View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for the classic Removable battery or non-removable battery

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

56 72.73%
  • I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works)

20 25.97%
  • I don't know what on earth Blackberry are doing....

4 5.19%
  • Bring back the 'BOLD'

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    What's up with all those battery threads?
    It's around 2500mAh with only 720p X 720p screen. It's not 1080p screen.
    I can ensure you that It will last a full day with heavy usage.
    I don't understand why so many complians, just wait until you see the product.
    There have been several times when my Q10 (2100 mAh) has died on me when I need it to be ready for action. My Q10 running out of battery is infrequent but usual, so the removable battery and battery bundle has become a point of reliance for me. Being away from an outlet with a spare battery reduces the concern over the battery percentage. This is the reason why I would strongly support removable batteries even before seeing the Classic hands-on.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-18-14 11:53 PM
    For me, I used to own a 8520 and I always pulled the battery because the phone froze or something to that effect.

But with my Q5, I have never had freezing or anything like that. And I've never felt the urge to "pull the battery' so for me. If I'm able to get a bigger battery inside the phone and make it Non-removable then ill do that.

Having the ability to pull the battery and replace it with a fully charged one is great but ultimately a "luxury" and also means a smaller battery.

EG Q10 - 2100 vs Q5 - 2180.

So it's not a very big amount but I rather have as much juice as possible

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-19-14 05:01 AM
    Removable battery adds a point of vulnerability to the device. :3

There are dis/advantages to this. Whatever they come up with, as long as it lasts long enough for a regular day, I'll be fine with it.

If they're going non removable, I hope they make the device lasts for at least 2yrs. :3
    09-22-14 08:15 PM
    Removable battery adds a point of vulnerability to the device. :3

There are dis/advantages to this. Whatever they come up with, as long as it lasts long enough for a regular day, I'll be fine with it.

If they're going non removable, I hope they make the device lasts for at least 2yrs. :3
    Any phone with a 'NONE REMOVABLE' batt.. is at great risk.

Over time it will degrade... a phone should last a hell of a lot longer then 2 years (if its a blackberry) lol but like i said what if there was serious problems? i cannot simply change the battery without the much needed hassle of unscrewing it? or send it back..

come on blackberry.
    Legal Eagle and hlg8888 like this.
    09-22-14 08:24 PM
    Fixed battery = showstopper !
    hlg8888 and Mack Gans like this.
    09-23-14 08:35 AM
    Fixed battery = showstopper !
    Hopefully it will be a 3000+mah battery then. lol
    09-23-14 08:08 PM
    If it's not removable, I might hold on to my 9900 for another year or two in hopes that they'll make a true classic with a removable battery. I like the convenience of carrying a spare battery and don't want to worry about the phone dying in 2 years because the battery degrades. I don't really care if it makes the device thicker. I almost think even the 9900 is too thin.
    09-24-14 02:12 PM
    I wanted to get the Classic, but now I know it has a fixed battery I am sticking with my Q10. There is no other option, I can't be stuck with a dead battery.
    10-06-14 05:25 AM
    I'm a hiker, so the occasions when I'm away from charging capability the longest are also the occasions when I'm putting the most drain on the battery (with maps, camera, etc). It's hard to imagine even the best battery on the market putting up with 3+ days of such use with no charging. So a removable battery that doesn't last quite as long in the day-to-day (when I'm rarely far from an outlet) is a small tradeoff for pretty much infinite battery life when I need it, limited only by the amount of spares I'm willing to carry.

Not necessarily a dealbreaker for the Classic (I might end up just switching back to my Bold and battery collection at those times), but it would be nice.
    10-06-14 06:16 PM
    I personally don't have a problem with the fixed battery in my z30. It almost always lasts me til after midnight unless I decide to play a game. Games are rough on a battery. I don't spend all day talking either. That might work on it too. Have spent a couple hours on a call a few times and it really didn't take it down much.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:19 PM
    I wanted to get the Classic, but now I know it has a fixed battery I am sticking with my Q10. There is no other option, I can't be stuck with a dead battery.
    I was on the removable battery camp as well, but now the rumors say the battery in the Classic can be as big as 3250mah, which if true can make the device have the incredible battery life of the old Bold 9000 days.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-06-14 07:34 PM
    I'm a hiker, so the occasions when I'm away from charging capability the longest are also the occasions when I'm putting the most drain on the battery (with maps, camera, etc). It's hard to imagine even the best battery on the market putting up with 3+ days of such use with no charging. So a removable battery that doesn't last quite as long in the day-to-day (when I'm rarely far from an outlet) is a small tradeoff for pretty much infinite battery life when I need it, limited only by the amount of spares I'm willing to carry.

Not necessarily a dealbreaker for the Classic (I might end up just switching back to my Bold and battery collection at those times), but it would be nice.
    The rumors say it can be as big as 3150mah. Which won't last 3 days but will get you through an entire day of heavy use. And instead of carrying spare batteries, carry a portable charger. I've seen some that uses removable batteries, like that Q10 battery charger bundle, get one of those, carry 2 or 3 spare Q10 batteries, that could potentially help you more than a Q10 with spare batteries. :-)

Edit: Accidentally put 3250 at first instead of 3150...

Last edited by slagman5; 10-07-14 at 12:27 AM.
    10-06-14 07:36 PM
    As long as I can open it up and replace it when it goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:06 PM
    I said this elsewhere...the DTBlackBerry thread had comments to the effect of indicating a battery as large as 3150mAh.
    Source: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mation-958949/

To put 3250mah in perspective, the Galaxy S5 has a 2,800 mAh battery, the iPhone 6 Plus a 2,915 mAh battery and the iPhone 6 a 1,810 mAh battery, according to iFixIt (source: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Battery Life: How Long They Last)
    Oh oops, you're right, it does say 3150, not 3250, my mistake...
    10-07-14 12:27 AM
    I would prefer a removable battery but it probably will come with none removable as BB stated and yes I will be buying the Classic I never have had a none removable so we will see, seems to work fine on Z30 and yes they do have car chargers also .
    10-07-14 05:51 AM
    Think about it.

1. Removable battery = Freedom of choice movement The ability to change the battery to a better more powerful one (isn't that a bonus for some peeps that are on the other blackberries)
    2. Non-removable battery = Fixed state .... trapped no choice at all... and we cannot simply change it or upgrade it to a more powerful one in the future

common sense seriously went out the door when chen and his team decided on the Non-removable option... (they're reason? because it makes it thinner or save a bit of the dollar..) - but i couldn't care less if these phones are super thin... as one member stated, are they trying to make them thin to they go under doors? (forgot which member said that but it's hilarious none the less)

As much as i'm looking forward to the classic, i would rather get a Q10 and wait for a true classic sequel
    Q10Bold and hlg8888 like this.
    10-07-14 06:47 AM
    One whole day? My old "dumb phones" went 7+ days and i STILL carried, and used, spare batts.
    10-07-14 06:49 AM
    Think about it.

1. Removable battery = Freedom of choice movement The ability to change the battery to a better more powerful one (isn't that a bonus for some peeps that are on the other blackberries)
    2. Non-removable battery = Fixed state .... trapped no choice at all... and we cannot simply change it or upgrade it to a more powerful one in the future

common sense seriously went out the door when chen and his team decided on the Non-removable option... (they're reason? because it makes it thinner or save a bit of the dollar..) - but i couldn't care less if these phones are super thin... as one member stated, are they trying to make them thin to they go under doors? (forgot which member said that but it's hilarious none the less)

As much as i'm looking forward to the classic, i would rather get a Q10 and wait for a true classic sequel
    That sounds like a great plan. You wait somewhere else, and will contact you when that "sequel" arrives that you desire so much.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
    10-07-14 09:00 AM
    That sounds like a great plan. You wait somewhere else, and will contact you when that "sequel" arrives that you desire so much.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

They're already talking about a Classic 2, and the classic has not even been released yet. (wait won't be long as my Q10 makes me happy)

So you think a Non-removable battery is good then? (wake up green!) WAKE UP NAOW!!!! lmao
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-07-14 09:23 AM
    One whole day? My old "dumb phones" went 7+ days and i STILL carried, and used, spare batts.
    You're mish-mashing. I only mention one whole day under heavy use because any existing (modern) phone and likely any phone existing when the Classic comes out that will have a removable battery will not last a whole day under heavy use. So you'll likely be carrying a lot more spare batteries to get the same amount of time out of any phone with a removable battery versus the Classic with it's rather large internal battery which you can charge using something like the BB battery charger bundle that uses removable batteries as the power source.

For example, instead of a Q10 and 3 spare batteries to go 2 whole days (hypothetical), if you had the Classic, the battery charger bundle (which will have one battery inside, not much bigger than just the battery itself) and 2 additional spare batteries, you can use that to charge the Classic on the go and you can probably go for 3 days. So basically you carry around the same amount of spare batteries, except now you're using them for the charger and not for the phone itself, and you might get slightly better results. However I do recognize using a portable charger is less convenient than swapping batteries, but me personally, I'm never that far away from a possible charging source that I'll need my phone to go for multiple days without charging. Right now I've gone a day and a half with the Q10, the Classic will likely last 2 days with its larger battery, so that's plenty good enough for me. When I've forgotten to charge my Q10 overnight, I would just use the car charger while I am driving around...

10-07-14 09:46 AM
    It's not a deal breaker but would be nice so I can easily switch in a fully charged battery in 20 seconds versus leaving it on the charger for an hour or two. Or if I decide to buy an extended battery.
    10-07-14 10:37 AM
    Sorry Slagman, but it's a known fact that after year 1 your non-removable and my removable battery will have degraded to 70% of the initial capacity. Thus if you're able to make it through the day now on one full charge that won't be the case after year 1, meaning you will have to carry your powerpack to charge your battery, which will degrade faster because it won't be getting a full charge. I will just buy a new set of batteries and be alright.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:16 PM
    Sorry Slagman, but it's a known fact that after year 1 your non-removable and my removable battery will have degraded to 70% of the initial capacity. Thus if you're able to make it through the day now on one full charge that won't be the case after year 1, meaning you will have to carry your powerpack to charge your battery, which will degrade faster because it won't be getting a full charge. I will just buy a new set of batteries and be alright.

Posted via CB10
    I'm past year 1 with my Q10 on the battery it came with... I guess my device is special...

10-07-14 04:56 PM
    You're mish-mashing. I only mention one whole day under heavy use because any existing (modern) phone and likely any phone existing when the Classic comes out that will have a removable battery will not last a whole day under heavy use. So you'll likely be carrying a lot more spare batteries to get the same amount of time out of any phone with a removable battery versus the Classic with it's rather large internal battery which you can charge using something like the BB battery charger bundle that uses removable batteries as the power source.

For example, instead of a Q10 and 3 spare batteries to go 2 whole days (hypothetical), if you had the Classic, the battery charger bundle (which will have one battery inside, not much bigger than just the battery itself) and 2 additional spare batteries, you can use that to charge the Classic on the go and you can probably go for 3 days. So basically you carry around the same amount of spare batteries, except now you're using them for the charger and not for the phone itself, and you might get slightly better results. However I do recognize using a portable charger is less convenient than swapping batteries, but me personally, I'm never that far away from a possible charging source that I'll need my phone to go for multiple days without charging. Right now I've gone a day and a half with the Q10, the Classic will likely last 2 days with its larger battery, so that's plenty good enough for me. When I've forgotten to charge my Q10 overnight, I would just use the car charger while I am driving around...

Sometimes i'm a little dense so i'm not sure what you mean be "mish mashing"? I agree, however, that virtually every smartphone currently available will be a single day proposition, give or take. Just a sign of the times and the what we've grown to accept. My 9900 provides a pretty solid 3 day endurance with it's aftermarket REMOVABLE battery, so i'm not sold that a removable battery can't be adequately sized. The 9900 is already too thin for my tastes and i like the added grip the extended battery provides so... tastes are tastes...

I've used the "battery to charge a battery" solution and keep a couple handy for charging while talking without interruption. The various ones i've used do well to provide half the actual number of hours of usage that a replacement batt can provide. Despite that the external battery is physically larger than the oem. Maybe i haven't used good ones, so... ?? No faster way to restore a device to 100% charge than batt swap. IMO.

The Q20 "Classic" will be what it will be, at this point, so it's really a mostly academic debate. At least it's bottom positioned usb port should make accommodating external charging appendages a little less disruptive. Our shop fabbed up some charging holsters for a vendor's iPhones that they're very pleased with. Something similar should be doable for this device. Also, we've dissected a Z30 and found it nearly impossible to retrofit a swappable batt, but two of my sharpest guys are convinced the Z30's battery is located where it is for antenna considerations. ??? Maybe the the fixed battery configuration might mean we might be maybe getting Paratek antenna?? Maybe??? Hopeful thinking.
    10-07-14 05:50 PM
    Sometimes i'm a little dense so i'm not sure what you mean be "mish mashing"? I agree, however, that virtually every smartphone currently available will be a single day proposition, give or take. Just a sign of the times and the what we've grown to accept. My 9900 provides a pretty solid 3 day endurance with it's aftermarket REMOVABLE battery, so i'm not sold that a removable battery can't be adequately sized. The 9900 is already too thin for my tastes and i like the added grip the extended battery provides so... tastes are tastes...

I've used the "battery to charge a battery" solution and keep a couple handy for charging while talking without interruption. The various ones i've used do well to provide half the actual number of hours of usage that a replacement batt can provide. Despite that the external battery is physically larger than the oem. Maybe i haven't used good ones, so... ?? No faster way to restore a device to 100% charge than batt swap. IMO.

The Q20 "Classic" will be what it will be, at this point, so it's really a mostly academic debate. At least it's bottom positioned usb port should make accommodating external charging appendages a little less disruptive. Our shop fabbed up some charging holsters for a vendor's iPhones that they're very pleased with. Something similar should be doable for this device. Also, we've dissected a Z30 and found it nearly impossible to retrofit a swappable batt, but two of my sharpest guys are convinced the Z30's battery is located where it is for antenna considerations. ??? Maybe the the fixed battery configuration might mean we might be maybe getting Paratek antenna?? Maybe??? Hopeful thinking.
    I don't know how you're getting that much time out of your 9900. I had the 9900 and the battery life was pretty bad. Not terrible, I can usually just squeeze out an entire day from it, but under heavy use it was much less. My Bold 9000 on the other hand, that thing lasted forever...

But just remember that newer phones use more power, so for a battery to last over a day would need to be quite large.

10-07-14 06:30 PM
197 1234 ...