I always use a holster for my BB. Specifically a Seidio belt clip holster so the phone clips in screen in (so it's protected) and the back of the device is actually visible. One side-effect of this clip that I really like is that the BB logo on the battery door is clearly on display loud and proud.

Now, wouldn't it be cool if the BB logo was actually backlit? Imagine it is on while in use, and when the screen dims, the BB logo dims a second after. Imagine how cool it'll look when I put my phone into my holster, the logo stays lit for another 2 seconds, then fades to a "normal" looking silvery logo. And when I have notifications, it can dimly pulsate. This would really make the logo "pop" for others to see, and would be pretty modern and nice looking without being annoying or tacky like the iphones that annoyingly flash their LED flash when a call comes in. A nice dim pulsation would be pretty tasteful...

I always make sure my shirt is not covering the phone when it's in the holster so people can clearly see the BB logo...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-04-14 03:06 AM
    It would be kitsch in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 03:11 AM
    100% agree. Shouldn't kill to much battery and would be a good touch. Could it be done with a removable back?

I do the exact same with my phone as well. Seidio Spring Clip, displayed BlackBerry Logo proudly!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 06:01 PM
    100% agree. Shouldn't kill to much battery and would be a good touch. Could it be done with a removable back?

I do the exact same with my phone as well. Seidio Spring Clip, displayed BlackBerry Logo proudly!

Posted via CB10
    Something like that wouldn't use much battery. Plus they should give the option to turn it off. I would think a method similar to the contacts for the nfc would work for this as well.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-04-14 06:32 PM
    Sounds pretty good. As long as it doesn't stay lit and drains your battery like hell, I'm cool with it.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-04-14 06:42 PM
    Able to get a pic for us to see?
    07-04-14 06:43 PM
    I'd turn it off immediately. I hate the glowing Apple logo, it's ostentatious. No different if BlackBerry did it.

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    07-04-14 06:45 PM
    I'd turn it off immediately. I hate the glowing Apple logo, it's ostentatious. No different if BlackBerry did it.

Posted via CB10
    And I think there definitely should be the option to turn it off or on as you please.
    07-04-14 07:01 PM
    Apple might sue because of the back-lit macbook

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    They haven't sued Dell, Alienware (now part of Dell), Falcon Northwest, or any of these other laptop makers that have the same thing...
    07-04-14 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    By that analogy, BlackBerry should sue them back from copying some BlackBerry 10 UI elements to iOS 7.

07-04-14 07:18 PM
    So, apparently someone made a thread about this exact same thing in the concepts and dream devices thread, lol. His was started days ago, I never saw it. So I would divert to that one for the sake of not having redundant threads...
    07-04-14 07:24 PM
    Then everyone should go here now:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=942249

Thread closed.

07-04-14 07:50 PM