View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for the classic Removable battery or non-removable battery

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

56 72.73%
  • I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works)

20 25.97%
  • I don't know what on earth Blackberry are doing....

4 5.19%
  • Bring back the 'BOLD'

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    a removable battery decreases the cost of ownership becase the phone lasts longer coz if the battery is not removable means the phones goes dead when the battery goes dead
    dmlis and TgeekB like this.
    11-09-14 01:25 AM
    Sorry but the battery can be changed with a little work if you can not I am sure a repair shop can for a minimal fee .
    a removable battery decreases the cost of ownership becase the phone lasts longer coz if the battery is not removable means the phones goes dead when the battery goes dead
    11-09-14 07:24 AM
    Sorry but the battery can be changed with a little work if you can not I am sure a repair shop can for a minimal fee .
    They sell repair kits.
    11-09-14 10:50 AM
    I'm not sure why the tech that the palm pre used to charge with the touch stone is not utilized for all devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:21 AM
    Killer for me. A so-called "Classic" should, nay, must have a removable battery. It's either a throw back to the classic BlackBerry device or it's not. Another half-assed, corner cutting, device. Do it right or don't bother. I've had second batteries for nearly all of my legacy devices and have a second for my Q10. Do I rely on the second one every day? No, but when I need it, it's there. Busy day on-the-run? Pop in your other battery. I ride a motorcycle as much as possible so a second battery is great to take with. Often enough in my job, I have little access to a plug-in so a second battery is great.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 and dmlis like this.
    11-10-14 01:07 AM
    What tech?
    The Palm Pre had an accessory called a touchstone. It was a magnetic charging stand. The pre would latch on, charge, and you had the option to display specific information during charge. It really seemed nice.

Google it! Palm pre touchstone.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    11-10-14 08:08 AM
    Oh, sortof like a customized "bedside mode" in blackberry. Interesting.
    Plus it was all wireless so you could just grab it and go.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:33 PM
    Killer for me. A so-called "Classic" should, nay, must have a removable battery. It's either a throw back to the classic BlackBerry device or it's not. Another half-assed, corner cutting, device. Do it right or don't bother. I've had second batteries for nearly all of my legacy devices and have a second for my Q10. Do I rely on the second one every day? No, but when I need it, it's there. Busy day on-the-run? Pop in your other battery. I ride a motorcycle as much as possible so a second battery is great to take with. Often enough in my job, I have little access to a plug-in so a second battery is great.

Posted via CB10
    Same here on the second battery. I'm not always near power so the second battery is huge when you need it.
    phylez likes this.
    11-10-14 08:04 PM
    Can't help but mentioning this on this board but while I was on a business trip travelling from Brussels to Luxembourg by train, a girl stepped on and looked at me as if I had a terrible disease. Then I figured it out, she had wanted to take my seat because that had an electricity socket so she could charge her sorry i-phone so she could do her make-up using the client-facing camera. So happy I had my two spare batteries with me and was never out of power during the whole trip.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:01 PM
    Someone from Crackberry.com, maybe Kevin?, needs to reach out to John Chen and let him know that a large capacity and removable battery is a must for the Classic.
    phylez and anon(9184750) like this.
    11-12-14 01:46 PM
    Too Late!!
    Someone from Crackberry.com, maybe Kevin?, needs to reach out to John Chen and let him know that a large capacity and removable battery is a must for the Classic.
    11-13-14 07:58 AM
    I have always enjoyed multiple batteries for my BBS, but, if I'm honest, the current crop of USB power packs are inexpensive, more versatile and store more power than an extra battery.

The question is quickly the storage capacity of the new batteries deteriorates. If it can't work for 8-10 hours of heavy use without a charge after three years, it's not a professional device, period.

Whether that's done with a replaceable battery or not, I don't care.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:01 AM
    It's a nice touch but not a deal breaker.
    Never have I had a device whether blackberry or apple have significant better issues so I've never had the need to mess around with it

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-15-14 01:44 PM
    I have always enjoyed multiple batteries for my BBS, but, if I'm honest, the current crop of USB power packs are inexpensive, more versatile and store more power than an extra battery.

The question is quickly the storage capacity of the new batteries deteriorates. If it can't work for 8-10 hours of heavy use without a charge after three years, it's not a professional device, period.

Whether that's done with a replaceable battery or not, I don't care.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, but wouldn't you agree that once you start charging a battery with a powerpack that will lead to a more rapid degradation of the battery, which will ultimately will lead to an early need to replace your non-removable battery, which means you'll have to send it off for repair if at all possible. Sorry, for me it is a dealbreaker. If I could live with a non-removable battery I might as well get the I-phone 6.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:05 AM
    So come on guys/girls.... lets hear it! does it really PI** YOU OFF Anger you? bother you? and so on... if the rumor is true and the beautiful little business BlackBerry Classic has a None-Removable battery?

� Would you still get it?
    � No chance at all?
    � Is it really important to have a 'Removable Battery'
    � Will you Stick with Q10/Passport?

For me... if this is true i am extremely bothered by this 'BOLD' move.... the term classic... was to get people off the BOLD and look into the new OS 10.3 with the classic in terms of design/look this phone REALLY SHOULD have a Removable Batt..... god knows what Chen was thinking....

It just isn't right.... the lack of a removable battery scares me (long term) no freedom/control at all.
    I strongly prefer a removable battery. I like to have a spare battery and just switch out rather than find an outlet. I have done this on camping/hiking/kayaking trips as well as just on long days.

I'll still get a Classic though. I'm currently using an iPhone and so I am used to the non removable. But I don't like it.
    11-16-14 03:41 PM
    Removable battery will be better.. But consider the processor of Classic is not very power consuming i can expect a fine battery life
    11-17-14 05:32 AM
    Sorry to say it will be a deal killer for me. Which is a shame because as much as I like my Q10 I was really looking forward to the Classic. Not so much for the buttons but the bigger screen. Oh well, maybe the next version will be for me.
    12-06-14 04:45 PM
    My main issue is battery cycle degradation over time. No way to swap out batteries, so the entire device's lifetime will be determined by battery life (unless using wall charger 100% at some point).
    12-06-14 05:02 PM
    My main issue is battery cycle degradation over time. No way to swap out batteries, so the entire device's lifetime will be determined by battery life (unless using wall charger 100% at some point).
    That's just not true.... Z30 batteries can be replaced easily I'm sure even the Passport can be replaced

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 05:24 PM
    Friend of mine says he's sticking with Q10, because classic has the lame *** battery issue CANNOT REMOVE IT...

Hopefully the classic 2 or whatever blackberry shows us... has a removable battery.
    12-06-14 05:28 PM
    Friend of mine says he's sticking with Q10, because classic has the lame *** battery issue CANNOT REMOVE IT...

Hopefully the classic 2 or whatever blackberry shows us... has a removable battery.
    That lame *** battery will probably last the entire day

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    12-06-14 05:46 PM

It's clear to me that BlackBerry saw the issues they've had with the Q10 battery sliding off the contacts was enough to lead them in this direction. They did the same for Z30, Z3 and Passport all of which have no battery issues. Even Q5

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 05:52 PM
    No way??? I can change just about anything in almost any phone...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-06-14 05:52 PM
    Ok, great. So the battery is removable and not soldered onto the device or anything?
    12-06-14 06:27 PM
    Same here one of the reason I never got an iphone. Was the the fact that there is no removable battery if the classic has no removable battery there goes the the reason to change
    12-06-14 07:23 PM
197 ... 34567 ...