1. Are you able to get Snapchat working?

2. Does Instagram work? If so, how do you find scrolling - any lag?

3. How long do Android apps take to open? Q10 took about 5 seconds, has this been improved? I know the Passport opened apps instantly.

4. How's performance in general? Can you tell there's an old dual-core processor in it?

5. Does BlackBerry still keep the screen really dim/can't turn off auto brightness?

Thanks.
    12-20-14 05:03 PM

3. How long do Android apps take to open? Q10 took about 5 seconds, has this been improved? I know the Passport opened apps instantly.

4. How's performance in general? Can you tell there's an old dual-core processor in it?

5. Does BlackBerry still keep the screen really dim/can't turn off auto brightness?

Thanks.
    I don't have a classic yet but my z10 is running 10.3.1 so I can generally answer those questions as they have similar internals.

1. SC works
    2. IG works and I'm not seeing any lag (but you will need to use the apk that Bla1ze uploaded somewhere (do a search) because the other versions crash when uploading a pic)
    3. Apps open quicker than 10.2.1
    4. Like I said, I don't have the classic yet but it should be comparable to performance on your q10 (although probably faster because 10.3.1 got a lot of optimizations done)
    5. You can't turn off the display but unlike the q10, the Classic does NOT use an amoled display afaik so the screen is significantly brighter (think iPhone bright)

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:33 PM
    Bumping this now that more people own the phone.
    12-22-14 10:14 PM

Thanks.

1. Using bbm,
    2. Dont use instagram, I know there is am app for it
    3. What I have installed launches ok
    4. Slower as my pp, bit faster as q10 it seems but could have gotten a bit more horsepower in my opinion. But I find it less obvious as on q10
    5. Brightness is really good and you can set it to whatever. Screen quality is actually very good although ppi is less. I find screen of classic very good

J

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 01:46 AM
    I can't see auto brightness, so you can decide how bright the Display is.
    Before I used a Z30 and I think the display is as good as the one of the Z30 or even better. Because of the complaints I thought it would be awful, but as always it's good to have the device in your hand before saying anything bad.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:30 AM