Last week, I handed over my trusty Q10 to my partner and purchased a Classic. The Classic had been working fine up until this morning; shortly after taking it out of Bedside mode, various screens began to randomly flash about, primarily, screen reader and reboot. I let it reboot and it would get almost to the end of this process, stop and start over again. After the fifth or six failed attempt, I held down the power button and it eventually returned to the main screen, at which point the reboot screen flickered on and off a couple more times and then things returned to normal (I'm on the Telus network and my software release is 10.3.2.2474).

With this in mind, I'm wondering if this was a temporary glitch or if something more serious is afoot. I'm now at the seven day mark, so if I need to return it, I should plan to do so within the next two days. Any advice?
    05-25-16 07:02 AM
    I would hope I'm wrong but sounds like a corrupted OS.
    HereinHalifax likes this.
    05-25-16 07:27 AM
    If it were me i'd just take it back. Will be much easier and quicker to swap than trying to reload the OS etc

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    HereinHalifax likes this.
    05-25-16 07:50 AM
    If you have a warranty, return it and insist on replacement with a fresh handset - this is probably just firmware, but could be hardware-related.

I've seen BB10 do some weird stuff, but the only time I've experienced 'flashing' screen was when the display on my Z30 packed up.

You do NOT want to have to fall back on the BlackBerry warranty on the device - certainly in the UK, it is more or less worthless unless you have bought from Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:25 AM
    Last week, I handed over my trusty Q10 to my partner and purchased a Classic. The Classic had been working fine up until this morning; shortly after taking it out of Bedside mode, various screens began to randomly flash about, primarily, screen reader and reboot. I let it reboot and it would get almost to the end of this process, stop and start over again. After the fifth or six failed attempt, I held down the power button and it eventually returned to the main screen, at which point the reboot screen flickered on and off a couple more times and then things returned to normal (I'm on the Telus network and my software release is 10.3.2.2474).

With this in mind, I'm wondering if this was a temporary glitch or if something more serious is afoot. I'm now at the seven day mark, so if I need to return it, I should plan to do so within the next two days. Any advice?
    Sounds like a temporary glitch to me but if you are uneasy then return it. If you want to check the hardware, download and run BBVE from Blackberry World . Run the full test to make sure all hardware is working correctly.
    05-26-16 10:30 AM