View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for the classic Removable battery or non-removable battery

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

56 72.73%
  • I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works)

20 25.97%
  • I don't know what on earth Blackberry are doing....

4 5.19%
  • Bring back the 'BOLD'

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Ok, great. So the battery is removable and not soldered onto the device or anything?
    If it's built like the Z30 it's not soldered.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:46 PM
    Same here one of the reason I never got an iphone. Was the the fact that there is no removable battery if the classic has no removable battery there goes the the reason to change
    Built in battery of the Z30 is replaceable unlike the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:46 PM
    i though all built in batteries, including iphone, can be replaced by sending it to an official shop?
    12-06-14 08:11 PM
    i though all built in batteries, including iphone, can be replaced by sending it to an official shop?
    Yeah but you'll pay a ridiculous amount. BlackBerry 10 devices seem to be easily user replaceable.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:26 PM
    That's just not true.... Z30 batteries can be replaced easily I'm sure even the Passport can be replaced
    How? And can it be done while you wait? Or do you need to ship it out somewhere and for how long? Seems ridiculous.
    12-06-14 09:44 PM
    How? And can it be done while you wait? Or do you need to ship it out somewhere and for how long? Seems ridiculous.
    example.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:26 PM
    example.
    LOL. They expect consumers to do this?
    12-06-14 10:33 PM
    No.... but it's easily doable if a consumer wants to. Local repair shop could also easily do it. No need to ship it away for 2 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:38 PM
    Ok, great. So the battery is removable and not soldered onto the device or anything?
    Of course, there's no reason for that to be the case, it'll make it harder to assemble if that's the case, since the battery is one of the last things installed into the phone, it wouldn't be soldered since soldering is usually a step reserved for while the board is out of the phone case, by the time the battery is installed, the board would already be installed into the case. It'll most likely have a small ribbon and connector. So as long as you have the tools to open up the phone (sometimes the parts you buy will come with the tools), you'll be able to change the battery fairly easily...
    12-06-14 11:51 PM
    I guess not the "typical" average consumer, but I know how to open up phones, and seriously, if you follow the steps on these videos, a trained monkey can do it...
    12-06-14 11:53 PM
    I guess not the "typical" average consumer, but I know how to open up phones, and seriously, if you follow the steps on these videos, a trained monkey can do it...
    The difficulty is similar to putting Ikea furniture together.. which isn't really hard lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 12:36 AM
    If the Sim-MicroSD ports are not in the back cover then there you have it, the battery is non-removable
    12-07-14 12:59 AM
    removable or non removable battery doesn't matter for me

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:59 AM
    Of course removable batteries are better.

1) I don't want to send my Phone to a shop or to Blackberry for changing the battery at a high price. And I certainly don't won't to give my phone to strangers. There is my entire life in it.

2) If a battery is geeting measly and bad, you can buy and swap it for a new one. You can expand the life of your phone. Since with a non-removable you can't do anything, and see how bad the performance is.

3) You are independent. Always carry 1 or 2 batteries with you for long trips or business.I have no problem to charge them at night. BUt what if your phone with the non-removable battery has 2% in the day light? In an airport or on the go? A horror scenario. And I am talking about situations where you never know. Of course, <ou charge your phone at night. But maybe you are a heavy user and must do lots of stuff in the morning. I feel better with a spare battery.

On the other hand I had a Z30 and I never had such problems because the battery lasted very very long! So I could put a time schedule when to charge. So I can imagine with a Passport it is not a problem. Same with the Classic.

So all in all; I would say removable batteries are always an advantage. Sure, why not? But with devices like the Z30 and the Passport you always have a strong battery partner with sick power that lasts you for 2 days.

PS: I wonder, businesswise, why the big brands are changing now to non-removable batteries. It worked for Apple obvisously. And now our good ol' BB is heading also into it.
    12-07-14 06:01 AM
    My thought was over time and usage, just like the Z30/Passport/Q series devices ... if you start to have battery weakness, then you'll have to take your device in for a battery renewal, and at what cost??? I would like to see a removable battery in all devices,if your like myself I keep all my BBS in tip top shape so they last..it would be nice to have spare batteries.

Via My amazing BBPassport
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-07-14 07:09 AM
    I'm thinking that my spare Q10 battery with charging case (sold here @ Crackberry) can be used to charge the Classic in airports, etc.
    12-07-14 04:01 PM
    I hope it's not removable. No battery door issues like every other BB I have had. More solid device.
    12-07-14 05:22 PM
    As long as it has a better battery life than the z10 than its fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:30 AM
    I hope it's not removable. No battery door issues like every other BB I have had. More solid device.
    Slightly lame. "Battery door issues". I love it when users invent problems.

Which battery door issues? BlackBerry devices are quality devices. I have never heard of such. You must have Plastic devices from Samsung or some cheap Chinese manufacturer.

You can't come up with any advantage over a removable battery BlackBerry. Not once, sir. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-08-14 04:00 AM

Which battery door issues? BlackBerry devices are quality devices. I have never heard of such. You must have Plastic devices from Samsung or some cheap Chinese manufacturer.

You can't come up with any advantage over a removable battery BlackBerry. Not once, sir. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, there have been complaints of "loose battery" that loses contact and reboots the device when bumped. Mostly Q10, AFAIK. Never had the issue myself but i've used "ridox" contact lube on such connections for decades so... There are many millions of devices of ALL descriptions with problem free swappable batteries. It CAN be done. The most common mitigation for the loose battery seems to be a piece of business card to add pre-load to better secure the battery. Altering the entire configuration design of the device is an extreme response, IMO. Should have been much easier to sit a junior engineer to a CAD station and add 0.010" thickness to the battery door, IMO. Biggest expense would have been new dies. IMO. Certainly a silly excuse for the fixed battery handicap but that's where we're at. Classic will be what it will be, at this point.
    12-08-14 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a real issue... the Q10s battery slips off the contacts and creates a hardware reboot.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:20 PM
    It's a real issue... the Q10s battery slips off the contacts and creates a hardware reboot.

Posted via CB10
    Mine did that as well. A folded piece of paper fixed it though. But looks kind of ghetto when you take the battery door off, lol.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-08-14 03:25 PM
    ... Altering the entire configuration design of the device is an extreme response, IMO. Should have been much easier to sit a junior engineer to a CAD station and add 0.010" thickness to the battery door, IMO. Biggest expense would have been new dies. IMO. Certainly a silly excuse for the fixed battery handicap but that's where we're at. Classic will be what it will be, at this point.
    Or (edit: BlackBerry) can add a thin foam padding directly to the battery door like the 9650 (at least that is what I assume it is there for).
    Last edited by flyingsolid; 12-08-14 at 05:40 PM. Reason: for clarity
    idssteve likes this.
    12-08-14 04:12 PM
    Or you can add a thin foam padding directly to the battery door like the 9650 (at least that is what I assume it is there for).
    Simple solution. Even retrofit-able...
    12-08-14 04:55 PM
    If the battery on these devices need to be switched for a new battery!? Is there a system in place to do this service?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:13 PM
197 ... 45678