So far, i install success RetroArch Cascades but i found that not gonna save my key input setting if i exit the app. I try to run 1.3.6 version but that didnt work, everytime i "load content" the error message show up "this content missing 1 thing to run the game". Also "core update" is also not work, it show "No data entry". Is there any way to fix this??? My BB10 version is 10.3.3 2137. Thank you.
    07-01-19 02:18 AM
    Sorry but the developer of that hasn't been around in a while... and the core update has been inoperable for a while now.
    Haunty likes this.
    07-01-19 08:45 AM
    So far, i install success RetroArch Cascades but i found that not gonna save my key input setting if i exit the app. I try to run 1.3.6 version but that didnt work, everytime i "load content" the error message show up "this content missing 1 thing to run the game". Also "core update" is also not work, it show "No data entry". Is there any way to fix this??? My BB10 version is 10.3.3 2137. Thank you.
    Let me see if I can test this for you Haunty. I'm not the dev but I occasionally am able to finagle some things into doing what people want them to do.
    Haunty likes this.
    07-01-19 05:52 PM
    Aw, that too bad. But the good new the Cascades version work like charm, im not able to use the handle so those available cores should satisfy me. So far, the Classic is the most device of BB10 has most issues.
    07-01-19 09:25 PM
    Thanks you bro.
    07-01-19 09:26 PM
    Let me see if I can test this for you Haunty. I'm not the dev but I occasionally am able to finagle some things into doing what people want them to do.
    From the main thread, it sounds more like he shutdown his servers that were hosting the core files... Might be better if you know of another game emulator that he could try.
    07-02-19 07:47 AM
    From the main thread, it sounds more like he shutdown his servers that were hosting the core files... Might be better if you know of another game emulator that he could try.
    Fair enough. It might come to that, but RetroArch is generally pretty awesome so if it can be used/this issue can be fixed I'd like to know that regardless.
    07-02-19 04:07 PM
    If the cascades version is working only, is this possible that tekken 6 could be played on it?

Or is it possible to manually download cores and rest stuff to make the retroarch 1.3.6 working again?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-20 10:53 AM
    Retro arch 1.3.6 es2 works fine over here on a classic. It comes with cores in the install file already. You just cant *update or add new cores* (and attempting to do so can break the cores that come installed, a reinstall will fix that) Ive set it up on at least 5 or 6 classics at this point and it seems to run things pretty fine up to a ps1 (no n64)

This version of retro arch does have a few issues with reading from SD cards however (see original thread). Try placing the roms you want to play on internal storage instead, that seems to be a sure fire way to make sure they are runnable. Ive also noticed I have issues with writing SD cards for the classic in windows 10, but not 7, so keep that in mind too.

Also I have noticed that if your roms are in a zip its fine, but this version of retro arch cant decompress 7z. You also need to be sure you have some space on the internal storage as the zips are extracted to a temp folder on internal storage when you run them.

I have managed to get roms working from the SD card despite all of this, but it seems to be a delicate balance of "it works" until you add more files, which can potentially break it in a way that retro arch cannot see the rom files anymore, and some amount of juggling files around *can* sometimes fix it, but a lot of times you might just have to format the sd card and start over. I suspect retro arch is doing some kind of folder caching and that cache never gets updated, or something along those lines, and i dont really know where i can fix that.

And of course all of this depends on you having a functioning rom
    09-01-20 01:43 AM