To the OP, earlier this year I got a Cobalt Blue Classic at the end of the Xmas holiday sale. I love it, though I don't really use the trackpad as much as I should, probably because I still use my Z30 and iPhone 6 Plus just as much. As for the latter I needed a battery replacement because I went through 1500 charging cycles in only a year and a half. Normally I would be endorsing the Classic enthusiastically because the toolbelt improves your UI. But with the pending BB10 demise, I suggest you buy a Q10, because in the long run, without an internal battery bringing your wonderful Classic experience to a halt after x amount of charging cycles, you can instead hoard Q10 replacement batteries! Anyone else in this here thread agree?

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    Agree!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 06:23 AM
    Everything is easier on the iPhone (when it comes to quality apps). It's also very easy to use android apps from the play store using Cobalt's method (takes like 5 minutes). Anyways, welcome back. Native BlackBerry email is better than iOS native email or outlook imo.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I've installed the Play Store on a lot of my devices using Cobalts guide and its worked perfectly.

I should have my Classic early next week and can't wait!
    04-29-16 09:16 AM
    , you can instead hoard Q10 replacement batteries! Anyone else in this here thread agree?

The Q20 battery is replaceable, it just takes a bit of care and attention. It's likely that stocks of both will remain available for quite some time.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 and Avenzuno like this.
    04-29-16 09:32 AM
    Get it its better than the iphone

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 and acovey like this.
    04-29-16 09:42 AM
    1. Correction, app support will end by 2016. WA should STILL work after that fact.

2. I just use Viber amongst those you mentioned and yes it doesn't work.

4. Again, I only use Vibe. You can still sideload Viber but it won't open and won't function properly.
    Viber doesn't work on a Classic? I use Viber a lot and I am on a Passport. I always assumed that what works on a Passport will also work on a Classic. I was thinking of buying a Classic as a backup to my Passport but if it doesn't run Viber then maybe it's processor is too slow or the memory is too low to run Viber.
    04-30-16 11:05 AM
    Viber works fine on my white classic! =)

Pinoy Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-01-16 01:53 AM
    If you want a Great device for text talk and emails this is the device for you but it Ends right there .
    05-01-16 06:58 AM
    Yes buy a Classic. I got mine 4 months ago and couldn't be happier N best phone I ever had. We need to spread the word for BlackBerry to keep it alive!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    05-01-16 10:38 AM
    Viber works fine on my white classic! =)

Pinoy Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    may I learn how did you download it? from vibers website or do I need to download a 3rd party thing to enable viber? Thanks
    05-01-16 06:25 PM
    Viber doesn't work on a Classic? I use Viber a lot and I am on a Passport. I always assumed that what works on a Passport will also work on a Classic. I was thinking of buying a Classic as a backup to my Passport but if it doesn't run Viber then maybe it's processor is too slow or the memory is too low to run Viber.
    used to own a Passport too then Viber suddenly stops working. Uninstall/Reinstall didn't do anything. Then when i got the Classic, I tried Viber again and it too doesn't work. All of my Viber installations are sideloads.
    05-06-16 10:26 PM
    Every night...it's someone NEW asking the same stupid question...why don't they make a sticky/thread lawddddd...!!!!!

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    05-07-16 01:31 AM
    Every night...it's someone NEW asking the same stupid question...why don't they make a sticky/thread lawddddd...!!!!!

Not everyone is as thoughtful as you

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    05-07-16 07:56 AM

Gtfo

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    05-08-16 10:24 AM
    To many questions, so buy it and get lucky. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    05-11-16 06:03 AM
    may I learn how did you download it? from vibers website or do I need to download a 3rd party thing to enable viber? Thanks
    I got it from Amazon Appstore. Still working.

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-11-16 07:30 AM
    Yes! Love my Cobalt Blue Classic! I'm going to run mine into the ground. I'm looking to a Q10 as a backup, to take over as my primary PKB device when BlackBerry throttles down to miniscule support for BB10 devices in government, the enterprise and the wild f/k/a the consumer market.

05-12-16 08:58 PM
    I want Bold 9930 still...

Posted via CB10
    acovey and AllanQuatermain like this.
    05-12-16 09:42 PM
    Don't get the classic, unless you just want a phone to call and sms, I suggest you wait for the new android phones and see what they have to offer, BlackBerry is a very unstable brand, their CEO has stated that if they are all but ready to shut down their hardware department.
    05-12-16 10:49 PM
    Don't get the classic, unless you just want a phone to call and sms, I suggest you wait for the new android phones and see what they have to offer, BlackBerry is a very unstable brand, their CEO has stated that if they are all but ready to shut down their hardware department.
    DO GET A Classic, I think you may be on the wrong form?
    05-12-16 11:46 PM
    DO GET A Classic, I think you may be on the wrong form?
    Can you provide anything besides your passion, to prove your point that the OP should get a classic?
    05-13-16 07:11 AM
    Can you provide anything besides your passion, to prove your point that the OP should get a classic?
    Anything you can do, I can do better.
    I can do anything better than you.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 09:55 AM
    I personally think the Classic is the best email messaging phone out there.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 10:16 AM
    Anything you can do, I can do better.
    I can do anything better than you.

Posted via CB10
    I'll just pretend I didn't see that, and spare you the list of things that BB10 and it's 4.3 RT can't do.
    05-13-16 06:02 PM
    Imho there's no reason to get a Classic IF you already own a BB10 device. Fact is that the OS is dying - not only because of the lack of updates or the death of WhatsApp by the end of the year but also and rather because of non-existing and old 'left-behind' apps (I'm speaking about productive and necessary apps) which mostly haven't been updated for months / years in BBW.
    But if you don't need more than the basic stuff like phoning/texting/mails and a minimal use of basic apps then it will be a fine purchase since the Classic is an awesome device to handle these operations.
    I'm owning a Classic myself and used to have a SE and a Q10 next to it. While I kept the Q10 as a backup phone to (hopefully not too soon) replace my Classic someday, when it happens to die - I sold the SE (and it was NOT easy for me to let it go) just because I didn't and don't see the reason to keep two/three BB10 devices whichs OS is going EOL soon (or already is). Especially the lack of not having WhatsApp at the end of the year hit me quite hard since everyone (student friends, professor, family, friends) here is using this messaging app to communicate with each other so there's no way I could try to convince them all using BBM..
    With all that being said, I'm actually quite happy with my Classic since it fulfills all my needs. It's a gorgeous device (especially the blue version), my main driver for my student needs, has in my opinion the best keyboard (on par with the Passport se in terms of clickiness) of all BB pkb devices and on top of that it has a toolbelt which can be often quite handy.

posted via my Blueberry
    Last edited by xKingHopy; 05-14-16 at 02:25 AM.
    05-13-16 06:09 PM
    Sure a few are it's BB10, it has a PKB and if you are old and have shakey fingers like me you can actually use the keyboard, it comes with many built in apps you may only have to add a few if any, it is very solid and well built, the battery live for me is on average two days, the screen is bigger than my beloved 9810, it has no ads or spyware.
    05-14-16 01:48 AM
63 123