02-04-15 02:11 PM
37 12
tools
    Does not matter if I use hubb app or left swipe hub list. I open one e-mail list for example, hit return key and instead of the list I am on active frame (main screen).

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:15 PM
    Is the Back key now a Return key?
    02-03-15 12:20 PM
    Does not matter if I use hubb app or left swipe hub list. I open one e-mail list for example, hit return key and instead of the list I am on active frame (main screen).

Posted via CB10
    The hamburger menu in the hub is a filter, but not the access to ~17 different hubs. The user stays in the only hub that is there, with different filters applied.
    So it is logical that return/back returns/brings you back to the previous 'app', which is the home screen, in this case. The back/return key is no 'disable filter' key.

This is my very personal perspective on it, which apparently is very different from yours.
    Another great example for regardless of what will be implemented and how, it will never please everybody.
    02-03-15 12:38 PM
    Sure, but "hub" is the key marketing item for whole os 10 and it's devices, so I expect this functionality should be implemented with more care about detail. I uderstand your points, but imagine - you enter "hub" and open mail, then open facebook and then last calls hub lists. If you now hit return key, where should you go?
    For me is logical all the way back - facebook and then mail and then mail screen. As it works now, there is difference between return and end call keys.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:53 PM
    The Hamburger Hub menu is the primary Hub from where you can access everything including accounts you don't want in the (secondary) hub.

The return path from anywhere in the hub should go back through the Hamburger Hub menu and then to the apps screen.

It is such a waste of time having to use different actions to get back to the Hamburger Hub menu. It is also unintuitive.
    02-03-15 01:16 PM
    A quick check shows that if your press the 'End Call' key anywhere in the hub, it takes you directly back to the apps page. This is an intuitive and we'll designed short cut for those who require a quick exit. This is the equivalent to swiping up.

It is therefore logical that the 'Back Key' should go all the way back to the Hamburger menu, in the same way that we can swipe all the way back.

Why is the 'Back Swipe' and the 'Back Key' taking different routes? It is illogical.
    02-03-15 01:36 PM
    VeryBumpy: does not matter, how we will call it - talking about the key on the right side of the trackpad.
    02-03-15 04:32 PM
    End Call we agree works perfectly. It is the most final of keys and always was on earlier phones.

I agree that the back key is missing a step. Let's see if there's an update to this in the near future. As I suggested some of this navigation is still be worked through. It's fun to watch. I find myself using the trackpad more and more as it is quite fast.
    02-04-15 12:54 AM
    OP, maybe it'll make the tool belt too powerful if that's the case.

Quality under the skin.
    Lol can't have that now

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:03 AM
    End Call we agree works perfectly. It is the most final of keys and always was on earlier phones.

I agree that the back key is missing a step. Let's see if there's an update to this in the near future. As I suggested some of this navigation is still be worked through. It's fun to watch. I find myself using the trackpad more and more as it is quite fast.
    Trackpad is seriously addictive.
    But the layout on screen at the bottom area is sometimes making it less perfect then it should be. For example here in the forum - you want to scroll down using trackpad, but on the screen just above trackpad is reply icon in the same centered position as trackpad. As you want to scroll down using trackpad - you just little bit touch the screen as the finger move to the trackpad from top and instead of easy scroll you open reply post, what you have to cancel and it's slowing you down and after while drive me crazy. It will be good do missaligne the center icons on the bottom of the screen to be bit left or right and leave area just above touchpad empty.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:10 AM
    Yes, trackpad is nice to have, but it is a little too small.

When you look at the design of the 9900 curved keyboard and tool belt, it takes up about the same amount of space as the classic, but with a much bigger trackpad.

When I use the 9900 trackpad, the larger area (probably double the volume) seems to give better control. Feels nicer too.

The new classic lacks the elegant look of the old 9900.
    02-04-15 12:27 PM
    Totally understand. What I used to do was to always be in the Hub root rather than individual account pane. If I was in an individual accounts pane, I would then press End Call button and the Press the Hub on-screen button (left bottom) and that will take me back to the Hub root pane again.

I think that might help in the meantime but certainly its the only place in the Hub you still have to use gestures when going through different accounts.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-04-15 02:11 PM
37 12