Been a while since I have seen a Blackberry advertised, this was in the Staples Canada flyer.

Refreshing to find this.....-imageuploadedbycb-forums1461275777.256094.jpg
    04-21-16 04:56 PM
    I mean... dunno how staples is doing up in canada... but they're becoming irrelevant in the US... but yea.... guess it's cool to see it in an ad.... one step at a time...
    04-21-16 04:58 PM
    They have been selling Classic for months now along with a few unlocked Androids but are still priced 500.00 Canadian
    04-22-16 07:28 AM
    1. Sorry to crash the party but even in CAD, that's expensive for what you get. I wouldn't pay over 200 US for a brand new one.
    2. That's alright I guess, I haven't seen a print advert of a BlackBerry since I was in high school (12 years ago), but I still don't see how they think the phone will sell with that price tag.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-22-16 10:02 AM
    That's not really technically an advert is it? I mean, it's just one of a handful of 'random' smartphones listed somewhere inside a Staples flyer. It's not even a 'sale' or reduced price.

When I think of 'advert' (in print media) I think of a stand-alone placement in a newspaper or magazine, where there's content around it, and it's just the thing being advertised. Paid placement, I guess?

The advertising I do / did see, was watching Leafs games on CBC, they always had the Priv advertised on the boards around the visiting team's net, and they had Priv ads in rotation over some exit tunnels I think.
    04-22-16 10:15 AM
    1. Sorry to crash the party but even in CAD, that's expensive for what you get. I wouldn't pay over 200 US for a brand new one.
    2. That's alright I guess, I haven't seen a print advert of a BlackBerry since I was in high school (12 years ago), but I still don't see how they think the phone will sell with that price tag.

its not a party W/O you Blacker It IS pretty hefty for a price but then we look at how much something like a new iphone 6S costs (I saw some on ebay.ca for over a Grand when they first came out, unlocked I think) and we realize that people spend a lot more than perhaps they need to.

Blackberry should go cheaper for sure, if anything just to get more in the hands of people.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    04-22-16 11:39 AM
    That's not really technically an advert is it? I mean, it's just one of a handful of 'random' smartphones listed somewhere inside a Staples flyer. It's not even a 'sale' or reduced price.

When I think of 'advert' (in print media) I think of a stand-alone placement in a newspaper or magazine, where there's content around it, and it's just the thing being advertised. Paid placement, I guess?

The advertising I do / did see, was watching Leafs games on CBC, they always had the Priv advertised on the boards around the visiting team's net, and they had Priv ads in rotation over some exit tunnels I think.
    Ya I'm not sure what people would call it, maybe a "print Ad" or something.

I don't think I have ever seen a billboard featuring a Blackberry, if any, at least not for years.

Still it warmed the cockles of my heart just to see it

04-22-16 11:44 AM
    Actually, here in Canada flyers are advertisements.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    04-22-16 12:20 PM
    Actually, here in Canada flyers are advertisements.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    What you said plus...isn't a flyer an advert by design?
    04-22-16 02:58 PM
    its not a party W/O you Blacker It IS pretty hefty for a price but then we look at how much something like a new iphone 6S costs (I saw some on ebay.ca for over a Grand when they first came out, unlocked I think) and we realize that people spend a lot more than perhaps they need to.

Blackberry should go cheaper for sure, if anything just to get more in the hands of people.

Thanks! I may be considered an a-hole sometimes, as I'm a bit impulsive, but generally I'm quite mellow and I don't want to necessarily spoil the mood of some people, especially in this refuge ))

With what you said about Apple, yeah, definitely, in Eu the prices were as crazy, only in Euro, so a little more expensive than over to your side. Some member from Northern Eu said that there's a saying: never go full Apple (replace the brand with an offensive word), meaning don't go for the 128 gig variant because it will burn your pockets and it's not worth it.

Even the Passport had a peak (at launch) of almost 1.000 Euro across the continent, even if Chen stated that it would cost 500 dollars. It's quite regrettable that BlackBerry have withdrawn from a lot of markets, including Scandinavia, but I do not make the rules nor take the decisions.
    Last edited by Blackerthanblack; 04-22-16 at 03:31 PM.
    04-22-16 03:06 PM

Even the Passport had a peak (at launch) of almost 1.000 Euro across the continent, even if Chen stated that it would cost 500 dollars.
    And that's just it! They have to stick to what they say it will cost because if it becomes bloated, people will get turned off and they will sit.

1,000 Euros is insane! people will just get a cheap Android here for $0 on contract. But I think I saw some BB's at Sasktel for $0, not sure but soon I will take pics of their offerings.

04-22-16 03:50 PM
    2 year contract with bell, 0$ classic

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 08:11 PM
    275$ 2 years priv....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 08:11 PM
    Contact prices shouldn't count. You will still have to pay a minimum (I imagine) of 50$ per month so you can walk out with your "0$" phone. So, at least from my point of view, your example is not the best.

We should talk unlocked prices, because with a contractual obligation you'll end up paying 2-3 times the value of the device just so you can have the consolation that you "got it for free".

The Classic should have been a max 300$ device, with the Priv going for 600 or below. Even as a BlackBerry loyalist, it's getting very hard to swallow their incompetence.

You can get near mint Classics for as low as 180 Euro here, new in box devices costing around 250 or even less at certain retailers. Vodafone for example has them priced at over 500 Euro. Check out Shop BlackBerry prices for the Eu and you'll see the same elevated costs. That should be changed, not the dumb contract prices. Pardon my slightly harsh tone here, I'm not trying to criticise anyone, just to point out that BlackBerry have no idea what world they're living in.

04-23-16 01:31 AM
    And that's just it! They have to stick to what they say it will cost because if it becomes bloated, people will get turned off and they will sit.

1,000 Euros is insane! people will just get a cheap Android here for $0 on contract. But I think I saw some BB's at Sasktel for $0, not sure but soon I will take pics of their offerings.

I was talking unlocked price, not from carriers. Some shops have the phones before they go on sale "officially". I was just pointing out the highest price point I've observed
    04-23-16 01:46 AM
    I was talking unlocked price, not from carriers. Some shops have the phones before they go on sale "officially". I was just pointing out the highest price point I've observed
    Roger that, well now I am curious how much an unlocked Classic costs on Amazon.ca, going to hit that up

04-23-16 01:48 AM
    Classic.....$350-$489

Priv $847!!

both unlocked on Amazon, no contract of course

04-23-16 01:50 AM