Well, not really - but I am giving it a try.

My provider Vodafone contacted me telling me that I am eligible for a new phone with my contract. Since there is no Android phone I fancy atm (was looking for a Xperia) 4, unfortunately not available in my part of the world)I got myself the Classic. Happy so far, especially the size is by far more useful than the Passport. Up to now I don't recognize any performance issues although I know the specs are far worse than the Passport.

I am sure I won't retire the Passport but for the time being I am more happy with the Classic at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:27 PM
    I did the same. I traded in my passport because it felt too cumbersome for work. I love my classic and am totally happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:45 PM
    How about q10?

Posted via CB10 for  Q10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-19-15 03:10 PM
    I did the same. I traded in my passport because it felt too cumbersome for work. I love my classic and am totally happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    Well, how is the keyboard for u? Is it any better than the passport or do u think passport keyboard is better or the same???
    05-19-15 03:15 PM
    You're going to love the Classic it is under appreciated by many but really smooth running and solid.
    05-19-15 03:21 PM
    I personally love the angled keys on this guy. I mean the passports aren't bad either but they're flat which makes a difference. Both good though just my preference.

Posted via CB10
    cazato likes this.
    05-19-15 03:23 PM
    For the umpteenth time, I almost bought a Passport today. This post made me realize again that I'm just farting fairy dust. My Classic rocks. I just hope that the bronze comes out so I can buy another one.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    7onZ likes this.
    05-19-15 07:17 PM
    I have both devices and they're both great. Passport feels more snappier than classic due to superior specs, but classic form factor feels perfect. I couldn't decide which one to keep so I am keeping both for now.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:29 AM
    I have both devices and they're both great. Passport feels more snappier than classic due to superior specs, but classic form factor feels perfect. I couldn't decide which one to keep so I am keeping both for now.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing here, both devices are great. I'd have a hard time deciding which one to keep, currently I am forced to use the Passport - Classic is off for warranty.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:35 AM
    I have both the Classic is my favorite to use, the Passport is too big to be a good phone and too small to be a good tablet
    eji930 likes this.
    05-20-15 11:26 AM
    Haven't used the Passport for a week and honestly - I don't miss it. At the beginning it is hard to adapt to a keyboard which far more tactile (?) than the passport, but once you have adpated this is a great phone!

Love it, screen size is ok, fits in my front jeans pocket and looks professional. Plus: it does all I would require.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:00 AM
    How about q10?

Posted via CB10 for  Q10
    I have a Q10 on my second mobile line. At the beginning I liked the typing experience more on the Q10, but now this is about on the same level.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:03 AM
    I like both phones, passport is a lot more powerful though
    05-22-15 11:43 AM
    I have a Q10 on my second mobile line. At the beginning I liked the typing experience more on the Q10, but now this is about on the same level.

Posted via CB10
    really? because im planning to get the classic as my 2nd blackberry phone. i really love the design though the same power with q10
    05-26-15 04:13 AM
    Well, I jumped too!
    I had the passport for 4 or 5 days and switched to the classic. So far, this is day 2 on the classic and I have no regrets.
    Do I miss the passport? Yes, some.
    I do miss the battery of the passport and the screen. I miss the speed also.
    But! I'm in love with the portability of the classic. One handed convenience. I love the blackberry classic keyboard, it is soooo comfortable. It feels just right. The trackpad is really nice to have. I mean the classic is all I need and that's it.
    Wish list for classic: better specs for performance, better screen. And number one wish list better battery!
    05-26-15 10:26 AM
    One thing for sure: for me the battery life is even better on the Classic compared with the Passport - and certainly better than Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 11:32 AM
    Then you had a horrible passport, as battery time is way better on the passport

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 11:44 AM
    Seriously guys, I own the two phones also, and also I couldn't decide which one to keep!
    I've been swapping between them each week and loving each more every time I use them.
    But at some point, since last month i've been using the Passport, only because of the build quality on this monster!
    And thats my only issue with the Classic. Build quality isn't that good, and I know that most of you guys have perfect Classic's out there, but I have exchanged 4 Classic's on warranty because of light leak issues either on the keyboard or between the toolbelt and the screen.
    And i'd be lying if that stopped me from loving it!
    I'm actually writing now using the Classic and the typing experience? Oh God, its so sweet!

Still confused about which one to leave permanently, but I believe that which ever I choose and you guys choose is not the wrong choice, they're both amazing on each level.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:50 PM
    I did the same thing yesterday. I had the Passport for 6 months. While the Passport is a great device for media and casual use, I found it too clumsy for work.

I'm very happy with the Classic and very happy about how productive it allows me to be. The toolbelt, coupled with the sculpted keys and the ALT button have unleashed a level of mobile productivity in me not seen since my good old 9900's days.

I do, however, miss the Passport's vivid and large screen, its stereo speakers, and the raw horsepower it had under the hood. Furthermore, while the Classic's build quality does not feel "cheap", it does not feel as "premium" as the Passport. Suffice to say, all this doesn't bother me too much. In life, everything is a trade off and at least in my case, the value of my productivity gains far exceeds the value I attributed to all of the above.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    05-26-15 01:30 PM
    Seriously guys, I own the two phones also, and also I couldn't decide which one to keep!
    I've been swapping between them each week and loving each more every time I use them.
    But at some point, since last month i've been using the Passport, only because of the build quality on this monster!
    And thats my only issue with the Classic. Build quality isn't that good, and I know that most of you guys have perfect Classic's out there, but I have exchanged 4 Classic's on warranty because of light leak issues either on the keyboard or between the toolbelt and the screen.
    And i'd be lying if that stopped me from loving it!
    I'm actually writing now using the Classic and the typing experience? Oh God, its so sweet!

Still confused about which one to leave permanently, but I believe that which ever I choose and you guys choose is not the wrong choice, they're both amazing on each level.

Posted via CB10
    Suffer from much indecision? Same problem with girlfriends?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    05-26-15 02:28 PM
    How's the camera with the Classic compared to the Passport, if I may throw in a question here?
    I'm extensively using Instagram and most of the time the pictures come from my DSLR, however, it happens quite often that I need to take a snapshot with my phone.

I am currently using the Passport and I'm glad that the camera is quite okay for most situations, though not perfect.

Currently I'm thinking of switching to the Classic for several reasons. The alternative would be a high-end Android device but I fear I would miss BB10 and the hardware keyboard too much.

So how is it with that camera of the Classic? Does it perform acceptable? The Q10 camera was horrible actually... not comparable to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:29 PM
    I do, however, miss the Passport's vivid and large screen, its stereo speakers, and the raw horsepower it had under the hood. Furthermore, while the Classic's build quality does not feel "cheap", it does not feel as "premium" as the Passport. Suffice to say, all this doesn't bother me too much. In life, everything is a trade off and at least in my case, the value of my productivity gains far exceeds the value I attributed to all of the above.
    YES SIR!
    The vivid screen!
    The loudest speaker I've ever heard!
    The premium feel!
    Man those are awesome features that the passport has!
    But I'm happy with the classic on a personal everyday level to do everything and I feel like the classic is just a hold on for a second type of phone until they improve it and make it to the level of the passport and then we are set!
    I'm am hopeful about blackberry going back to its root and all it needs is to improve and not to try to do other things or anything new. I think they got it right the first time with the curves and the bolds, but when they try to catch up to the iphone with the storm, was when their demise started and they just kept trying instead of improving what they already had. But now it seems like they are going back in the right direction. Or at least I'm hopeful!
    salexs11 likes this.
    05-26-15 03:44 PM

So how is it with that camera of the Classic? Does it perform acceptable? The Q10 camera was horrible actually... not comparable to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Here are some examples : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1013010

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-26-15 03:56 PM
    Here are some examples : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1013010

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Thanks. Well it seems like the camera is not too impressive but I guess I could live with that.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:15 AM
    Must say, it actually takes quite impressive pictures, especially in daylight! Not much worse then the passport or so

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:32 AM
62 123