View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for the classic Removable battery or non-removable battery

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

56 72.73%
  • I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works)

20 25.97%
  • I don't know what on earth Blackberry are doing....

4 5.19%
  • Bring back the 'BOLD'

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I have 2x spare batteries for my bold. If I'm in a really remote area and need to tether my pc, then that eats battery. Sure a newer BB can last a day, and so can my bold but that's not the point. The fact is, on 2 - 3 days a month, I run out of battery - usually just before a v. important call as I am dashing through an airport. The ability to swap it for a fresh one is a life-saver. And then when the battery gets old, I can swap for a new one for a few $'s - unlike an Iphone where it is loadsa $$$'s. I might get a new classic even with no removable back, but for insurance just picked up a new 9900 to keep me in keyboards for 3 more years if the Classic turns out to be a lemon.
    CeoMoMM and hlg8888 like this.
    12-12-14 03:19 PM
    So the Galaxy have a removable battery, and the super battery saver mode that makes the screen black and white and actually turns off the black pixels (which it can do because it's an AMOLED display and not a back-lit LCD). To me, that's TWO advantages in battery life alone.

Goodbye Blackberry when my Q10 is done. Do not want a heavyweight phone with an integral battery. The spare battery and its little charging device are constantly in use and hopefully will keep my Q10 running for a few more years.
    hlg8888 and CeoMoMM like this.
    12-19-14 12:27 PM
    I prefer a removable battery because let's face it, there are some issues that just won't correct themselves without a good old fashioned battery pull. I hate not having that option available. I've had to do a battery pull a few times a month on every BlackBerry I have ever owned. Especially the ones that get some age on them. New devices are always fine the first six months to a year but after that they get attitude & sometimes need a good yank.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:34 PM
    I prefer a removable battery because let's face it, there are some issues that just won't correct themselves without a good old fashioned battery pull. I hate not having that option available. I've had to do a battery pull a few times a month on every BlackBerry I have ever owned. Especially the ones that get some age on them. New devices are always fine the first six months to a year but after that they get attitude & sometimes need a good yank.

Posted via CB10
    10 never needs battery pull like all prior OS versions. But, not having the option seems strange when it was great to have an extra in your pocket for long days... Are they trying to be more iPhone like?
    CeoMoMM likes this.
    12-20-14 01:16 PM
    My Playbook battery was not removable and neither is my current Android tablet.
    It's not a problem.
    12-20-14 03:42 PM
    Hi. I find this thread appropriate to ask this question:

Which is better, Q10 + Battery bundle or just go straight to Classic? Thank you.

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand
    01-09-15 09:29 PM
    i was all about the removable battery but now I don't find it a big deal. Not sure about the classic but my passport has crazy long battery life and I purchased an external battery to bring along with me if Im going to have a long day.
    01-09-15 10:20 PM
    i was all about the removable battery but now I don't find it a big deal. Not sure about the classic but my passport has crazy long battery life and I purchased an external battery to bring along with me if Im going to have a long day.
    Then if the battery fails - good luck!

With a Q10... simple pop open the back and replace....

with the classic? oh sweet jesus lol
    hlg8888, Q10Bold, CeoMoMM and 1 others like this.
    01-10-15 06:34 AM
    The problem with a non removable battery is that some of these batteries fail after the first year thus replacing a battery would be a better option then replacing a phone.

I have the z10. I know the battery isn't the best compared to the Z30 or Passport but after a year of use, the battery would get hot and make the phone freeze. I bought a new battery and the problem was solved. I have the Z10 battery charger. The one that you can carry with you and has a spare battery inside. When I go on longer business trips I carry this with me. The old battery is in it. When my main battery fails this works well as a backup but makes my phone do strange things when it's 1/2 drained

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 06:50 PM
    Removeable battery is a deal-breaker for me. Also, I heard Android apps run dog slow at times. If this is true then BB should have spent a little extra and used this CPU instead:
    http://www.qualcomm.com/products/sna...processors/400
    01-18-15 07:04 PM
    Not only do I think the next Classic needs a removeable battery, but all future BB handsets need to have them. It is said that Phones with non-removeable batteries only last abot 2 years. If this is true, then maybe BB is doing this to force customers to upgrade in the next 2 years (I doubt Chen would do this). Imagine if the Bolds Curves did not have removeable bateries???
    CeoMoMM likes this.
    01-30-15 05:42 PM
    I have a Z30 and it does not bother me at all. Even with my Z10 I never used my spare (although I did take it with me on business trips just in case) Almost 2 full days with heavy use and 250-300 work emails coming in per day on my Z30 (which I am completely enamored with.) With a 2550 in the Classic I would not think battery life would be an issue. BTW I am strongly considering a Classic to switch between for fun and the PKB. Do people have issue with tablets that have non-removable batteries? Usually when battery is long lasting this becomes less an issue.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    01-30-15 06:29 PM
    I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been seen as a major faux pas by people here. So many people we have gone on and on about how Apple doesn't have a removable battery. No that BlackBerry are going the same route those people seem to have gotten over it pretty quickly and quietly.

I guess I should be surprised. Thee has been a huge double standard on CB since it's inception. It's only become worse now that most of the people that are left are the diehard fanaticals.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-30-15 06:48 PM
    I think things change and that can be OK. (look at what the newer dimensions of the iPhone have done for Apple- had they not changed their sales would have plummeted) I have been a BlackBerry user since my BlackBerry 8520 and really would not consider another OS for my needs. A removable battery is not a deal breaker for me as long as it is long lasting.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    01-30-15 08:49 PM
    Also note that a removable battery will be smaller in internal size and capacity due to space taken up for extra packaging, connectors and battery bay etc.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    01-30-15 09:05 PM
    Battery pulls/swaps are really convenient but there are also so many quality battery packs on the market that it makes those battery pulls and subsequent reboots a thing of the past. I know a lot of people that bring battery packs everywhere just in case they need a recharge but with those you don't have to deal with the delay in notifications that go along with a BBOS or Q10 straight battery pull....

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:46 PM
    Every battery goes in its knees after 1-2 years of use in a smartphone. Other than that a business phone has to have a removeable battery. And Dual SIM but that's a different story.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-31-15 03:56 AM
    I'm a Classic owner, and the non-removable battery obviously wasn't a deal breaker for me, as then I wouldn't be typing this message on it. However, I definitely think that it should have been designed with a removable battery, just like the Q10, Bold, etc.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2072)
    CeoMoMM likes this.
    01-31-15 09:53 AM
    Personally, who cares. It's a phone, a mini computer. Use it as such.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    01-31-15 10:02 AM
    The "more room" rational is really very minor with modern connector sizes etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 12:15 PM
    Plus, if you really drill down to it. If you follow the Apple route with a non-removable battery, all you create is an Apple clone. And if you are trying to copy by definition you are trying not to differentiate yourself. Just look at Sony and HTC, their phones get good reviews but don't sell. Why? Because if you go for a full touchscreen device with a non-removable battery. Guess what, Apple sells one at the same price.

Posted via CB10
    CeoMoMM and idssteve like this.
    02-01-15 06:00 AM
    I was just ready to switch, however I do not appreciate the non-removable battery.
    Well, looks like I will be keeping my bb curve altho I'm ready for the larger screen!

Come on bb make larger screen, removable battery, and keep the back key,etc...,it's always something they take away.....why??????
    04-05-15 04:33 AM
    Doesn't bother me... BlackBerry 10 OS is much more stable and fluid therefore needing less restarts than BlackBerry 7.1 so I don't think you will have any issues. Overall my classic is the best BlackBerry 10 device to date and I've owned them all!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 05:33 AM
    Removable or non removable battery phones is just not important issue to be addressed. Even iphone doesn't allow you to remove battery but people still all over them

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:32 AM
    Removable battery is a must! I don't care how long the non-removable batteries claim to last. There is always an instance where an app drains your battery for one reason or another. It is disappointing that they are moving in this direction.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    04-05-15 12:50 PM
197 ... 5678