I believe you. Some individual devices were more prone than others. Did you ever compare trackpad elevation on your device against a "problem" device? Maybe yours was one of the elevated ones. ? Out of 26 devices, Fall of 2011, 5 users had no issues and openly wondered what all the fuss was about. Including one of our "smart guys". He took one of the problem devices home one night and came back the next day resolved to fix the problem. His observation was that the belt & trackpad on the non-problem devices was slightly elevated above the screen compared to problem devices. About .010" as I recall. We chalked it up to production tolerances and proceeded to file tabs & fit some adhesive backed mylar tape under the tool belt to raise its elevation about .010. Our poor IT guy threw a fit over us modifying brand new devices but user complaints mostly stopped.
    I don't know, perhaps. I didn't even know about the problem then so I didn't go looking for it...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-30-14 10:54 AM
    Makes as much sense as a physical keyboard with a virtual keyboard

Posted via CrackBerry App
    LMAO!! Yes, I so wanted to post that screenshot somewhere to comment on it but didn't want to be a total troll because that would have been my intention if I had done that, lol. :-D

06-30-14 10:55 AM
    I think classic is not going to make sense, We have gestures with BB10, how would we use the trackpad, wouldn't it feel redundant? To me, it makes no sense at all having it, would have been better if they upgrade Q10 to better specs IMO

Posted via CB10
    It's like windows 8 with a mouse. Same logic

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 10:57 AM
    I had a 9930 I think it was new bold for verizon, never had any issues touching the screen by accident using the tracking I actually still have it I'm gonna give it a try again.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 11:14 AM
    It's like windows 8 with a mouse. Same logic

Posted via CB10
    Except the problem there is windows 8, not the mouse...

06-30-14 01:08 PM
    Except the problem there is windows 8, not the mouse...

Windows 8 metro with the mouse, but anyone that uses 8 for any real work uses desktop...and then the mouse is the best. Heck I use desktop on my surface rt 2, as metro is crap.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:38 PM
    Windows 8 metro with the mouse, but anyone that uses 8 for any real work uses desktop...and then the mouse is the best. Heck I use desktop on my surface rt 2, as metro is crap.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, even with Windows 8 there's plenty good use for a mouse...

06-30-14 06:08 PM
    I think classic is not going to make sense, We have gestures with BB10, how would we use the trackpad, wouldn't it feel redundant? To me, it makes no sense at all having it, would have been better if they upgrade Q10 to better specs IMO

Posted via CB10

Really, trackpad with BB10 gestures?-untitled.jpg

Posted with my ? Q10.
    06-30-14 08:18 PM
    Replaced my 9900 with my q10 on the day it was launched. The 9900 was great but dated and app support (for some of my favourites) was waning. Towards the end, I'd been carrying an Android phone along with my 9900 to fill the gaps and that was a pain. I did try z10 for a few months before q10 was released but the OS was young and it couldn't touch my 9900/android combo.

With the Q10 I was able to get back to a single device. I don't distress about it as often as I used to, but I still miss the efficiency and accuracy that the tool belt functions offered.

BlackBerry is releasing the Classic for a larger market than just those who are leary of change. It is also for people like me who recognize that we lost something good when we left the tool belt behind. I see the Classic as the culmination of the best tech BlackBerry has released.

Passport has me curious; I don't think it will be better for me than the Classic but I'm certainly keeping an open mind. The extra screen size will be amazing to say the least. If the keyboard truly functions as a trackpad and it has the efficiency shortcuts I miss, then it might give me as much as 85% of what I miss from the toolbelt.

Personally, I can't wait to be able to disconnect a phone call while the screen is off, rapidly select emails to delete from the hub and place my cursor accurately in a body of text for a super-fast cut and paste.
    idssteve and DS1331 like this.
    07-01-14 01:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Guess the OP has never used his phone with an external mouse and keyboard...
    07-03-14 07:58 PM
    The cursor in iPhone 5 running iOS7 is nice though

BlackBerry 10 - it takes courage to be one of the few
    07-08-14 06:13 PM
86 ... 234