View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for the classic Removable battery or non-removable battery

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

56 72.73%
  • I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works)

20 25.97%
  • I don't know what on earth Blackberry are doing....

4 5.19%
  • Bring back the 'BOLD'

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    So come on guys/girls.... lets hear it! does it really PI** YOU OFF Anger you? bother you? and so on... if the rumor is true and the beautiful little business BlackBerry Classic has a None-Removable battery?

• Would you still get it?
    • No chance at all?
    • Is it really important to have a 'Removable Battery'
    • Will you Stick with Q10/Passport?

For me... if this is true i am extremely bothered by this 'BOLD' move.... the term classic... was to get people off the BOLD and look into the new OS 10.3 with the classic in terms of design/look this phone REALLY SHOULD have a Removable Batt..... god knows what Chen was thinking....

It just isn't right.... the lack of a removable battery scares me (long term) no freedom/control at all.
    Flip Flip likes this.
    09-17-14 10:42 AM
    Removable battery remains desirable IMHO. But if the Classic comes without one that may not kill the deal. The device is still pretty attractive. Need now to hold one in my own hands.
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    09-17-14 10:49 AM
    True that.... there must of been some 'SERIOUS' discussion with chen and his factory workers right? about this....

This could KILL the phone in sales... it's meant to be a 'BUSINESS' phone for gods sake... and they are going the way of APPLE.... can't remove the battery? what the hell is that.#
    But i will still get one, (because it's blackberry) i'll just have to hold out/wait for Blackberry to Release a new bad boy in the future.

BRING BACK THE BOLD/CURVE/PEARL series any day please

come on chen, remember blackberries ROOTS!
    09-17-14 10:57 AM
    I reluctantly accept that my 3 year old 9900 needs replacing

If the battery had been removable on the Classic and fixed on the Passport then my decision as to which one to get would have been made for me, Classic would have won.

As it seems that both the Passport and the Classic will have fixed batteries with the Passport having a larger capacity I am leaning towards the Passport

Despite the Classic having the "Bold" form factor I love it might be time to move on and try something new.
    09-17-14 10:59 AM
    I wouldn't get the Classic regardless of the battery, but I have no problem with fixed batteries, as long as they're large enough. Classic looks to be 2500-2600mAH, which is good.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:02 AM
    I wouldn't get the Classic regardless of the battery, but I have no problem with fixed batteries, as long as they're large enough. Classic looks to be 2500-2600mAH, which is good.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to keep my phones for at least 3 years so the problem I have with fixed batteries is that I am not "tech savvy" enough to take my phone apart and replace a fixed battery myself, so when it starts to die I will be faced with a repair shop bill in addition to the cost of a new battery and the inconvenience of being without my phone for a while too !!!
    09-17-14 11:12 AM
    I would MUCH prefer a removable battery in the Classic. I've been a long-standing supporter of the swappable battery vs fixed battery, but I hope they at least go with a large capacity if non-removable. I don't so much care about the thinness of the phone, so long as it can EASILY get me through a work day with lots of juice to spare.
    09-17-14 11:29 AM
    So come on guys/girls.... lets hear it! does it really PI** YOU OFF Anger you? bother you? and so on... if the rumor is true and the beautiful little business BlackBerry Classic has a None-Removable battery?

• No chance at all?

For me... if this is true i am extremely bothered by this 'BOLD' move.... the term classic... was to get people off the BOLD and look into the new OS 10.3 with the classic in terms of design/look this phone REALLY SHOULD have a Removable Batt..... god knows what Chen was thinking....

It just isn't right.... the lack of a removable battery scares me (long term) no freedom/control at all.
    Dont be scared snowflake!! Everything will be ok.
    Last edited by Im Mo Green; 09-17-14 at 11:55 AM. Reason: .
    Accountress likes this.
    09-17-14 11:48 AM

• No chance at all?

I used to feel the same way, until I bought the Z30. It give you so much usage time you charge it when you want to not when you need to. As long as it has comparable battery life you will not be dissapointed. I put my 30 on my desktop wireless charger at lunch yesterday and this morning it was still at 72%, really can't beat it. I used my USB OTG cable last week to give my daughter a quick charge (iphone) on the way to work.
    09-17-14 12:12 PM
    fixed batt isnt a deal killer for me cuz i have never carried a spare batt. i would however like real stainless steel and a glass weave back.
    montberry and DiegoV_G like this.
    09-17-14 12:26 PM
    I would still buy it.

While I surely would prefer a removable battery, I don't think it is *that* important anymore today. I got myself a 9000mAH power pack from Anker which easily charges my Q10 three times, plus it has two output ports so I can not only charge any device I want, but actually two devices.

The only reason I would like to change the battery would be for maintenance reasons, usually performance drops after a year. Having a remove option would make it easy to replace the battery myself.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 12:46 PM
    the only power a consumer has is their spending power. A no-buy for a product with a removable battery is the only way I have to send a message that I don't like in built obsolescence on something as expensive as a phone. its a quiet message I admit, but that's no reason not to say it. I don't like products that service a manufacturers business priorities above a customers requirements, and for as long as choice remains, that is my choice.

Suffice it so say , I will not spend good money on the Classic or the Passport or any phone that does not have a removable battery. Sorry blackberry, looks like I will be waiting out a smarter move on your part if it ever comes....
    hlg8888 likes this.
    09-17-14 02:07 PM
    Fully agree, I love both new designs but my smartphone is a businesstool. That means: I don't want to carry a battery to charge another battery, that's insane. Secondly, I don't want to beg my client if I can charge my phone in his/her office every 2 hours. Now, if I run out of power the new battery is swapped in and i'll put the used one in my laptop bag instead of carrying a powerpack in my suit-pocket. Please!

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain and Mack Gans like this.
    09-17-14 02:21 PM
    I want removable. Was waiting for the classic until I heard that it is a non. Oh well, guess my Q10 will have to last until the next round of keyboard BlackBerry phones. If there are any!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-17-14 02:27 PM
    How many potential purchasers would refuse to buy the device if it DOES have swappable battery?

How many potential purchasers would refuse to buy the device if it does NOT have swappable battery?

We can debate the benefits of each configuration but those two questions seem pretty relevant to device sales, IMO. Asking around my organization, clients, vendors and even our fiercest competitor, NO single person i've personally talked with has indicated they would refuse to buy the Q20 if it had swappable battery. Easily half of that tiny sampling expressed that they might NOT buy the device because it does NOT provide swappable battery. Our competitor replied to the question with language inappropriate to these forums. (Just one of the reasons he no longer works for me... )

My tiny sampling (several dozen over the past month, or so) is pretty much entirely within my industry and may not be representative of BB's target market. FWIW.

I, personally, will still buy the device simply because it is the ONLY tool belt equipped BB10 device.
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-17-14 06:50 PM
    I want a removable battery but this discussion is way too late to have since it's already been decided, whether we've seen it or not.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-17-14 07:33 PM
    How many potential purchasers would refuse to buy the device if it DOES have swappable battery?

How many potential purchasers would refuse to buy the device if it does NOT have swappable battery?

We can debate the benefits of each configuration but those two questions seem pretty relevant to device sales, IMO. Asking around my organization, clients, vendors and even our fiercest competitor, NO single person i've personally talked with has indicated they would refuse to buy the Q20 if it had swappable battery. Easily half of that tiny sampling expressed that they might NOT buy the device because it does NOT provide swappable battery. Our competitor replied to the question with language inappropriate to these forums. (Just one of the reasons he no longer works for me... )

My tiny sampling (several dozen over the past month, or so) is pretty much entirely within my industry and may not be representative of BB's target market. FWIW.

I, personally, will still buy the device simply because it is the ONLY tool belt equipped BB10 device.
    I know we've debated this time and time again Steve, but the question is removable battery vs cost of production and ultimately cost to the customer. I do think adding 50 bucks to the cost of the device would significantly impact sales especially in enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 07:44 PM
    After seeing the video below with the Porsche phone having a removable battery, I really do think the classic should have a removable battery. I'm a still get it though no doubt.

09-17-14 08:00 PM
    First off this poll is bias from the get go lmao @ whoever created it WOW...

To those that never owned a blackberry with a non removable battery you guys need to understand that the Q-5 and Z-30 batteries are freaking awesome compared to the z-10 & q10. Plus no more stupid credit card tricks and random boot up's when placed on a hard surface quickly....
    09-17-14 09:18 PM
    First off this poll is bias from the get go lmao @ whoever created it WOW...

To those that never owned a blackberry with a non removable battery you guys need to understand that the Q-5 and Z-30 batteries are freaking awesome compared to the z-10 & q10. Plus no more stupid credit card tricks and random boot up's when placed on a hard surface quickly....
    Exactly. Non-removable battery gives the phone a unibody design that allows engineers to use the internal space more efficiently. Q20 will pack a 2500-3150 mah battery, that's probably even better than z30's battery life, and they can also keep the phone thinner at 8mm thick. And plus no more random boot up or lose back cover.
    nikesu likes this.
    09-17-14 11:51 PM
    What's up with all those battery threads?
    It's around 2500mAh with only 720p X 720p screen. It's not 1080p screen.
    I can ensure you that It will last a full day with heavy usage.
    I don't understand why so many complians, just wait until you see the product.
    09-18-14 01:07 AM
    I can't even see how this is debatable. I have a z30. it is long lasting but not immortal. I have run it down before I've got home on MANY occasions, and because of the design decision, there is no way you can slip in a fully charged spare. If it lasts a day on your usuage patterns, then fine. But there are many for whom it won't, and this design choice is limiting.

The decision to include an inbuilt obsolescence on the device is an Apple Iphone trend, and one that I think serves manufacturers not end users, and I refuse to indulge in sophistry to get behind them on it. This needs to stop on modern phones, and stop now. It is noticeable one of the most succesful Android phone manufacturers have removable batteries and removable storage on their most successful products (Samsung, Galaxy and Note series), something that seems to be becoming scarce these days to reduce manufacturers costs and improve their profits longer term.

To say it is a good choice because it compensates for manufacturing defects in the batteries is not really going to cut any ice with me. I'd prefer they improve their quality control, as I don't recall having to put business cards in battery compartments in any phone before I owned a Q10.
    09-18-14 03:26 AM
    As long as it gets me thru the day with charge left to spare I'll be fine. It will probably have a bigger battery than the z30, smaller screen, and new software to be more efficient with the battery. So in my opinion I think the battery will be fine and will last a long time and should not be a problem, in my opinion.
    09-18-14 01:27 PM
    Your poll doesn't allow for people to express positivity towards a non-removable battery.

I would like it non-removable because it can be bigger, the device will feel more solid, and I almost never take out my battery anyway. There are very few time that I am running out of battery that I am not near an outlet.
    09-18-14 01:41 PM
    Your poll doesn't allow for people to express positivity towards a non-removable battery.

I would like it non-removable because it can be bigger, the device will feel more solid, and I almost never take out my battery anyway. There are very few time that I am running out of battery that I am not near an outlet.
    Option 1BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

Option 2 I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works) (none removable option) ....

Poll is alright, the other options are just random.... but the two above are the important ones.

Seriously though, lack of a batt isn't good 'business sense' how come the Q10 have it? but a classic doesn't? i thought the term 'classic' means 'going back to your roots'.... kinda defeats the whole purpose/reason of a classic if you don't get a 'Removable' Batt.
    09-18-14 06:48 PM
197 123 ...