Sorry to say this but after nearly 2 years having the Classic and almost 9 years of owning a Blackberry with a PKB, as much as I don't want to say it but I've had to get a phone that will meet my speed/app requirements.
    I don't like Android so I've had to go for the iphone 6s as the Classic is starting to lag really bad when using apps and the browser BUT I will still be using my Classic for emails and will keep my accounts on there.
    I don't like VKB or full touch screens but the Mrs has a iPhone 7 and how fast it is compared to the Classic is showing me that it's actually quite slow.
    I haven't carried 2 phones on for about 10 years so to do so now will be strange but for the fact that I like the hub and the way emails work on the Classic I will use 2 phones.
    When the Mercury finally comes out ill will defo buy that and stop using the Classic and 6s.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    02-25-17 04:12 PM
    good luck with your choices. we all have to find what makes us happy
    02-25-17 05:05 PM
    Comparing the classic to an iPhone 7 is kind of ridiculous... the classic was a low to mid range device two years ago.

I don't think ill ever understand anyone who uses an iPhone for work. It's absolutely terrible and counterintuitive for anything that isn't the most basic of tasks. As a personal phone, it's decent, other than the terrible notification management, but android also has terrible notification management, save for the hub on BlackBerry android.

If I were you I'd try the DTEK60 to see if you'd even like the BlackBerry android system. The virtual keyboard is great.
    I don't like android at all to be honest, but BlackBerry has done a great job of making it work well. I've only had to replace the original sms app with textra and Im actually enjoying it now.

Could save yourself the hassle of owning two phones. FYI, the DTEK60 is cheaper in cost than the iPhone and is as fast if not faster than the 7.

Just what I think, but you know your situation best of course!
    02-25-17 05:45 PM
    I share your thoughts and will buy the Keyone... as I don't like using none keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 07:48 AM
    My two years of payments on my iPhone 6 is coming up here in June, and I am planning on coming back to BlackBerry! Buying the Classic, WANT/NEED PKB again.
    02-27-17 08:23 AM
    My two years of payments on my iPhone 6 is coming up here in June, and I am planning on coming back to BlackBerry! Buying the Classic, WANT/NEED PKB again.
    I would very much recommend getting the KEYone. BB10 OS has no future OS development aside from security patches. Each month or even week, more apps become incompatible with the device.

Posted with my  Classic
    Ukweli likes this.
    02-27-17 06:19 PM
    I would very much recommend getting the KEYone. BB10 OS has no future OS development aside from security patches. Each month or even week, more apps become incompatible with the device.

Posted with my  Classic
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I planned on installing google play store on it for some apps; maybe I'll get Classic and use it until payments on my current contract is up then switch to KEYone
    02-27-17 07:28 PM
    Sorry to say this but after nearly 2 years having the Classic and almost 9 years of owning a Blackberry with a PKB, as much as I don't want to say it but I've had to get a phone that will meet my speed/app requirements.
    I don't like Android so I've had to go for the iphone 6s as the Classic is starting to lag really bad when using apps and the browser BUT I will still be using my Classic for emails and will keep my accounts on there.
    I don't like VKB or full touch screens but the Mrs has a iPhone 7 and how fast it is compared to the Classic is showing me that it's actually quite slow.
    I haven't carried 2 phones on for about 10 years so to do so now will be strange but for the fact that I like the hub and the way emails work on the Classic I will use 2 phones.
    When the Mercury finally comes out ill will defo buy that and stop using the Classic and 6s.

Could you not hold off for 5-6 more weeks and save yourself some money?
    02-28-17 09:11 AM
    The 6 s is a great device can't go wrong! You will miss the keyboard for sure that's why I keep my classic around.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 07:12 PM
    I have a 7Plus and recently decided to come back to the Passport and BB10 as a whole.

OP, if you are anything like me, you are absolutely going to miss the keyboard. It's going to take a while to get used to, but good luck to you.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-05-17 07:38 PM
    I'm always impressed by people who can type quickly on an iphone. I certainly can't without a plethora of typos. I can barely type on my iPad, even.

I need swipe function, or I need a pkb. No other option for me, really...

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    03-05-17 08:05 PM
    I don't think ill ever understand anyone who uses an iPhone for work. It's absolutely terrible and counterintuitive for anything that isn't the most basic of tasks. As a personal phone, it's decent, other than the terrible notification management, but android also has terrible notification management, save for the hub on BlackBerry android.
    The number of Enterprise deployments of iOS devices disagrees with this greatly.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-05-17 11:39 PM
    I happen to carry the Classic and 6Plus daily, nothing does email quite like BlackBerry!

After time the vkb will be an afterthought, that was my main reason of staying away from Z10 & Z30.

I carry the 6plus for two reasons, apps and to be able to FaceTime the kids ( ok and to play Real Racing 3 ) with the number of dwindling apps on BB10 and tiring of installing Colbalts Playstore on all my BB10 devices I accept the free iPhone 6plus from T-Mobile.

I'm happy I did, so don't fret over your recent order you will find yourself reaching for your BlackBerry less. And yes I tell you this as a true die-hard BlackBerry fan.

In the end as I'm sure has been stated we must all use what works best for us and gets the task at hand completed seamlessly and efficiently.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    03-07-17 12:49 AM
    The number of Enterprise deployments of iOS devices disagrees with this greatly.
    I know, my employer switched from BlackBerry to iPhone last year, hence why I had one.

People were pretty happy about it, they could finally get their favourite apps and no longer needed to carry two phones. Oh, and those same people were the kind of people who didn't actually need their phone to get any work done since they would only answer emails from 9-5 when they were at the office and disappeared after that.

Ironically, some people were given s7 edge devices and seeing how android, I think it was Good, was managing corporate email was absolutely horrible. So at least the iPhone was more usable than android.

There isn't much choice really.

Once BlackBerry 10 was clearly dead, iPhone was the only and easiest choice for secure phones that would have the least amount of work needed from IT.

But can you objectively claim iPhone has good email capabilities when compared to any BlackBerry?
    03-07-17 02:04 AM

Posted with my  Classic
    As long as security patch updates continue, and the OS functions as anyone would expect an old school type bb to function (w/o android)... that's all I need. I'm hoping I don't have toooooo much lag... I am spoiled with high end phones usually. The passport was great, but I know that's higher end than the classic. I love the look of the classic tho. Reminds me of my bold
    03-09-17 12:03 AM
    Comparing the classic to an iPhone 7 is kind of ridiculous... the classic was a low to mid range device two years ago.

If I were you I'd try the DTEK60 to see if you'd even like the BlackBerry android system. The virtual keyboard is great.
    I don't like android at all to be honest, but BlackBerry has done a great job of making it work well. I've only had to replace the original sms app with textra and Im actually enjoying it now.

Could save yourself the hassle of owning two phones. FYI, the DTEK60 is cheaper in cost than the iPhone and is as fast if not faster than the 7.

Just what I think, but you know your situation best of course!
    these responses always amaze me. It's clear you're a BB fan. Nothing wrong with that. If Apple was so bad a BB was so great you would think the numbers would bear that out. They dont! I've owned phones from every platform. Truly, The BB really only excels in the email field. iOS makes email a bit cumbersome but again, numbers say that more companies and people prefer anything to the BB. Personally, I hope the Keyone is what BB claims. I'd like to be a BB user again but BB crapped the bed a decade ago and while i did purchase a Z10, the phone was a bit of a disappointment when it came to apps. Great for email but mostly substandard on all other aspects.
    03-09-17 12:35 AM
    Other than social media, what is BlackBerry 10 "substandard on" ?
    Ive used the iPhone 6 on iOS 10 for 6 months exclusively and it couldn't do anything better than my passport, besides having access to social media apps I didn't use (and slip out of my hand)
    03-09-17 02:12 AM
    But can you objectively claim iPhone has good email capabilities when compared to any BlackBerry?
    1.) there is a lot LOT more to some jobs than email. Just putting that out there.

2.) would I claim iPhone has good email capabilities when compared to any BlackBerry? Native? No. But iOS has plenty of solutions in the App Store, for whatever flavor of email communication you might need.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-09-17 08:30 PM
    I have a company issued iPhone, I simply exclusively use the Outlook app for all company email, calendars, contacts (we use Office 365 and exchange). I keep my personal email (currently Apples iCloud) as the only registered account with the built in email App. For my personal Gmail account, and to monitor my kids Gmail accounts I use the Gmail app exclusively. I find this separation efficient and easy. I know instantly what email account is receiving a new email by the notification and the sound it makes and I can easily turn off notifications for a particular email account when I need to.
    Last edited by co4nd; 03-10-17 at 07:42 AM.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-09-17 09:01 PM
    I have a company issue iPhone, I simply exclusively use the Outlook app for all company email, calendars, contacts (we use Office 365 and exchange). I keep my personal email (currently Apples iCloud) as the only register account with the built in email App. For my personal Gmail account, and to monitor my kids Gmail accounts I use the Gmail app exclusively. I find this separation efficient and easy. I know instantly what email account is receiving a new email by the notification and the sound it makes and I can easily turn off notifications for a particular email account when I need to.
    I wish I could do that. I could never get used to having three different apps just for email. It was always better for me to have it all in one place. Outlook email is good. When I used it on my iPhone it was a tight race as to who got the email first, my Passport or 7Plus.

I hate that Google pulled push support from iPhone.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-09-17 09:29 PM
    I have a company issued iPhone, I simply exclusively use the Outlook app for all company email, calendars, contacts (we use Office 365 and exchange). I keep my personal email (currently Apples iCloud) as the only registered account with the built in email App. For my personal Gmail account, and to monitor my kids Gmail accounts I use the Gmail app exclusively. I find this separation efficient and easy. I know instantly what email account is receiving a new email by the notification and the sound it makes and I can easily turn off notifications for a particular email account when I need to.
    I think you're being misleading using the word "simply" .

The fact of the matter is that the iPhone has pathetic email integration. Gmail doesn't support push unless you're using their app which makes no sense to me either but I don't know who to blame for that.

You need to use 3 email apps that all serve the exact same purpose but all three of them are completely different. In who's mind is this acceptable from the most profitable, and often claimed to be innovative, smartphone maker on the planet?

Instead of giving excuses, you should be complaining until Apple ups their game. Ios is a good OS but it's not as good as it should be after dominating the market for this long.

For the record, apple only released this past summer an update to their keyboard to be able to predict two languages at once, something BlackBerry and even android has had for years... and their predictions still suck.

BlackBerry isn't perfect, but ios is far from it as well, and so is android. Since BlackBerry 10 is abandoned, the best we can do is push Apple and google to give us more than just the basics of a phone and say "get an app for that (BTW they're all full of ads and generally bloated and poorly optimized)" when we need something more.
    03-10-17 08:14 PM
    Just saying it works fine for me and it is simpler, because my various email accounts are always separate. Far more complex to have them all together in one. Especially for me because I ignore certain email accounts for weeks at a time.
    03-11-17 11:14 AM

Agreed. The classic is slow but that PKB is just the best and I can still bang out emails,text etc. I use all 3 platform's but mostly my BlackBerry Classic and my Android device to run apps so I'm happy for now. But I am considering getting the iPhone SE so I can I have to small devices instead of my 6inch android and my BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 02:42 PM
    I own a passport and want another phone to have as second phone thus I am looking to find a classic in my country but all I found were very expensive and I am just waiting for a cheaper one if someone does not like it and would sell it for a lower price

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 05:32 PM
    I own a passport and want another phone to have as second phone thus I am looking to find a classic in my country but all I found were very expensive and I am just waiting for a cheaper one if someone does not like it and would sell it for a lower price

Posted via CB10
    I was in the same boat. I have a Passport SE and grabbed a Classic as a spare device. There are a lot locally in Waterloo, on for 100cnd

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    03-11-17 10:20 PM
26 12