Does anyone know if it is possible to remove any of the keys on the blackberry classic keyboard? My spacebar has paint chipped off on the top of the key and I want to add a little black paint to cover it up as the light shines through and it give the impression of a cheap device.

Can I just pop this key out and click it back in? Or will it require me to take apart the device and remove the whole keyboard?

Any help would be great.

P.S. I can't be bothered to return it.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:48 PM
    I know of people reattching keys which have fallen off. I don't think you can purposefully remove a key.

You could just replace the whole keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:21 PM
    There are videos on taking the classic apart but i don't think the market is going to get flooded with parts this soon yet for replacement keyboards.
    03-04-15 03:50 PM
    Yikes, that sounds risky trying to remove one key. Replace the whole keyboard if possible. If paint is already gone, wouldn't that be a defect since it's still so new? My q10 still has a perfect keyboard after 18 months and I'm banging away on the thing all day.
    03-04-15 05:51 PM
    I have to say, the quality of the Q10 keyboard material is top notch! The keys on my very well used Q10 are still practically perfect. That should be how the keys are constructed. I also was lucky enough to have an OG Q10 with no double typing problems. That is how the Classic keys 'should be', sucks that some color is chipping off, that would be annoying for sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:35 AM