So I've experienced quite a few reboots in the past week. Not sure what is causing them but I first noticed them when I looked over at my phone and noticed the location icon flickering. A common sight for when I've manually rebooted the phone on a couple of occasions.

Another behaviour that's odd and I'm not entirely sure if this is normal for this OS: Whatever is in my active frames, BBM for example, will still be present even after I manually reset the phone (holding the power button off until the BlackBerry logo reappers). Is this normal for you guys? I was under the impression that after a reboot all apps would naturally be closed and waiting to be reopened again.

Anyway, here's my latest reboot time displayed:

Random Reboots Here On Leaked OS-img_20150108_213802.png

I believe the last one before this was a couple of days ago. Maybe you guys could check and ensure it hasn't been happening on your Classic or maybe I'm alone in this.

My OS:

Random Reboots Here On Leaked OS-img_20150108_213918.png

Posted via CB10 with the beautiful keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-08-15 08:39 PM
    Get off that leaked OS, or at the very least, upgrade it. And your active frame 'issue' is a feature, not a bug.
    01-08-15 08:44 PM
    Get off that leaked OS, or at the very least, upgrade it. And your active frame 'issue' is a feature, not a bug.
    I didn't install a leak. This is what's on Telus. I don't even know how to install leaks. Lol. This is literally what was updated when I purchased my device. How is it leaked?

01-08-15 08:47 PM
    It is just a leak for a reason. You shouldn't use those builds on your daily driver, especially if you depend on your phone for work etc. I suggest either downgrading to the latest official OS.

Regarding those active frames, I've noticed the same behaviour on my Passport running the latest official release. It seems you need to do a hard reset with the volume rocker to do a "full" reboot of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:48 PM
    Why does everyone keep saying "leaked" os? I've had someone else mention this on a separate thread. This is what came with Telus. I think my girlfriend's is also the same os. And she's with Bell. What am I missing? This is not a "leak". This is what is official from my carrier.

01-08-15 08:51 PM
    Why does everyone keep saying "leaked" os? I've had someone else mention this on a separate thread. This is what came with Telus. I think my girlfriend's is also the same os. And she's with Bell. What am I missing? This is not a "leak". This is what is official from my carrier.

Might be SOMETHING to do with the fact that the title of your thread calls it a leak. MAYBE, I'm no psychic, but I'm thinking PERHAPS that's why. What do I know though...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-08-15 08:57 PM
    Might be SOMETHING to do with the fact that the title of your thread calls it a leak. MAYBE, I'm no psychic, but I'm thinking PERHAPS that's why. What do I know though...

Blaze changed the title, or another mod. I didn't include "leak" in the title. Now the thread turned into a confusion.

01-08-15 09:00 PM
    Any kind MOD out there can change the title at least to "official Telus OS"? I guess I should have been more specific.

Again, I'm not running a leak. This is what updated out of the box with Telus.

Now I'm curios to know what os version everyone is on. Is this Telus one newer or older?

Thank you

01-08-15 09:16 PM
    What is the correct os for the classic? Anybody????
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    01-08-15 09:20 PM
    Apparently nobody knows.
    01-08-15 09:41 PM
    Apparently nobody knows.
    Give it more than 20 minutes oh impatient one. 1154

01-08-15 10:06 PM
    Give it more than 20 minutes oh impatient one. 1154

Isn't 1154 what's showing on my screenshot? Sorry I'm just confused with this whole thing. Still not sure why my thread title was changed to "leaked os".

01-08-15 10:08 PM
    1154 is the newest official OS for classic (i assume this is what device you have because it's the only official device with 10.3.1)
    In that case, it's rather odd that there are reboots. What programs have you installed? I think third party software is probably the culprit
    01-08-15 10:36 PM
    Isn't 1154 what's showing on my screenshot? Sorry I'm just confused with this whole thing. Still not sure why my thread title was changed to "leaked os".

No idea about your title, but was just answering rcsgolf's question...

01-08-15 10:36 PM
    1154 is the newest official OS for classic (i assume this is what device you have because it's the only official device with 10.3.1)
    In that case, it's rather odd that there are reboots. What programs have you installed? I think third party software is probably the culprit
    I think so too. Either that or this may sound weird but I have a leather holster/pouch and it seems to happen mainly when it's taken in and out often. I feel the device warming up a bit too sometimes just sitting in the pouch. Not sure what the connection could be but I will try to carry it in my pocket for a while instead of having the magnetic pouch and see if it changes anything.

I haven't noticed anything weird with the cpu or anything running crazy in the background.

Apps are pretty standard. Only android ones I installed from Snap are instagram, netflix and waze.

01-08-15 11:09 PM
    I think so too. Either that or this may sound weird but I have a leather holster/pouch and it seems to happen mainly when it's taken in and out often. I feel the device warming up a bit too sometimes just sitting in the pouch. Not sure what the connection could be but I will try to carry it in my pocket for a while instead of having the magnetic pouch and see if it changes anything.

I haven't noticed anything weird with the cpu or anything running crazy in the background.

Apps are pretty standard. Only android ones I installed from Snap are instagram, netflix and waze.

Uninstall waze, tell me how it goes.

LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:15 PM
    Uninstall waze, tell me how it goes.
    I would try this ^
    I used a holster in the past and never had a problem. I do know that if android runtime stalls it can cause the system to reboot
    I'm no expert on the Classic device itself, but I haven't heard reports about reboots prior to this, so I don't think it's a hardware defect
    Waze had some problems in the past, so I wonder whether it's triggering GPS each time you pull out or put your device into holster (assuming it's running in background). That would explain when you do it very frequently, something may crash.
    01-08-15 11:20 PM
    I would try this ^
    I used a holster in the past and never had a problem. I do know that if android runtime stalls it can cause the system to reboot
    I'm no expert on the Classic device itself, but I haven't heard reports about reboots prior to this, so I don't think it's a hardware defect
    Waze had some problems in the past, so I wonder whether it's triggering GPS each time you pull out or put your device into holster (assuming it's running in background). That would explain when you do it very frequently, something may crash.
    Will give it a go. I will advise you guys that I had thought about the gps being an issue so I did have location services turned off in my latest reboot. But will definitely uninstall waze and see if I notice any change. Will report back.

Thanks again.

01-08-15 11:48 PM
    Misleading title has yet to be changed back to what I had originally I guess.

Sigh.

01-09-15 12:44 PM
    Might be simple! I was having "random reboots" for a couple days, and for the life of me couldt figure out what it was..until one day I was pulling my phone out my holster and was holding the top button for some reason and quickly figured out that button also RESETS the phone! Gave me a quick 3 seconds to cancel! So if one is pressing the button not realizing it your phone will reset/restart, without your immediate knowledge. I just kept seeing my open apps restarted and was scratching my head..after I realized what I was doing, it hasn't restarted again since. Hope this helps

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    01-09-15 10:33 PM
    Misleading title has yet to be changed back to what I had originally I guess.

Sigh.

I would start a new thread. People who could help may skip over this because of the title.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:39 AM
    I would start a new thread. People who could help may skip over this because of the title.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the tip.

I definitely wanted to avoid doing that as not to make duplicate threads or clutter the section in any way (despite minimal activity) but I guess I may have to. Love the community but kind of disappointed the thread got shot down, erroneously might I say, in the first reply by b1aze.

01-10-15 10:46 AM