Just wanted to post this here in case it helps anyone. I have scrolled through the classic forum a bit and seen multiple posts about batteries draining at very fast rates, and after some testing on mine, I think I have found one of the causes.

To start, the issue I am talking about is specifically the battery draining at a MUCH increased rate than it did before, even with absolutely nothing changing on the phone. I have experienced this multiple times since I purchased the phone and think I have it narrowed down.

What has caused mine, and yes I know this makes no sense, but I can now reliably reproduce it. When first taking the phone off of the charger/out of bedside mode in the morning, like most everyone else, I check emails and texts from the night. What I have found is that if I hit the refresh button (from the hub > "three dots" menu icon > refresh) that it puts the phone into some weird state where it just drains the battery at a super accelerated state. I don't know if it get's stuck refreshing or what, but I can reliably reproduce it now.

For a few weeks straight I tested this over and over. Some mornings I would NOT manually refresh the hub, some mornings I would. On the mornings when I did NOT manually refresh, the battery drained consistently at 2-6% per hour through out the day depending on use. On days where I did manually refresh, the battery plummeted at a rate of 15-25% per hour depending on use.

The fix, simple. Restart the phone by holding the end call button and choosing restart. No amount of process killing in task manager or time will make it stop. It will keep draining the battery until the phone is restarted.

To prevent the issue, simply don't manually refresh the hub until the phone has been awake and off the charger for a good hour or so to be safe.

Sounds dumb but it works!

Hope this helps some folks out there.
    04-12-16 02:19 PM
    I've never ever manually refreshed my hub.... but thx for the warning
    04-12-16 02:46 PM
    Whilst it may not be the root cause, it certainly is a factor, I remember doing it yesterday and all of a sudden, where there would normally be 50% or so from 6pm, it would more like be 30%.
    Truth is, the 'Refresh' function on the Hub is pants - e-mails and Twitter notifications are normally pushed anyway, I had to use the refresh function for the previous Facebook app for Facebook messages, that was it really lol

BBM @ 2C1C340C / Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    04-12-16 03:25 PM
    I can also verify that this was the cause of my battery issue. In the past week or so my battery has been killed in just a few hours, already tried to restart and run updates etc. I noticed my battery drain was 50% system which seemed odd. Ran across this post trying to figure out why it was doing this. I normally have my personal email set to refresh only once per day at a very specific time. When this bug was in effect, my personal emails were updating constantly. Once I restarted and went a couple days without manually refreshing the hub, my emails only refreshed at their normal specific time, and my battery did not drain quickly. Thanks CobaltClassic007!
    04-25-16 10:15 AM
    Well the odd battery drain problem has been going on for a while for me and I keep thinking that there is some program in a endless loop.
    Start my morning off with a fully charged phone and get to work with 70% left and I haven't done anything yet.
    I will look thru my settings but I don't know how to set the refresh times

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10
    04-25-16 01:26 PM
    Awesome finding. Glad you can reliably reproduce the issue. I'm sure a lot of people will find your post very helpful.

On a side note, I never refresh my hub.. emails get pushed faster than outlook, so I'm happy lol

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:28 AM