love to try the Passport but Verizon doesn't carry it. Have a business account there so it would be a mess to change everyone over to AT&T. Definitely a fresh wipe of the Classic is in order. Maybe fire up my old ipad as well. My upgrade is on January 21st. I paid full retail for the Classic in June. That's how much I love BlackBerry! Intrigued by the possibility of a 6s Plus and keeping the classic. Thanks again for all the replies.
    iPad Mini tethered to BB10 for the data connection. Get your apps on the relatively-inexpensive iPad mini, much more satisfying to use than the iPhone really, and way less expensive.
    01-07-16 02:56 PM
    Best HW for BB10 = Passport. Classic is slower. Classic with the right software is fine too. If you need apps, go elsewhere simple as that. Ipad WIFI mini tethered to a Classic may not be a bad solution either as someone suggested.
    01-07-16 03:35 PM
    iPad Mini tethered to BB10 for the data connection. Get your apps on the relatively-inexpensive iPad mini, much more satisfying to use than the iPhone really, and way less expensive.
    Worth considering
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:40 PM
    Hey OP, Don't be sad. Just a few months ago I said I would never buy or use an Apple product and now I use an iPhone 6s+ as my daily driver and an iPad mini 4 as a media device and have never been happier. I never would have tried Apple if it were not for the Priv.
    What I mean is, once the Priv was confirmed to be an android device, I knew it was all over for BB10. That made me give Apple a try and I was surprised at the quality and ease of use they offered.
    I didn't consider an android device as a daily driver because I have played around with a ton of android devices and knew it was not for me at all.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-07-16 03:46 PM
    Hey OP, Don't be sad. Just a few months ago I said I would never buy or use an Apple product and now I use an iPhone 6s+ as my daily driver and an iPad mini 4 as a media device and have never been happier. I never would have tried Apple if it were not for the Priv.
    What I mean is, once the Priv was confirmed to be an android device, I knew it was all over for BB10. That made me give Apple a try and I was surprised at the quality and ease of use they offered.
    I didn't consider an android device as a daily driver because I have played around with a ton of android devices and knew it was not for me at all.
    Just checked with Verizon on the trade in value of my six month old Classic towards a new phone: a staggering $39! Looks like I am keeping the Classic or possibly selling on Ebay

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 04:38 PM
    Just checked with Verizon on the trade in value of my six month old Classic towards a new phone: a staggering $39! Looks like I am keeping the Classic or possibly selling on Ebay

Posted via CB10
    Ouch!
    01-07-16 05:23 PM
    Let me put in my two cents, after the stock market today maybe one cent! I have a Passport that I have all my apps running on. My Wife has an Apple 6S Plus 64 GB. I was playing with her phone and it is just slick. While Apple is one of the evil empires, I think Android is the Dark Side. The one big difference is the sound quality. I use my Passport as a speaker phone, and the sound both ways is amazing.Yet the I phone 6S plus, is just so smooth, it makes it hard to stay away from the Evil Empire!

Woof!
    lift likes this.
    01-07-16 05:43 PM
    Let me put in my two cents, after the stock market today maybe one cent! I have a Passport that I have all my apps running on. My Wife has an Apple 6S Plus 64 GB. I was playing with her phone and it is just slick. While Apple is one of the evil empires, I think Android is the Dark Side. The one big difference is the sound quality. I use my Passport as a speaker phone, and the sound both ways is amazing.Yet the I phone 6S plus, is just so smooth, it makes it hard to stay away from the Evil Empire!

Woof!
    Iphone is like Lexus: slick and reliable. I think BlackBerry is like Mercedes-Benz: sentimental favorite that just feels better on the road ;-)

Posted via CB10
    tado261 and Xeak like this.
    01-07-16 07:18 PM

Woof!
    I always hated Apple until I actually tried one. I used to always see friends using them and thought they were crazy for spending so much on a phone. I was happily using my BB10 devices. Then I actually bought an iPhone 6s+ and forced myself to use it. Didn't take long for me to get hooked. Much better than I ever realized.
    I can't say the same for android devices. I have tried phones and tablets from various manufacturers and always returned them. I keep trying to like android but I just can't. I have given up on android completely and I am happy right where I am now.
    01-07-16 09:08 PM
    Multitasking
    Call quality
    Speaker phone
    Email handling
    Durability
    Customization

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    Right on the mark!
    01-07-16 11:37 PM
    I use the same combo a Q10/IPAD on IPAD I pick and choose my apps and keep it clean .Q10 is used to for heavy e-mail stuff(both personal & official) IPAD for general browsing purpose.For banking and credit cards I have given my Nokia feature phone number(without internet).I find it totally secure and safe!!.But, I really wish BBRY 10 devices performs all the above stuff for me so that I can carry one and only that device.I know it is wishful thinking but, I can dream can't I???!!
    01-08-16 08:43 AM
    I use the same combo a Q10/IPAD on IPAD I pick and choose my apps and keep it clean .Q10 is used to for heavy e-mail stuff(both personal & official) IPAD for general browsing purpose.For banking and credit cards I have given my Nokia feature phone number(without internet).I find it totally secure and safe!!.But, I really wish BBRY 10 devices performs all the above stuff for me so that I can carry one and only that device.I know it is wishful thinking but, I can dream can't I???!!
    Priv?

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-08-16 10:30 AM
    Iphone is like Lexus: slick and reliable. I think BlackBerry is like Mercedes-Benz: sentimental favorite that just feels better on the road ;-)

Posted via CB10
    That analogy actually kind of works considering BlackBerry sponsors the MB F1 team, but it would only make sense if Lexus was completely dominant in the market place, is priced higher than all their competition and MB has been relegated to also-rans (MB is still seen as the "superior" car brand by almost everybody, Lexus is just the more "sensible" choice for a lot of people).

This is what I've done and what I strongly suggest. A new Mini 2 is in the $200ish range and performs a lot of the functions well. Imagine skipping most of the patching/Google Play Services requirements just by having an iOS device that can do all of it without the fuss. Only problem is it's not portable everywhere and generally, you'll only take it with you if you are bringing your briefcase/bag along.
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 12:37 PM
    I came over from an iPhone 6+ to the Classic in December. The iPhone is a nice device, but I found myself having to many apps that I did not use on the phone. What I needed was a work horse - talk, text, and email. I have only 5 apps on the Classic that I need, otherwise I keep the phone very clean. I have not had any issues with battery life, or slowness. To me the best part is having blend on my computer at work, love being able to access all my email and text without having to pick up the phone. I do have a iPad mini 2 that I carry that have the work apps that I would need to have access to so it works well. Is the Classic perfect - no, but then again I have not found any phone that is, but the Classic is close.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-08-16 01:01 PM
    Use what works best for you. Why on earth do you need people to 'convince' YOU to make YOUR choice of phone. YOU'RE using it, not them. Spending YOUR money on it and from the sounds of it, YOU have YOUR mind made up. If you're having issues then maybe we can help, but it doesn't like you're seeking help, it sounds like you're wanting others to make your life decisions for you.
    Yes! Boy do I hate those 'convince me' threads. If you need convincing, it probably isn't the phone for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 05:18 PM
    Yes! Boy do I hate those 'convince me' threads. If you need convincing, it probably isn't the phone for you.

Posted via CB10
    Sheesh guys just looking for opinions from other BlackBerry users. I sincerely regret if my indecisiveness caused you any grief. The truth is outside of call quality and the keyboard the Classic I own has been a bit of a turd.

Posted via CB10
    gjh1978 likes this.
    01-08-16 08:11 PM
    I came over from an iPhone 6+ to the Classic in December. The iPhone is a nice device, but I found myself having to many apps that I did not use on the phone. What I needed was a work horse - talk, text, and email. I have only 5 apps on the Classic that I need, otherwise I keep the phone very clean. I have not had any issues with battery life, or slowness. To me the best part is having blend on my computer at work, love being able to access all my email and text without having to pick up the phone. I do have a iPad mini 2 that I carry that have the work apps that I would need to have access to so it works well. Is the Classic perfect - no, but then again I have not found any phone that is, but the Classic is close.
    That sounds like a good setup! I remember being very app happy with my last iPhone to the point of overkill.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 08:22 PM
    Used BlackBerry before and never got used to the virtual keyboard on iphone. Something about having a BlackBerry in 2016 that is cool despite app shortcomings.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Z30 touch keyboard is simply fantastic.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-09-16 07:22 AM
    What you need to do is what I'm doing.

Keep the Classic free of any apps other than what comes on the phone and use it as your communication device. And buy a new iPod Touch 6th generation and use that for all your music, all your apps you need in a pocketable and much more affordable (than a 6S) device that goes up to 128gb.

That's my plan at the end of the month and it means I keep all the apps, Apple Music, the great camera and can tether the data from my Classic to the iPod on the go through mobile hotspot.
    Win. Win.
    I do the same with the exception of a banking app on my Classic and I have an Android tablet (cheap) for the "apps". Tablet is gathering dust but it is there if we feel we r missing anything.

Posted via Classic
    01-09-16 08:45 AM
    BlackBerry Z30 touch keyboard is simply fantastic.
    I have three active phone numbers. Crazy, yeah? The PKB is why my brand new Cobalt Blue Classic has already displaced my beloved Z30 and is now threatening my iPhone 6 Plus for king of the hill. I have found two banking apps on Amazon that are working great on my Classic. I'm trying to simplify by rolling all text and email communications over to the Classic, while the bulkier iPhone still excels in iMessage (with friends owning iPhones), key work apps, and media consumption. As for the Z30, it'll now be a very capable tertiary device for me.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    01-09-16 07:46 PM
    Did a factory reset on my dormant Samsung Note 3 and then went ballistic reloading apps and then some. Have also deleted as many as possible on the Classic. Going to preserve that perfect call clarity and keyboard and let the Samsung satisfy the music and app itch without spending any money for now. We'll see how long I hold out. BTW Apple Music is awesome and it works seamlessly on Android. Thanks again for all the great feedback.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Aneres11 likes this.
    01-10-16 05:33 AM
76 1234