I made the switch back to BB after time wasted with an iPhone 4s, a Note 3, and a briefly-lived forgettable disappointment with the bugfest S6. I got my Classic recently ($200 mint, thank you!) and it's been amazing.

I don't get what people are missing between BB10 and Android/ios. Out of the box and using home screen bookmarks I have Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NBC Pro Sports, and my bank. All that with the Hub and I really honestly am not missing a thing. People talk a lot about the app gap, but could you please provide feedback on what some are missing desperately enough to consider leaving such a fantastic device? Consider what the Classic offers over pretty much any droid/Apple:

1. Double the battery life with equal use.
    2. Hub!
    3. Convenient little things like facedown auto-off, pick up auto-on, auto-stay if you're holding the device, and bedside mode.
    4. PKB!
    5. Perfect size.
    6. Trackpad.

This is a device that makes me root for BlackBerry so desperately.. I hope they support BB10 for years to come. Interested to hear your feedback.
    naveedk likes this.
    03-02-16 03:21 PM
    I've been a BB user for years. Presently have a Classic as well.

Though I love the keyboard and hub, the lack of Flash is bothersome. I also have not been able to load Instagram. Though I sideloaded apps on my Q10, I haven't done so on the classic.
    Additionally, with teenage and college age children, the lack of Whatsapp is going to be awful.

Currently on the fence about moving off of the 10 OS.
    03-02-16 04:00 PM
    Does IG not work in your browser? It loads quickly for me and looks almost identical to the droid app
    03-02-16 04:08 PM
    Presently on a Classic, my first OS10 phone.

Loving it with the exception of Google Hangouts - that would be VERY helpful for work. Unfortunately, Cobalt's fine work doesn't help me because our corporation uses dual factor authentication, which keeps me from being able to use Hangouts. Other than that, I'm very happy with the Classic.

My wife has an iPhone - 20 seconds trying to type on a virtual keyboard and I'm ready to pitch the stupid thing at a wall!
    I have an iPad also, greatly like it except for that archaic "push the home BUTTON to do anything" nonesense - really irksome.
    asublimeday likes this.
    03-02-16 04:13 PM
    Presently on a Classic, my first OS10 phone.

Loving it with the exception of Google Hangouts - that would be VERY helpful for work. Unfortunately, Cobalt's fine work doesn't help me because our corporation uses dual factor authentication, which keeps me from being able to use Hangouts. Other than that, I'm very happy with the Classic.

My wife has an iPhone - 20 seconds trying to type on a virtual keyboard and I'm ready to pitch the stupid thing at a wall!
    I have an iPad also, greatly like it except for that archaic "push the home BUTTON to do anything" nonesense - really irksome.
    Try the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard. Not all virtual keyboards are alike.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Avenzuno and so crow like this.
    03-02-16 05:00 PM

Though I love the keyboard and hub, the lack of Flash is bothersome. I also have not been able to load Instagram. Though I sideloaded apps on my Q10, I haven't done so on the classic.
    Additionally, with teenage and college age children, the lack of Whatsapp is going to be awful.

You can get Flash with Zeus Browser

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

From what I've been hearing, Whatsapp still functions and will continue to function beyond 2016, even if the support ends. Also, been hearing the Android version of Whatsapp works very well. Consider installing Cobalt's Play Store to make app life so much easier.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:21 PM
    Back to the Classic after 3 months on the Priv.. the Priv keyboard is just a little less than was hoping for.

I even have google drive working fine.. not that I use it too much.

Once there are a few more options to activate real blackberry style workflows it is just a bare bones android.

I believe the true app gap is for those that need Snapchat or others that require >4.x OS such as MS Office apps, periscope, hopper ets..

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:17 PM
    one thing I don't see mentioned often, but is huge for me, is blend and the native file manager. it's not just having a file manager available by default, but it is that it's integrated deeply into the os. save a photo, mp3, video, pdf from the web browser, hub, cb, anywhere - you get to save it where you choose whether it be internal storage, sd card, dropbox, your pc at home.. it's amazing. on android and priv I am constantly moving files from the default / unchangeable "downloads" directory on internal storage back out to my sd card and it is a huge chore!

I love bb10, hoping to use it for as long as I possibly can!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 11:56 PM
    one thing I don't see mentioned often, but is huge for me, is blend and the native file manager. it's not just having a file manager available by default, but it is that it's integrated deeply into the os. save a photo, mp3, video, pdf from the web browser, hub, cb, anywhere - you get to save it where you choose whether it be internal storage, sd card, dropbox, your pc at home.. it's amazing. on android and priv I am constantly moving files from the default / unchangeable "downloads" directory on internal storage back out to my sd card and it is a huge chore!

I love bb10, hoping to use it for as long as I possibly can!

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree with you especially about file manager it's so useful and so simple to manage your music, pictures and files of device, sd and cloud storage

Posted via CB10
    asublimeday and J_Apryono like this.
    03-03-16 01:00 AM
    Ended up getting a Priv. The Classic was missing many of the group texts that would come through, no matter what I tried. My wife and I were in on the same group text and I was getting maybe half of them. Happy with the Priv. Looking forward to an Android Classic (Vienna, I hope)
    03-15-16 03:43 PM
    I made the switch back to BB after time wasted with an iPhone 4s, a Note 3, and a briefly-lived forgettable disappointment with the bugfest S6. I got my Classic recently ($200 mint, thank you!) and it's been amazing.

I don't get what people are missing between BB10 and Android/ios. Out of the box and using home screen bookmarks I have Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NBC Pro Sports, and my bank. All that with the Hub and I really honestly am not missing a thing. People talk a lot about the app gap, but could you please provide feedback on what some are missing desperately enough to consider leaving such a fantastic device? Consider what the Classic offers over pretty much any droid/Apple:

1. Double the battery life with equal use.
    2. Hub!
    3. Convenient little things like facedown auto-off, pick up auto-on, auto-stay if you're holding the device, and bedside mode.
    4. PKB!
    5. Perfect size.
    6. Trackpad.

This is a device that makes me root for BlackBerry so desperately.. I hope they support BB10 for years to come. Interested to hear your feedback.
    Well said man!

 Q❿/Z❿ #qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    03-15-16 09:53 PM
    Went the other way. Classic to S7 Edge.

BlackBerry Classic
    so crow likes this.
    03-16-16 12:07 AM

I don't get what people are missing between BB10 and Android/ios. Out of the box and using home screen bookmarks I have Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NBC Pro Sports, and my bank. All that with the Hub and I really honestly am not missing a thing.
    Can you actually post pictures using instagram in a browser? And how do you get hub integration?

SQC100-1 BlackBerry Classic
    03-16-16 05:32 AM
    Went the other way. Classic to S7 Edge.

BlackBerry Classic
    How are you finding the change so far??
    03-16-16 07:20 AM
    How are you finding the change so far??
    Although I loved my Classic, I just couldn't deal with the laggy browser and app issues. Spotify and Pandora always had trouble starting, text messages wouldn't work when I was connected to a bluetooth device, and other minor problems but I did love the keyboard and ease of setup. I'm loving the S7 Edge but I just got it the other day and I'm sure the wow factor will wear off soon. I'm already making typos when I text and already miss the BlackBerry keyboard. I had an S4 and Galaxy Note tablet so this isn't my first Galaxy.

BlackBerry Classic
    03-16-16 07:38 AM
    I loved my classic but got rid of it mainly because of the terrible headset volume. Tried everything but for a NYC commute (loud) , I needed better volume power
    03-16-16 08:06 AM
    What is a S6?
    do I miss anything?

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-16-16 10:48 AM
    how well do gmail contacts sync? Is it like any other android?
    03-16-16 11:25 AM
    Got a Classic cause needed a one hand usable phone, used a Passport for a year and loved it, however is a 2 hand phone. Now happily surprised with the Classic, amazed by the fact that I do not need to touch the screen! All my former Passport apps work well too.

Posted via CB10
    kertong and FahedAlDerbi like this.
    03-17-16 02:20 AM
    I sold the classic for a profit as soon as the FB and WhatsApp announcements dropped. Not going to get stuck taking a loss. Have a Priv now and it's the best phone I've ever owned.
    03-21-16 07:56 AM
    Yea I'm not to happy about the facebook support for the classic. But I've downloaded face10 and i haven't noticed much battery drain. If I do I will get rid of it. I have to have access to messenger in some way shape or form so for now I have the latest android version installed

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 09:12 AM
    Yea I'm not to happy about the facebook support for the classic. But I've downloaded face10 and i haven't noticed much battery drain. If I do I will get rid of it. I have to have access to messenger in some way shape or form so for now I have the latest android version installed

Posted via CB10
    I just turned emailed notifications back on and it automatically redirects me to where I need to go. It's not that bad.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-21-16 12:57 PM

I just downloaded a browser called Zeus that says it uses all the old BlackBerry browser APIs and has flash. It also let's you choose DuckDuckGo as your search engine. I've loaded it but not been to a site with flash

Posted via CB10 with my Classic
    03-22-16 09:22 AM