Hey, I agree with waterfront, lol. :-)

Although I do want to see the specs before I decide if this is a day one buy or not...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    Love BlackBerry but can't justify spending that much money on a BlackBerry. Def when the price goes down

Q10 Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 11:09 PM
    Hopefully there won't be any of the new BB10 gestures on the Classic. Isn't the main point of the classic to be like classic BlackBerry devices. Ya know, the devices that didn't depend on gestures?

My Bold 9930 had one gesture, swipe down for notifications. Hopefully the BlackBerry Classic is the same way. With a track pad and all those physical buttons, the last thing I'd want to do is still need to swipe and flip across the screen non stop.
    06-28-14 08:21 PM
    I would hope Classic has all the gestures built in as the Q10 does, since this is supposed to be the successor. Both is fine as we can choose if we want to use gestures or trackpad.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Thunderbuck and Giro_UK like this.
    06-28-14 09:11 PM
    The OP obviously never used a bold 9930....
    The best device to type whatever is the bold 9930. Not eve the Q10 is that effective. Why? The tracpad

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:14 PM
    Hopefully there won't be any of the new BB10 gestures on the Classic. Isn't the main point of the classic to be like classic BlackBerry devices. Ya know, the devices that didn't depend on gestures?

My Bold 9930 had one gesture, swipe down for notifications. Hopefully the BlackBerry Classic is the same way. With a track pad and all those physical buttons, the last thing I'd want to do is still need to swipe and flip across the screen non stop.
    The 99xx does not have that gesture, it's a tap on the notification bar (assuming you mean the notification bar on the home screen).

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:42 PM

Um, why not just have BOTH? Why would you want to eliminate features just because you don't personally like them? Why not allow you to use the trackpad or the gestures??

06-28-14 10:49 PM
    Um, why not just have BOTH? Why would you want to eliminate features just because you don't personally like them? Why not allow you to use the trackpad or the gestures??

What happens when your thumb accidentally slips up while you're using the trackpad? Oops, you just accidentally minimized the app you were working in. That's just one reason why I can see having gestures on the Classic could be a major pia. Heck, myself and many others already accidentally minimize apps on the Q10 while scrolling. I imagine it will be even worse on the Classic with such a small space in between the screen and trackpad.

Allowing both would be awesome as long as they give us the ability to disable the gestures completely, but this is BB10 we're talking about. It isn't very option friendly.
    06-29-14 01:17 AM
    What happens when your thumb accidentally slips up while you're using the trackpad? Oops, you just accidentally minimized the app you were working in. That's just one reason why I can see having gestures on the Classic could be a major pia. Heck, myself and many others already accidentally minimize apps on the Q10 while scrolling. I imagine it will be even worse on the Classic with such a small space in between the screen and trackpad.

Allowing both would be awesome as long as they give us the ability to disable the gestures completely, but this is BB10 we're talking about. It isn't very option friendly.
    I don't know about you, but I don't have Parkinson's or any other trouble with my nervous system that affects my motor control. I used the 9900, which had both a touchscreen and a track pad, and I've never, not once, accidentally touched the screen while using the track pad... But I guess if you really think this is a possibility, maybe they will do something about it in a future update. But I'm not too worried about it...
    06-29-14 02:34 AM
    I'm sure they have a different gesture-toolbelt combo implementation for the Classic. Let's not assume until we see whats really done.

BBQ10
    06-29-14 05:23 AM
    I don't know about you, but I don't have Parkinson's or any other trouble with my nervous system that affects my motor control. I used the 9900, which had both a touchscreen and a track pad, and I've never, not once, accidentally touched the screen while using the track pad... But I guess if you really think this is a possibility, maybe they will do something about it in a future update. But I'm not too worried about it...
    Early 9900's seemed to be more prone to that problem than later ones. Not sure what changed... OS or HW?? Back when we were starting to transition to the 9900, the first time (nearly 3 yrs ago), we started shimming up the upper part of the keyboard to raise the trackpad's elevation an additional .010" above the touchscreen. End of problem. The later 9900's we've migrated back to, a few months ago, don't seem prone to the issue. Most irritating was while scrolling down a web page using the trackpad, the tip of your thumb might accidentally touch an embedded link on the web page and jump off to that. A quick punch of the return button gets you back but irritating, none the less. Like i said, these newer 9900's are virtually no-problem. BB obviously fixed something in the interim.

Touch being redundantly useless with a properly implemented trackpad, a simple checkbox option to disable the touch digitizer should be a "no brainer" imo.
    06-29-14 08:48 AM
    I welcome the idea of a track pad on BB10 whether it's full touch or qwerty. What I wanna know is, how will the Berry button (menu) and back button interact with the BB10 OS?

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    06-29-14 10:19 AM
    Early 9900's seemed to be more prone to that problem than later ones. Not sure what changed... OS or HW?? Back when we were starting to transition to the 9900, the first time (nearly 3 yrs ago), we started shimming up the upper part of the keyboard to raise the trackpad's elevation an additional .010" above the touchscreen. End of problem. The later 9900's we've migrated back to, a few months ago, don't seem prone to the issue. Most irritating was while scrolling down a web page using the trackpad, the tip of your thumb might accidentally touch an embedded link on the web page and jump off to that. A quick punch of the return button gets you back but irritating, none the less. Like i said, these newer 9900's are virtually no-problem. BB obviously fixed something in the interim.

Touch being redundantly useless with a properly implemented trackpad, a simple checkbox option to disable the touch digitizer should be a "no brainer" imo.
    I bought the 9900 on day one and used it for almost 2 years. Never accidentally touched the screen. Maybe I'm just always extremely lucky. *shrug*
    06-29-14 10:44 AM
    I bought the 9900 on day one and used it for almost 2 years. Never accidentally touched the screen. Maybe I'm just always extremely lucky. *shrug*
    Maybe you're just a super hero or a strange mutant with super precise thumbs. Are you a plastic surgeon by chance? You claim that you "never" did it. As in not once? Sorry, I'm not buying it. So what, you're gonna claim that you never used a 99 with one hand and NEVER once touched the display while using the trackpad? You never once used your 99 in the middle of the night after waking up but while you were still half asleep and accidentaly touched the display while using the track pad? Never? Not once? Lol bull.

The trackpad on that phone is so close to being flush with the display that you must have actually made a concentrated effort to make sure that that would never happen. Did you really spend the time and effort ensuring that you're thumb never once touched the display? Why would you have? If ya did, it must have been very stressful for you to use that phone. Always planning your next move to ensure that your thumb never once slid up too far.

I get that you're trying to prove a point, but seriously, you NEVER did it? Sure.
    06-29-14 11:18 AM
    Maybe you're just a super hero or a strange mutant with super precise thumbs. Are you a plastic surgeon by chance? You claim that you "never" did it. As in not once? Sorry, I'm not buying it. So what, you're gonna claim that you never used a 99 with one hand and NEVER once touched the display while using the trackpad? You never once used your 99 in the middle of the night after waking up but while you were still half asleep and accidentaly touched the display while using the track pad? Never? Not once? Lol bull.

The trackpad on that phone is so close to being flush with the display that you must have actually made a concentrated effort to make sure that that would never happen. Did you really spend the time and effort ensuring that you're thumb never once touched the display? Why would you have? If ya did, it must have been very stressful for you to use that phone. Always planning your next move to ensure that your thumb never once slid up too far.

I get that you're trying to prove a point, but seriously, you NEVER did it? Sure.
    Don't believe me then, I really couldn't care less. Just keep assuming that everyone's as clumsy... I guess I must be a superhero then if it really takes super hero powers to simply know how to move my fingers in a precise manner...
    06-29-14 11:38 AM
    Don't believe me then, I really couldn't care less. Just keep assuming that everyone's as clumsy... I guess I must be a superhero then if it really takes super hero powers to simply know how to move my fingers in a precise manner...
    It's not even about being clumsy. It is just a part of how we use trackpads, and how they work and how the 99 was designed. I don't know about you, but I frequently moved my thumb (you used the trackpad with your fingers?) across those trackpads pretty fast while using them. With the trackpad being so flush to the screen, as it is with the Bold 99, it was very easy to touch the display while scrolling pages and lists. I would have believed you if you had said that you rarely accidentally touched the display while using the trackpad, but never is pretty hard to believe. Whatever though.
    06-29-14 12:30 PM
    That's so interesting. Thanks for your opinion. Don't buy the Classic. Problem solved. Thank you for visiting.

What's wrong with you ?

Posted via my Q10
    06-29-14 12:35 PM
    Early 9900's seemed to be more prone to that problem than later ones. Not sure what changed... OS or HW??
    The rumor that I heard on the official BlackBerry forums is that BlackBerry pushed out a OS update that made the area of the screen directly above the touch pad less sensitive. The same rumor also said that they made the proximity sensor more accurate to prevent the accidental button presses with the face. I don't know if any of that is true or not, but I do remember it happening less after the phone got later 7.1 builds. I also remember all of the complaints about it happening and users begging BlackBerry to give them a software option to disable the touchscreen completely because of it, the pocket-dialing and the face button presses.
    06-29-14 12:37 PM
    It's not even about being clumsy. It is just a part of how we use trackpads, and how they work and how the 99 was designed. I don't know about you, but I frequently moved my thumb (you used the trackpad with your fingers?) across those trackpads pretty fast while using them. With the trackpad being so flush to the screen, as it is with the Bold 99, it was very easy to touch the display while scrolling pages and lists. I would have believed you if you had said that you rarely accidentally touched the display while using the trackpad, but never is pretty hard to believe. Whatever though.
    Yah, I moved my thumb over the trackpad pretty fast as well. I just knew how to stop my thumb (using my superhuman powers of course) before going off the edge of the trackpad... Perhaps try biasing your movements toward the keyboard instead of the screen, so if anything you might accidentally touch the keyboard, which wouldn't do anything unless you're on the passport...
    06-29-14 02:17 PM
    What's wrong with you ?

Posted via my Q10
    What? I provided a solution that someone's problem. I don't get how that is wrong. If anything, a "Thank you" is in order... I'll just give a preemptive "You're welcome."
    06-29-14 02:18 PM
    What? I provided a solution that someone's problem. I don't get how that is wrong. If anything, a "Thank you" is in order... I'll just give a preemptive "You're welcome."
    You are just way too arrogant.

Posted via my Q10
    06-29-14 05:20 PM
    As someone before me said, I see it too as way to push legacy users into BB10 less painfully. I personaly would like and wait eagerly to see what will BB10 look like when used with trackpad and Berry(menu) button.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 05:33 PM
    That's when the space bar and (up) key come in handy on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:32 PM
    I believe you. Some individual devices were more prone than others. Did you ever compare trackpad elevation on your device against a "problem" device? Maybe yours was one of the elevated ones. ? Out of 26 devices, Fall of 2011, 5 users had no issues and openly wondered what all the fuss was about. Including one of our "smart guys". He took one of the problem devices home one night and came back the next day resolved to fix the problem. His observation was that the belt & trackpad on the non-problem devices was slightly elevated above the screen compared to problem devices. About .010" as I recall. We chalked it up to production tolerances and proceeded to file tabs & fit some adhesive backed mylar tape under the tool belt to raise its elevation about .010. Our poor IT guy threw a fit over us modifying brand new devices but user complaints mostly stopped.
    06-30-14 07:01 AM
    Makes as much sense as a physical keyboard with a virtual keyboard

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-30-14 07:08 AM
    Makes as much sense as a physical keyboard with a virtual keyboard

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Yeah, never saw that on 9900. Can anyone with better eyes make out keyboard numbers on the Q20 images?
    06-30-14 07:43 AM
86 1234