My current contract runs out in october of this year and i would really like to return to bb with the classic. So my main question/concern is it worth it? Will bb 10 be available and usable over the next couple of years with updates. I must point out i dont use any of the social media sites or play games on my phone. At the moment i'm on android and wish to return to bb. I have been checking on the forum on and off for months now but cant find any definate answers that may make my mind up for sure. Any help or advice would be appreciated . Thanks in advance.
    04-07-16 04:45 AM
    Your phone will come with BB10. more than likely there will be maintenance updates only. nothing much new will be added. You could get 2 years life from a new BB device now if you don't desire apps.
    04-07-16 05:12 AM
    It will be fine. BlackBerry 10 phones will not suddenly turn into self replicating mechanical spiders and eat your house. I still see Nokia 3210's in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-07-16 05:34 AM
    Just bought a new Classic. They will not stop working because the company does not support the OS any more. Think of windows XP story...no longer supported by microsoft but any PC having it installed will still work.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:19 AM
    Thanks jaydee5799 for the quick reply. I should of mentioned in my post i was more concerned with the BB10 OS than the phone ityself. I just dont want to get into a 2 year contract and have problems with BB10 OS.
    04-07-16 07:25 AM
    If you only use e-mail, text and calling it shouldn't be a problem. If you need any other apps (banking, maps, etc), you should check their availability on the Amazon app store - it's the default Android app store on BB10. You can also install Google Play using Cobalt's guide.

Even so, I wouldn't recommend buying a 2 year old phone with a platform that's slowly going into maintenance mode.
    04-07-16 07:30 AM
    LSDBerry , i guess i should of mentioned i was more concerned about the BB10 OS than the classic itself but only mentioned the phone as thats what i have my mind set on getting. Im glad to hear the blackberry phones will not suddenly turn into self replicating mechanical spiders as you suggest, but if you have ever seen this happen maybe you should keep it to yourself. If they do not suddenly turn into spiders does it just happen over a long time. Thanks for your reply
    04-07-16 07:36 AM
    Thanks werkregen, thats what i was thinking .As i still have until october i will watch on the forum to see if BB10 has any changes,updates or whatever.Thanks again
    04-07-16 07:41 AM
    BB10 is the most underrated thing in the world of mobile technology. For us, it is THE best OS out there, better than iOS and Android. If you do a lot of e-mailing, and do not care about using facebook on the browser (though there are app alternatives, too), then go on! Buy the Classic and see how great and efficient this phone is!

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    04-07-16 07:49 AM
    BB10 10.3.3 is expected to be released during the summer and Chen said in an interview that he might decide whether to exit the hardware business in September. So, the situation should be a lot clearer by the time your contract expires.
    04-07-16 08:07 AM
    BB10 10.3.3 is expected to be released during the summer and Chen said in an interview that he might decide whether to exit the hardware business in September. So, the situation should be a lot clearer by the time your contract expires.
    Even IF they exit the hardware business, all of the Classic's that are already built will continue to operate perfectly fine for years.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:55 AM
    I bought Blackberry Classic after my experience with my wife's Bold 9900. I wouldn't worry at all about how your phone woul be functioning even after the support of the OS10 will be over.Everything will be working perfectly and any apps like "banking" which might be not functioning would be accessible via website. Just go for it,everything will be fine.
    04-07-16 12:48 PM
    My current contract runs out in october of this year and i would really like to return to bb with the classic. So my main question/concern is it worth it? Will bb 10 be available and usable over the next couple of years with updates. I must point out i dont use any of the social media sites or play games on my phone. At the moment i'm on android and wish to return to bb. I have been checking on the forum on and off for months now but cant find any definate answers that may make my mind up for sure. Any help or advice would be appreciated . Thanks in advance.
    I don't see any reason to not come back to the most secure device on the planet. Especially given that you aren't looking for anything more than a phone and email capabilities.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    04-07-16 01:19 PM
    Just bought one, and I love it!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:32 PM
    Just bought one, and I love it!!!

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations. I have the Priv and I am missing my Classic. I think I am going to switch back to it for a little while. Something about that form factor.

Posted via my Priv
    bowlman123 likes this.
    04-07-16 10:22 PM
    Congratulations. I have the Priv and I am missing my Classic. I think I am going to switch back to it for a little while. Something about that form factor.

Posted via my Priv
    Switched from the Priv to the Classic for the past week. Android for apps and BB10 for the rest is a good solution, but I have carrying 2 phones.
    04-08-16 07:18 AM
    Thanks all for your advice,its great to see people are still buying the classic and enjoying BB10. I will keep watching over the next few months.
    04-08-16 11:58 AM
    The OS is fantastic for work, the Hub, emails, calls and sms. Using my Classic, have my iphone 6 plus and Galaxy Note 3 left on my desk.

Maybe we can help you a little bit more if you tell us more about your apps.If you're highly user of Whatsapp right now and you care about any funcionality...well sad to say but you will not have more support soon

Other apps have similar situation. Depends on your needs.

From my Classic
    04-08-16 12:10 PM
    This os will like be supported for many years even if the classic is the last BB10 device produced. This is because of the certifications BB10 has. Plus despite people claiming this OS is dead, new apps continue to roll out even from developers claim to have dropped off have dropped blackberry support.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 01:29 PM
    If you do decide on a BB10 device, definitely buy used which will save you money. Then you can save your upgrade for something else in case you want to change.
    04-08-16 07:21 PM
    I've already been running into problems with BB10. Their last OS release had a buggy Android Runtime that didn't fully uninstall Android apps when you deleted them. And in my case the radio file was buggy and cause me to receive duplicate text messages, so I had to use Sachesi to roll that file back to the previous version.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-08-16 07:25 PM
    I've already been running into problems with BB10. Their last OS release had a buggy Android Runtime that didn't fully uninstall Android apps when you deleted them. And in my case the radio file was buggy and cause me to receive duplicate text messages, so I had to use Sachesi to roll that file back to the previous version.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    It's crazy how different installs can differ person to person... I don't see any problems with the newest os...
    04-08-16 09:07 PM
    I say go for it man. I traded my Iphone 6 in for a BlackBerry Classic and have not looked back! The physical keyboard has to be one of the best ever on a smartphone. I think BlackBerry 10 will still be here with us for a while. Don't give in to the naysayers!

PunchinKeysOnAClassic

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 11:05 PM
    I don't want to be 'that guy' but have you looked at the Passport? I cannot recommend it enough unless you are set on having the tool belt. There's just something about it that's really fantastic (although I wouldn't mind a trial run with the priv). Also, my Facebook app still works with the hub etc, I didn't update.

Passport
    04-08-16 11:15 PM
    I've already been running into problems with BB10. Their last OS release had a buggy Android Runtime that didn't fully uninstall Android apps when you deleted them.
    There is already a fix for that. You have to update your runtime via bbworld. There is an article here in crackberry that has the link.

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    04-08-16 11:47 PM
51 123