One of my most used apps, it was rock solid on the Q10 but now painfully slow to open and with a horribly non-intuitive layout in 10.3.1

Anyone else having this issue or could it be just my Classic?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 12:16 PM
    Whole phone is laggy in several areas depending on what you are doing.

Far as non-intuitive layout, dunno, its my first time with BB10. Wish it had more shortcuts and menu quick keys but that can be said about BB10 as a whole.
    01-21-15 02:45 PM
    What's different about the layout?
    01-21-15 06:13 PM
    It might not be very 'different' from earlier versions, but it's still confusing and lacking some basic features. Example: tasks are being shown in calendar, fine. But overdue tasks are not being moved forward to the current day. So if I'm not constantly looking back to previous days, and/or am lacking the discipline to daily move tasks forward manually, they will remain forgotten forever.

I would like to use it, as I'm a friend of standard apps vs 3rd party, but handling and issues like that still make me nervous, and I feel better using other tools as my daily drivers.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    01-21-15 06:53 PM
    But overdue tasks are not being moved forward to the current day. So if I'm not constantly looking back to previous days, and/or am lacking the discipline to daily move tasks forward manually, they will remain forgotten forever.
    Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is good feature that every Task app should have. I currently use Remember, and have to manually move the incomplete tasks to the next period. Not very efficient!
    andy957 and Denny_Crane like this.
    01-21-15 07:14 PM
    The app Checked has that feature. It's a nice to have but I prefer to go back myself, so i'm forced to make a decision about the overdue tasks.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:43 PM
    But overdue tasks are not being moved forward to the current day. So if I'm not constantly looking back to previous days, and/or am lacking the discipline to daily move tasks forward manually, they will remain forgotten forever.
    You're talking within the calendar? If so, I don't think I have ever seen it done like that within the calendar as if it was assigned a time and it passed, where would it be shown?

If you open Tasks and set the sort order to Due Date, the Overdue appears above Today, so it's easy to track there.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:22 PM
    It's a mess compared to 10.2. There are supposedly fixing the reminders and task, when the calendar integration in the next OS release.

Also, you can't transfer flagged emails out of the unfiled file into appropriate folder. How dumb. Is that.

They took a great app...My all time favorite app, and took it backwards. I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    03-23-15 10:42 PM
    Respectfully disagree. The app got much better in 10.3.1 and more closer to the GTD tool of choice. Export menu alone is worth it.
    Although I am miffed by inability to move flagged emails from unfilled, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:10 AM
    I used it just this week without any issues. I never had an issue because I got my task done not sure what all the fuss is about?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:24 AM
    For tasks that should be moved forward I use the app "my lists" and let it minimized all the time. Like this I see those tasks all day long and won't forget.
    The app itself has a nice layout and needs just a minimum of space and its battery consumption is almost 0!
    03-24-15 05:27 AM
    You're talking within the calendar? If so, I don't think I have ever seen it done like that within the calendar as if it was assigned a time and it passed, where would it be shown?

If you open Tasks and set the sort order to Due Date, the Overdue appears above Today, so it's easy to track there.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to open a different tab or app or whatever.
    I want overdue tasks to always be pushed to the current date, if possible in a nasty red colour or so, until it gets too annoying for me and I decide to either get the task done right now, or to move it to a future due date.
    This is how most of the calendar/task manager implementations that I know work. At least they give you an option for this.
    All other methods are prone to forgetting a task or require more management effort and discipline.
    03-24-15 06:41 AM
    I don't want to open a different tab or app or whatever.
    Got yah. Well we all find different ways to get things done.

My Remember app is always open. I find it great to keep track of all I need to do. Always jumping around my various folders.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:33 AM
    I just don't like the way, ie the check mark, it shows in the calendar. I liked the remember icon much better.

And I don't see the benefit of exporting, if you mean "Share". I'm curious how you are using this?

Respectfully disagree. The app got much better in 10.3.1 and more closer to the GTD tool of choice. Export menu alone is worth it.
    Although I am miffed by inability to move flagged emails from unfilled, too.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:54 AM
    It works pretty good for me. I was impressed as we use Outlook 365 / Exchange. I was super thrilled when I opened notes to find Evernote notebooks. This OS is just frigging cool to me comping from ios.
    03-24-15 03:30 PM
    Share menu, correct. Use it to email /sms my notes / memos.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:00 PM
    I'm having trouble setting a task that has a reminder but no due date (recurring or one time). Implements due date automatically even though it is set to off.

Cannot mark task complete with trackpad without opening task (yes, it's possible to click with finger but on the Classic this should be possible).

Reminders for notes would be nice.

Integration of tasks into Calendar is inconsistent in reliability, as discussed by others above.

Finally, I have 100+ tasks and 800+ notes and both lag 10+ seconds when opening. Not terribly slow, but it is something that holds me back when entering new tasks/notes during a time sensitive moment.

Other general improvements to Remember could be implemented. I wish I had a few weeks to play with the Remember source code...
    03-24-15 05:06 PM
    Agreed that it got worse. I open a pdf attachment in an email. Select share to remember option and when i go to the app it's no where to be found. Used to love and live on this app. Especially to organize trips.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-25-15 01:30 PM
    I couldn't agree more they messed up this app. I used it daily before. Had folders set up with tasks as checklists and now it's justa jumbled mess. No order. No ability to arrange in folders or move items. It's now USELESS! So disappointed with this. Anyone know of an app similar to the old remember i can download??

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    03-25-15 11:26 PM
    I feel Remember should be redone and separated from Tasks. It has become too much of a fumbling app to use. Flagging an email should not automatically make and clutter a new Task. HUB items should instead have Share to Notes or Tasks. It's all just not thought out efficiently IMO. Not to mention not having Remember within Blend from the conception of Blend is a huge omission.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    03-26-15 08:02 AM
    It's fine to flag to an unfiled folder, as long as you can move it to another folder later. I just don't think this was intentional at all. I think it's being revamped as we speak. Hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:15 PM
    It's fine to flag to an unfiled folder, as long as you can move it to another folder later. I just don't think this was intentional at all. I think it's being revamped as we speak. Hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps, but BBOS10 is almost two years old now.
    03-27-15 02:58 PM
    The problem isn't BB10. It's 10.3 or whatever the latest version is. This problem is very new and Clewely says it's being fixed. We'll see.

Perhaps, but BBOS10 is almost two years old now.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 05:34 PM
    This app keeps getting worse. Just tried it with new 10.3.1. Wrote a nice note that i needed to remember and didn't know where else to put it. I hit save and presto it was gone...no sign of it. I've done a search, scrolled down, and nothing. It just disappeared. This app is now completely useless.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:32 AM
    BlackBerry Remember of all!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:54 AM