Trackpad is good for scrolling and selecting words for copy and paste.
    And this is done without your fingers getting in the way of the selected words.
    This is good for those who wanted have the trackpad.
    But for me.. I've gotten used to selecting words by using current BB10 methods.
    But for current bbos users, they still want trackpad.

Ask Drake why he's not using his Q10 and most of the time caught him on 9900 or 9930..
    Because I read somewhere, he use his phone to compose lyrics.
    At this point, using trackpad is the easiest way to go.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    Correct he writes his lyrics on his phone.....

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:19 PM
    WebOS didn't have anything besides swiping up to minimize and close apps. I know because I have 2 trackpads from the fire sale. I loved webos but bb10 is in another league.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. Webos had swipe up for card view. Swipe Fwd and back for web browsing and card nav. It also used the gesture area for text selection (all directions).

Imagine the track pad also has a finger print reader built in. Ahhh that would be a lot more interesting. I also want to add that the track pad could have other types of gestures we haven't heard of yet.

I'd admit I was a tad confused at first but after seeing the device I'm kind of excited about the possibilities.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:19 PM
    Correct he writes his lyrics on his phone.....

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... look at his fingers scrolling on the trackpad using left right hand.
    Couldn't be spitting rhymes when your finger is blocking it.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    DS1331 likes this.
    06-20-14 10:33 PM
    Touch, on my 9900, is uselessly redundant, IMO. What, precisely, does touch do BETTER for you than track?

Finger painting is wonderful for preschoolers. Some, like myself, prefer the precision of a nicely pointed brush. Diversity is a wondrous thing!
    phuoc, Mr4aces and Kris Simundson like this.
    06-20-14 11:25 PM
    Touch, on my 9900, is uselessly redundant, IMO. What, precisely, does touch do BETTER for you than track?

Finger painting is wonderful for preschoolers. Some, like myself, prefer the precision of a nicely pointed brush. Diversity is a wondrous thing!
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 11:48 PM
    Thankfully, Chen remembered how useful the trackpad is.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:18 AM
    I too wondered about bringing back the track pad on a touch screen BlackBerry 10 device...

HOWEVER ...the obvious use for a track pad came to me last night....

I had my Z10 plugged into a hdmi port into a 38" screen and was using the BBC app/ Web page...i had to keep looking back at my phone to select stuff on the Web page by touch.

With a track pad, and the HDMI plugged into the Classic, I could've navigated the website I suppose WITHOUT looking down at my phone and defeating the object of plugging in to a big screen.

Also consider those doing a presentation from their phone and wanting to use the cursor to highlight stuff...remember BlackBerry Bridge with the Playbook?? I guess it'll work like that almost, using the smaller device as a navigation for the big screen however in this case it'll be a track pad.

I use Salesforce on my Z10 and sometimes plug it into a big screen for ease of use...i sit far away from the screen on a long HDMI cable... Essentially the cursor would be useful for navigation so I didn't have to keep looking at the mini screen but could just put my thumb on the track pad and watch the large screen...i expect Q10 users have this problem too.

Plus the obvious use of cursor movement during typing.

It's a means to an end I suppose and when you actually think about it, it is clever.

Think business users and practical use and the options it opens up..as mentioned,finger print scanner, cursor movement, presentation usage, navigation...

Another cool addition I hope the 1:1 aspect phones would have is an intuitive HDMI display that could say for example, output movies or screens to 16:9 if required....its no good having HDMI output if it then only shows 1:1 also.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10...
    Last edited by Giro_UK; 06-21-14 at 03:19 AM.
    06-21-14 03:02 AM
    It's going to make a lot of sense for those who have not used a bb10 before. And for its price and target market which are the executives and the like, the phone buttons are essential.

BBQ10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-21-14 04:10 AM
    It's going to make a lot of sense for those who have not used a bb10 before. And for its price and target market which are the executives and the like, the phone buttons are essential.

BBQ10
    Yep, it's also going to make a lot of sense for those who HAVE used BB10 before AND were honest enough to recognize which system works best for our needs. I haven't used the touch screen on my 9900 since reverting back to it. The trackpad does EVERYthing without "finger painting" all over the screen. Some of us prefer painting with finely tipped brushes.
    allwi and Kris Simundson like this.
    06-21-14 05:43 AM
    Thats all true.. agree with that.. simplicity is when we can fully operate our bb with just one hand. Track pad is helpful to make this happen. Great idea.. trackpad for bb 10 no more miss in selecting and ofcourse more precise in doing all texting
    06-24-14 05:28 PM
    The trackpad though, so close to the bottom of the screen makes me wonder if you won't close an app sometimes while using it upward ?
    I'm very curious to see if they'll change some gestures in BB10 or if the trackpad will interfere with the normal way to use the gestures like i did on my Q10....
    DS1331 likes this.
    06-24-14 05:37 PM
    The trackpad though, so close to the bottom of the screen makes me wonder if you won't close an app sometimes while using it upward ?
    I'm very curious to see if they'll change some gestures in BB10 or if the trackpad will interfere with the normal way to use the gestures like i did on my Q10....
    Yeah, that was an irritating problem with early 9900s. Always heard, right or wrong, that some OS changes helped mitigate that. Don't know for sure but newer 9900's seem less prone to that issue. The "smart guys" in my office add a little padding under the top edge of the keyboard to lift the trackpad elevation about .010" above the screen. End of problem. BB certainly has the experience to avoid the issue. Of course the touch interface is uselessly redundant on a trackpad device so a simple check box to disable the thing would eliminate this issue in addition to others.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-24-14 07:25 PM
    u will allways have the back button to reliably close and app
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-24-14 08:01 PM
    I think bringing back the tool belt is blackberry's way of administering the placebo to those legacy ID users who are scared of taking the leap to bb10. It gives them what they are familiar with to help them take the decision to try out the new OS
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-24-14 08:15 PM
    Yep, it's also going to make a lot of sense for those who HAVE used BB10 before AND were honest enough to recognize which system works best for our needs. I haven't used the touch screen on my 9900 since reverting back to it. The trackpad does EVERYthing without "finger painting" all over the screen. Some of us prefer painting with finely tipped brushes.
    It's just a lot better to hold and scroll with as well

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:20 PM
    I think bringing back the tool belt is blackberry's way of administering the placebo to those legacy ID users who are scared of taking the leap to bb10. It gives them what they are familiar with to help them take the decision to try out the new OS
    i completely disagree for me touch is a pita to use im not afraid of bb10 at all in fact like alot of things that bb 10 does but .... answering and hanging up calls is best with buttons. failed attempts to answer calls with touch screen is a major frustration for me. although most of the time it works, the times it doesn't work on the first try is really aggravating. i will own a button phone as long as there being made.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    slagman5, Mr4aces and idssteve like this.
    06-24-14 10:17 PM
    The one thing I loved about my old torch is that it gave me so many different options for performing tasks.

Mr. Chen didn't bring back the track pad just for the heck of it. Customers wanted it. Not sure why that is so hard to understand?

"BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-24-14 11:10 PM
    The one thing I loved about my old torch is that it gave me so many different options for performing tasks.

Mr. Chen didn't bring back the track pad just for the heck of it. Customers wanted it. Not sure why that is so hard to understand?

"BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Love the old Torch. Would solve my desire to have a large rectangular screen and a keyboard.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    06-24-14 11:58 PM
    Trackpad is the most desired function I longed for...it lends single hand usability...toggling through the home pages,. selecting text, fb, twitter and many more ....i can't wait for classic

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 and Mr4aces like this.
    06-25-14 12:27 AM
    I think KEEPING the tool belt is blackberry's way of saving BB10 and bbry itself. BB10 is a great OS steadily getting better . Its hard to argue that it's been equally great at selling phones. NEW markets, or old markets.

BTW, there's nothing to "bring back". Tool belt never left. 9900's are still in production.
    The ONLY thing keeping me in BlackBerry is the hardware. If forced to abandon the tool belt, I'll likely seek another platform. BB10, by itself, just can't overcome the "app gap" AND its current hardware deficit. Q20 promises to correct BB10's hardware deficit, at least.
    Doggerz and Mr4aces like this.
    06-25-14 05:41 AM
    Not true. Webos had swipe up for card view. Swipe Fwd and back for web browsing and card nav. It also used the gesture area for text selection (all directions).

Imagine the track pad also has a finger print reader built in. Ahhh that would be a lot more interesting. I also want to add that the track pad could have other types of gestures we haven't heard of yet.

I'd admit I was a tad confused at first but after seeing the device I'm kind of excited about the possibilities.

Posted via CB10
    The HP TouchPad had less gestures than the phones, it also did not have the geasture area for forward back and quick nav etc.

As PHONE to PHONE WebOS geasture and multitasking etc still outpace BB10

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:30 PM
    If that's what you think, then you'd be wrong. I have used BB10 (the Q10 and Z10 and Z30) for a year and a half now and I will jump at a Q20 or any device that brings the tool belt to BB10. The tool belt brings additional advantages to BB10.
    Doggerz, Mr4aces and allwi like this.
    06-25-14 10:14 PM
    The big deal about having the BB Key ( Button ) with the track pad is that renaming a video or picture you just took would / should make it as easy to do as it was on the 9900. Blackberry really screwed up with they lost this functionality with the new devices.
    06-25-14 11:12 PM
    Bought the Q day one. Will buy the Classic day one. So many uses for the trackpad with gestures. This is a very novice thread concept
    Mr4aces and slagman5 like this.
    06-27-14 03:17 PM
    Bought the Q day one. Will buy the Classic day one. So many uses for the trackpad with gestures. This is a very novice thread concept
    Hey, I agree with waterfront, lol. :-)

Although I do want to see the specs before I decide if this is a day one buy or not...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-27-14 08:07 PM
86 1234