Death Becomes Her:
    It finally happened. I regret to inform you that I had to pull the plug on my beloved BlackBerry Classic. She took a nasty spill on pavement a few days ago while my dog was walking me. Since her fall, she would forget what she was doing (dropped calls) and could no longer focus (busted camera). I ask you to Curve your sadness for me. She was more than Bold, and will forever supp with kings in the halls of Berryhalla.

She was my daily driver for the better part of the past few years. She stuck around during a short fling with a younger and sexier iPhone 7+; then patiently sat at home in a drawer while I suffered the on-again/off-again woes of an immature KeyONE. She was the best pocket partner I’ve ever had the pleasure in typing on. I will miss her Berry much.

Die Hard with a Vengeance:
    With the current cellular landscape of ever-enlarging black mirrors, I did what any sensible self-respecting Berry Head would do. I bought a brand new BlackBerry Q10 from Amazon for more than I care to admit. Yep! We are just 12 months away from John Chen bricking every BB10 devices on the planet, and by God I am going to squeeze every Berry-loving drop out that I can.

The Whole Nine Yards:
    There are some weird differences between the Classic and the “new” Q10. Below are my observations:
    * Operating System Layout – The phone and Reminder app on the Q10 have a black background. On my Classic, they had white backgrounds. That was a welcomed surprise.
    * One-handed typing – More comfortable on the Q10.
    * Weight – The Q10 is obviously not as heavy, but she’s also better balanced for typing in my opinion. The difference is about 43g. Yes, I actually weighed them. Yes, I know how that must seem.
    * Tool Belt – I miss being able to twiddle my thumb over the nubby thing to move the cursor. If I wanted to lose the weight, I had to take the belt off.
    * Screen – The OLED screen on the Q10 is much brighter even on the lowest setting. Oh, and the blacks are much darker on the Q10. The screen is beautiful.
    * Speed – The Q10 is much snappier, but that could just be because it’s new.
    * Speaker – The Q10 seems louder and clearer. This could also just be that my Classic was seasoned with years of riveting podcasts.
    * Keyboard - They are very similar. The Classic is just a bit wider. Both feel amazing.
    * SIM card – The Classic takes a Nano SIM and the Q10 takes the retro-friendly Micro SIM.

Unbreakable:
    I spent the better part of last night “updating” and basically mirroring my Classic (rest her soul). I even outfitted the Q10 with a less-than figure flattering OtterBox Defender case. In the off-chance that she takes a tumble on the pavement on one of my puppy walks, she shouldn’t give up the ghost.

Look Who’s Talking :
    I’m not sure why I went on a whole Bruce Willis theme with this post. Maybe it’s because my wife and I just finished our annual yuletide Die Hard-athon. Anyways, I get that BB10 is EOL. I get it. I’m just not ready to say goodbye. Maybe you’ve moved on. But something tells me that if you have read all these ramblings, then maybe you haven’t. Maybe you and I are both Velcro-ed into the same Berry boat. And if that’s the case, than I’ll see you at the bottom my friend, because I am proudly going down with this ship.

Thanks for reading! Long live EOL! BB10 and proud!

➡ I ❤my  Classic & Q10
    Attached Thumbnails R.I.P. my beloved Classic. Hello Q10!-blackberry-classic-vs-q10.jpg  
    Last edited by harvland; 12-15-18 at 08:35 AM.
    12-14-18 07:59 PM
    great post, enjoyed it very much. see you there when the ship is sinking

Posted via CB10
    harvland likes this.
    12-14-18 09:06 PM
    Glad you were able to find a replacement - I felt the Q10 was a fine phone.

I went the opposite - from a Q10 to a Classic, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who duplicates their layouts from phone to phone.

 Classic SQC100-2 | 10.3.2.2813
    harvland and DWonder like this.
    12-14-18 09:22 PM
    I had to duplicate everything. My brain wasn't ready for change. The challenge is that I keep reaching for the toolbelt.

Enjoy your Classic! Oh, and may I recommend getting it a nice case.
    12-14-18 10:06 PM
    great post, enjoyed it very much. see you there when the ship is sinking

Posted via CB10
    LOL! See you there!
    12-14-18 10:08 PM
    A crazy BB fans!

Posted via CB10
    harvland likes this.
    12-15-18 03:18 AM
    Great post thanks for sharing, I'm with you, see you at the bottom of the ocean!

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    harvland and DWonder like this.
    12-15-18 07:11 AM
    Death Becomes Her:
    It finally happened. I regret to inform you that I had to pull the plug on my beloved BlackBerry Classic. She took a nasty spill on pavement a few days ago while my dog was walking me. Since her fall, she would forget what she was doing (dropped calls) and could no longer focus (busted camera). I ask you to Curve your sadness for me. She was more than Bold, and will forever supp with kings in the halls of Berryhalla.

She was my daily driver for the better part of the past few years. She stuck around during a short fling with a younger and sexier iPhone 7+; then patiently sat at home in a drawer while I suffered the on-again/off-again woes of an immature KeyONE. She was the best pocket partner I’ve ever had the pleasure in typing on. I will miss her Berry much.

Die Hard with a Vengeance:
    With the current cellular landscape of ever-enlarging black mirrors, I did what any sensible self-respecting Berry Head would do. I bought a brand new BlackBerry Q10 from Amazon for more than I care to admit. Yep! We are just 12 months away from John Chen bricking every BB10 devices on the planet, and by God I am going to squeeze every Berry-loving drop out that I can.

The Whole Nine Yards:
    There are some weird differences between the Classic and the “new” Q10. Below are my observations:
    * Operating System Layout – The phone and Reminder app on the Q10 have a black background. On my Classic, they had white backgrounds. That was a welcomed surprise.
    * One-handed typing – More comfortable on the Q10.
    * Weight – The Q10 is obviously not as heavy, but she’s also better balanced for typing in my opinion. The difference is about 43g. Yes, I actually weighed them. Yes, I know how that must seem.
    * Tool Belt – I miss being able to twiddle my thumb over the nubby thing to move the cursor. If I wanted to lose the weight, I had to take the belt off.
    * Screen – The OLED screen on the Q10 is much brighter even on the lowest setting. Oh, and the blacks are much darker on the Q10. The screen is beautiful.
    * Speed – The Q10 is much snappier, but that could just be because it’s new.
    * Speaker – The Q10 seems louder and clearer. This could also just be that my Classic was seasoned with years of riveting podcasts.
    * Keyboard - They are very similar. The Classic is just a bit wider. Both feel amazing.
    * SIM card – The Classic takes a Nano SIM and the Q10 takes the retro-friendly Micro SIM.

Unbreakable:
    I spent the better part of last night “updating” and basically mirroring my Classic (rest her soul). I even outfitted the Q10 with a less-than figure flattering OtterBox Defender case. In the off-chance that she takes a tumble on the pavement on one of my puppy walks, she shouldn’t give up the ghost.

Look Who’s Talking :
    I’m not sure why I went on a whole Bruce Willis theme with this post. Maybe it’s because my wife and I just finished our annual yuletide Die Hard-athon. Anyways, I get that BB10 is EOL. I get it. I’m just not ready to say goodbye. Maybe you’ve moved on. But something tells me that if you have read all these ramblings, then maybe you haven’t. Maybe you and I are both Velcro-ed into the same Berry boat. And if that’s the case, than I’ll see you at the bottom my friend, because I am proudly going down with this ship.

Thanks for reading! Long live EOL! BB10 and proud!

➡ I ❤my  Classic & Q10
    1. Harv, you're awesome and win BB10 Fan Of The Week.

2. We may all go down with the good ship BB10, but this Harry Stamper is trying to find ways to avert Armageddon. Don't give up while there's still time to make 800 feet!

Posted via CB10
    harvland and bb9900user2018 like this.
    12-15-18 11:11 AM
    1. Harv, you're awesome and win BB10 Fan Of The Week.

2. We may all go down with the good ship BB10, but this Harry Stamper is trying to find ways to avert Armageddon. Don't give up while there's still time to make 800 feet!

Posted via CB10
    Nice one!!! Keep drilling my friend. May you win the Last Man Standing award.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 11:43 AM
    I still can’t bring myself to part with BB10 and my Q10 - have 3 new spares just in case but my original is still going strong. Hoping for a slow 2019!
    harvland likes this.
    12-15-18 12:24 PM
    Best comment I've ever read here so far..Thanks for my IMMORTAL CLASSIC

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    harvland likes this.
    12-19-18 03:24 AM
    I had to duplicate everything. My brain wasn't ready for change. The challenge is that I keep reaching for the toolbelt.

Enjoy your Classic! Oh, and may I recommend getting it a nice case.
    I love the toolbelt too, as do many. It would be nice to see it again on a new BB.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-18 11:26 AM
    Nice one!!! Keep drilling my friend. May you win the Last Man Standing award.

Posted via CB10
    Curious, if wanting tool belt, just buy another Classic, they’re pretty inexpensive now.
    12-22-18 03:52 PM
    Curious, if wanting tool belt, just buy another Classic, they’re pretty inexpensive now.
    I just wanted to see what I was missing out on with the Q10. So far I'm enjoying it.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-18 04:01 PM
    how will every device be bricked in 12m? you mean the blackberry store?
    12-26-18 06:12 PM
    how will every device be bricked in 12m? you mean the blackberry store?
    It was a reference to official BB10 EOL shutdown date 12/31/2019 when BB turns off everything on their side. Not sure actual impact on each consumer.
    12-26-18 06:58 PM
    Good read Harv. I like this q10 so much, it has been a while since the sim has been switched to my q5, z30, or passport.

Posted via CB10
    harvland likes this.
    12-28-18 11:03 PM
    I still can’t bring myself to part with BB10 and my Q10 - have 3 new spares just in case but my original is still going strong. Hoping for a slow 2019!
    You're the Kim Kardashian of this group! Although she was stockpiling Bolds.
    ssirica and harvland like this.
    12-30-18 03:07 AM
    Still running a Classic and considering a Q10 myself as a 2nd carry phone. The compact size and light weight are a great combo.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 and harvland like this.
    01-01-19 07:04 AM
    Still running a Classic and considering a Q10 myself as a 2nd carry phone. The compact size and light weight are a great combo.

Posted via CB10
    With the LE, you may not get the compact size, but you'll get the light weight
    01-01-19 09:45 AM
    With the LE, you may not get the compact size, but you'll get the light weight
    Do you work for BBMob marketing?

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-01-19 08:02 PM
    Do you work for BBMob marketing?

Posted via CB10
    That’s like if you’re former BB10 marketing team member....
    01-01-19 09:08 PM
    That’s like if you’re former BB10 marketing team member....
    Maybe I should head on over the BB android forums and troll every thread? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 11:08 PM
    Maybe I should head on over the BB android forums and troll every thread? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Meh. That's quite the norm for some BB10 fanboys here. Less noisy though these past few months.
    01-02-19 01:05 AM
    good for you- Q10 is definitly an upgrade to classic (chen-berry), just like the Z30 is far superior than z3 (design consideration in every aspect except the price). Q10, Z30 and PP are the last pure BBs (from design/OS point of view). No short cuts, less trade offs. Take good care of your Q10 (it could take few more drop than classic, but don't test it ;-). IMHO. Enjoy.
    01-02-19 06:06 AM
27 12