I think classic is not going to make sense, We have gestures with BB10, how would we use the trackpad, wouldn't it feel redundant? To me, it makes no sense at all having it, would have been better if they upgrade Q10 to better specs IMO

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and SNiPPYUK like this.
    06-20-14 06:07 AM
    I'd LOVE a track pad for text selection. And maybe slowly scrolling through a Web page while reading a column of text.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:13 AM
    Why are you.. shocked? The entire point of the classic IS the trackpad and buttons.

And really the gestures in BB10, while better than android or iOS, are not that good... WebOS had way better and more intuitive gestures and navigation.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84, Mr4aces and Witmen like this.
    06-20-14 06:25 AM
    Text selection with trackpad is more precise and more easy. That's for me though, I don't know with anyone else do with the trackpad. But for me it help a lot for selecting text. Really help for my big thumb.

Posted via SQR100-2.
    DetlevCM likes this.
    06-20-14 07:17 AM
    All I want the trackpad for is the selecting text and moving the cursor to a spot on the text I want. So having that and the gestures is perfectly okay for me.
    Mr4aces, Thunderbuck and DetlevCM like this.
    06-20-14 08:52 AM
    Well the Windermere has a trackpad as well...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:53 AM
    Well the Windermere has a trackpad as well...

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't
    06-20-14 08:55 AM
    Why are you.. shocked? The entire point of the classic IS the trackpad and buttons.

And really the gestures in BB10, while better than android or iOS, are not that good... WebOS had way better and more intuitive gestures and navigation.

Posted via CB10
    WebOS didn't have anything besides swiping up to minimize and close apps. I know because I have 2 trackpads from the fire sale. I loved webos but bb10 is in another league.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-20-14 10:16 AM
    I'm really looking forward to the added functionality of the trackpad for scrolling, text selection, and for use in the browser. REALLY looking forward to the physical call and end buttons I hope they're not capacitive, and that they have a click to them.
    06-20-14 10:16 AM
    Exactly! Why have duplicacy when gestures is really fast efficient and does the job!?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:41 AM
    Exactly! Why have duplicacy when gestures is really fast efficient and does the job!?

Posted via CB10
    A trackpad pinpoints.
    06-20-14 11:31 AM
    I think classic is not going to make sense, We have gestures with BB10, how would we use the trackpad, wouldn't it feel redundant? To me, it makes no sense at all having it, would have been better if they upgrade Q10 to better specs IMO

Posted via CB10
    That's so interesting. Thanks for your opinion. Don't buy the Classic. Problem solved. Thank you for visiting.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-20-14 12:51 PM
    It makes sense to a lot of people who really want it.
    If you don't want it, the Q10 or Passport will be more to your liking.
    Isn't it nice that BlackBerry offers us a choice?
    06-20-14 01:26 PM
    It's an additional option for navigation, no more, no less.

While I'm good with the text selection procedure for BB10 as it currently sits, I'll admit that using alt-touchpad was more precise.
    06-20-14 02:53 PM
    I wish I could use a trackpad to scroll threw this thread
    06-20-14 04:04 PM
    I'm good without a trackpad. I can pinpoint text and select entire sentences easily, but lots of people liked their trackpads and prefer them over touchscreens. BlackBerry is not going to argue with their loyal user base. They made a device just for those users. Personally, I have the pick of the litter because it doesn't matter to me. I do want to see a nice touch screen device with a bit of muscle under the hood. An LTE Z3 is not going to do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:13 PM
    Technically the tool belt and trackpad become slightly redundant since BlackBerry devices with touch screens were made. In fact, the Storm didn't even have a track pad, and yet they brought it back for the Torch 9860.

I see many hybrid tablet/laptops now that have both full touch screen, keyboard and a mouse pad. Although redundant, each input mode is optimal for certain tasks (as already mentioned)... not having options is a compromise in the name of compactness, weight, cost, etc. It all depends on what you value most... simplicity or options.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:22 PM
    For text selecting, trackpad is way faster & accurate than touch for sure. I'm used to touch now. So I can live without it but I understand for people who have to type a lot, trackpad is must.
    BlackBerry focusing more in enterprise , it does make sense to cater those people who want it back imo.

Posted via CB10
    pungster likes this.
    06-20-14 04:33 PM
    Hmm..instead of including the entire tool belt...a simple trackpad would have sufficed I guess!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:42 PM
    Hmm..instead of including the entire tool belt...a simple trackpad would have sufficed I guess!

Posted via CB10
    For. Me no what I really want is physical call end/send buttons I do like the trackpad tho.the classic is going to be the best all round phone for me.
    slagman5 and Mr4aces like this.
    06-20-14 04:46 PM
    Really, person who comes into the Q20 forum and questions the validity of a trackpad with BB10? They've done the research already, and the market exists for this device. The water's gone under the bridge. This dead horse has been pulverized.
    06-20-14 05:33 PM
    The track pad is all about banging our emails on the train, before and after work. I've gotten used to the Z10 keyboard, but still sometimes have issues selecting text and paragraphs in long emails.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:29 PM
    No it doesn't
    It does, but it works differently than you would expect.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:28 PM
    A track pad is genius, scrolling thru web pages or websites and emails, I just wanna hold my phone below comfortably with one hand not in the center scrolling using my thumb all the way on the screen

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and Toodeurep like this.
    06-20-14 08:02 PM
    Trackpad is good for scrolling and selecting words for copy and paste.
    And this is done without your fingers getting in the way of the selected words.
    This is good for those who wanted have the trackpad.
    But for me.. I've gotten used to selecting words by using current BB10 methods.
    But for current bbos users, they still want trackpad.

Ask Drake why he's not using his Q10 and most of the time caught him on 9900 or 9930..
    Because I read somewhere, he use his phone to compose lyrics.
    At this point, using trackpad is the easiest way to go.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-20-14 08:09 PM
86 123 ...