09-22-14 08:25 PM
89 ... 234
tools
    I feel very confident it will have a removable battery, it's called the Classic after all.
    Also read rumors it could be at least a 2500 mAh, which would be a nice improvement.
    Wait and see is all we can do.
    08-16-14 09:01 AM
    Hopefully you are right because it would be stupid to name it the classic and then doing something like this I also hope the classic os will feel like OS 7 because I just don't like the gesture based os 10..but there is still time so we'll see
    Mack Gans likes this.
    08-16-14 08:04 PM
    any update on classic removable vs non removable battery? last time i read Blaze mentioned it was non-removable battery. the trend on the blackberry phone are non removable like the q5, z30, z3 and now the upcoming Q30 aka Passport. but reading about the qwerty Porsche design Concept P9983 (almost like a Q10) it was reportedly removable battery. there's still hope!
    Last edited by danyfan; 09-04-14 at 02:25 PM.
    09-04-14 12:14 PM
    I hope to be removable battery.
    09-05-14 01:43 AM
    Not too concerned over non removable battery as my 3 year old 9900 is still going strong on its original battery !!!
    09-05-14 06:53 AM
    Not too concerned over non removable battery as my 3 year old 9900 is still going strong on its original battery !!!
    I don't think the 9900's battery life was ever that strong, even brand new... I might be spoiled from the 9000, but when I got the 9900 immediately the first thing I was disappointed with was its battery life. I remember my 9000 going for like 3 days on one charge, lol.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-05-14 09:20 PM
    Rather than worry if the battery is removable or not, the better question is will a single battery hold a charge as long as I need it? Given the monster expected in the Passport and the advances in Battery life hit mobile tech over the past ~3 years, I don't know that having a removeable battery is necessary.

From a design perspective as an engineer, you have a lot more room to save (slimmer phone) and weight to be saved, not to mention a more sturdy device with cleaner lines, when you don't have to remove the battery. I personally hope no removable battery, and given that size battery they can with current technology stick in the Classic, I don't see a need for a removeable one either.
    I kind of agree. While having a removable battery is preferred for me, and I think it's all around a better idea (for those who are such power users that even a big battery won't be enough and they need to swap batteries mid-day), for me personally, I use my phone a lot, but I find even my Q10 can last a whole day on one charge. So as long as the Classic can match it, I won't mind. Even if the battery stops holding charge, I know how to open up phones to change even integrated batteries like in the iphone...

09-05-14 09:22 PM
    Judging from the new pictures of the Classic I think it's safe to assume that it WONT have a removable battery.
    Pretty disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans and hlg8888 like this.
    09-07-14 10:37 AM
    Judging from the new pictures of the Classic I think it's safe to assume that it WONT have a removable battery.
    Pretty disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly I think you might be right which would be an awfully huge mistake for them to make and the phone wouldn't even deserve the name classic at least not in my mind. If that's the case it would mean hello note 4 for me.

But I refuse to believe blackberry would be that dumb non removable battery is one if not the most annoying feature alongside no expandable micro SD slots a phone can have.
    vpblaze, Mack Gans and dmlis like this.
    09-08-14 03:25 AM
    On non removable models like Q5 or Z30 can the battery be changed at the dealer or by a knowledgeable person? And is it best to drain completely and then recharge or charge every evening? (some nights I am down to 35% charge others closer to 50% so a charge may not always be necessary). Just starting out with a Q5 but want to maximize the use and length of service of the device. Thanks for your advice.
    09-22-14 07:18 PM
    If you have just started with Q5, don't think about battery change. I've got mine for a year now and battery lasts for at least two days: calls, messages, a bit of surfing... I wait till it drops somewhere between 15 and 10 % then I plug it. Seems to work just fine(:

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:40 PM
    On non removable models like Q5 or Z30 can the battery be changed at the dealer or by a knowledgeable person? And is it best to drain completely and then recharge or charge every evening? (some nights I am down to 35% charge others closer to 50% so a charge may not always be necessary). Just starting out with a Q5 but want to maximize the use and length of service of the device. Thanks for your advice.
    Anything can be changed by a knowledgeable person. It's just not user replaceable. Same with iphone batteries, I have the tools to open them up to replace the battery if need be. In terms of needing to discharge a battery, there really is no need to do that with these new Li-Ion batteries.

09-22-14 07:52 PM
    There must be reason whether they decide to put removable or not. Choosing any of it doesn't make them dumb. Sometimes it's the user. Because a smartphone is only as smart as its user can be.

It doesn't need to have a removable battery for it to deserve the name 'Classic'. They call it Classic because they are trying to give the same experience of the legacy device to the future users of the Classic.
    09-22-14 07:53 PM
    BB's choice will certainly cost a few customers. Maybe added capacity and lower price might gain more than lost?? Moot point, it is what it is. Maybe some slight hope from aftermarket??
    09-22-14 08:25 PM
89 ... 234