Hello!

I recently became aware of the Blackberry Classic and it makes me miss my Curve 8310.

I stopped by the AT&T store at lunch today and they don't carry the Classic (or any other Blackberry) in-store because they said they only sell about three Blackberry's per year and they weren't able to answer any questions that I had, which led me to here.

I, along with my wife and kids currently are using iPhones. I use Outlook for email, which I assume I can use on the Blackberry since it supports Android. Texts won't be a problem, though they won't be through iMessage, but I worry about syncing the calendars with the iPhones. Does the calendar sync through an email?

I also assume that pictures won't be able to be shared automatically as with the iPhone.

I've also read that my iTunes can be loaded on the Classic?

Worse case, I pay $50 bucks for the Classic and return it in two weeks if I find that it just won't work for me, or I keep the Classic and use the iPhone at home with wi fi or as an iPod.

What else, either positive or negative am I missing?

Brian
    03-04-15 02:32 PM
    Calendar syncing is automatic for all of my accounts (Gmail, work, Facebook). Outlook is even better since you can use ActiveSync.

Regarding pictures sharing, i'm not sure what you mean. I set up OneDrive and it automatically backs up any pictures taken over WiFi, if that's what you meant.‎

Aside from all that, lots of people have already posted their feelings on the Classic. I like it a LOT. Some didn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:39 PM
    You can connect your Gmail, or ME account on the blackberry and it sync the calendar, contacts, and email.

As far as photo stream or icloud based photos your best bet would be to set up a dropbox or a onedrive account and have the photos saved there and then also create accounts for your iphones as well so you can all have access to those pictures. At least that's what I'm doing with my classic, passport, and iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Brian Englert likes this.
    03-04-15 03:04 PM
    Thanks. I think I'm going to go with the Blackberry!
    stevepar likes this.
    03-04-15 03:20 PM
    Go for it! You'll be amazed at how great these devices are.
    03-04-15 03:24 PM
    Go for it! You'll be amazed at how great these devices are.
    ^^^^^+1000^^^^^
    I still use Z10 but wife just switched from iPhone and second day on phone and loving it.....i told her if she wasn't happy, no biggie, I would get her whatever she wanted that would work for her.....she said nope, it's perfect
    I was really impressed with the Classic, wasn't sure about toolbelt but with straight keyboard design, it works wonderfully

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    03-04-15 04:24 PM
    Outlook, whether a work-based Exchange service or Outlook.com, syncs almost instantly. Contacts, calendar, all seamless. Faster than on an iphone because iphones see outlook as imap where BlackBerry sees it as activesync.

No idea on itunes. I have my onedrive account set up on all our devices, so we can all see everyone's photos. Works great.

Also, if you subscribe to outlook 365, you get unlimited cloud storage and can download full office desktop apps to 5 pc's.
    03-04-15 05:38 PM
    When you do switch please write a review with your experience. I'm very interested :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:59 PM
    If you use an iphone and are moving to a classic, you can keep using your icloud account on your classic. Just set up the icloud account in the accounts settings and it will sync your mail, contacts and calendar on the classic.Just like on the iphone. Pictures it will not, I believe...not really tried. Music you have to move over manually.
    Brian Englert likes this.
    03-05-15 09:19 AM
    Be sure to watch videos and tutorials; BB10 has all kinds of tricks and goodies in its OS. Any other questions, CB members can help with.

From a Z30
    03-05-15 11:08 AM
    Another thing you can do is use Device Switch app on your iPhone and new BlackBerry to transfer everything over. this is the website -> Device Switch
    03-05-15 12:07 PM
    Another thing you can do is use Device Switch app on your iPhone and new BlackBerry to transfer everything over. this is the website -> Device Switch
    I used this method to transfer everything. Works great

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:30 PM
    Hello!

I recently became aware of the Blackberry Classic and it makes me miss my Curve 8310.

I stopped by the AT&T store at lunch today and they don't carry the Classic (or any other Blackberry) in-store because they said they only sell about three Blackberry's per year and they weren't able to answer any questions that I had, which led me to here.

I, along with my wife and kids currently are using iPhones. I use Outlook for email, which I assume I can use on the Blackberry since it supports Android. Texts won't be a problem, though they won't be through iMessage, but I worry about syncing the calendars with the iPhones. Does the calendar sync through an email?

I also assume that pictures won't be able to be shared automatically as with the iPhone.

I've also read that my iTunes can be loaded on the Classic?

Worse case, I pay $50 bucks for the Classic and return it in two weeks if I find that it just won't work for me, or I keep the Classic and use the iPhone at home with wi fi or as an iPod.

What else, either positive or negative am I missing?

Brian
    I set up my icloud email address in my BlackBerry (XXX@icloud.com) and only sync my calendar and works great as my wife uses an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:47 PM
    iTunes cannot be loaded on the Classic.

Other than that, this is the best phone I've had in years.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you can still load the songs through BB Link. If I remember correctly when you first load link it asks what media you want to sync with, Itunes or Windows media.
    03-06-15 09:58 AM
    You don't need to load itunes. All your itunes music will and does sink easily through BlackBerry Link, which you download to your computer. Put BBM on all devices, the app is now cross platform, and you can communicate securely.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    03-06-15 10:16 AM
    I swapped from iphone to Classic, I've had it for 3 weeks now and I'm absolutely loving my classic! All accounts are synced. I used deviceswitch and then BlackBerry blend to put the rest of the pictures into my phone. It syncs with blend on my computer, otherwise I think box or dropbox works too. Classic also has nfc so bring up a pic, bump the phone to another phone with nfc and they get the picture
    I doubt you'll regret going classic!

Posted via the cutest little fantastic phone ever!
    AthenaSmith and freddysrevng3 like this.
    03-06-15 10:31 AM
    you are making a big mistake...
    03-06-15 10:58 AM
    Syncing and pushing works much better on the BlackBerry as compared to iphone 6.

Trust me. I was so frustrated with my iphone 6. The classic works much better.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:40 AM
    I used an iphone 6 and now I'm back to the classic. Iphone 6 is horrible at emails and email push.

Posted via CB10
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    03-07-15 09:41 AM
    What's Iphone?

Posted via CB10
    Franc Brugueras likes this.
    03-07-15 02:02 PM
    Well, I received my Classic this morning and I think once I get everything transferred is going to be a great replacement for the iPhone.
    03-09-15 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can sync most of your iTunes account through BlackBerry Link....
    03-17-15 12:11 PM
    you are making a big mistake...
    Gotta love the trolls ...they offer so much detail in their never-ending generic hit and run bashing.

OP, your only "mistake" was staying in the iBorg for so long. With the exception of apps or accessories specifically designed for Iphone only, you can pretty much do any typical smartphone function on a classic (or any BB10) that you can with the iPhone, and many things you can do faster, and there's some things you just can't do on an iPhone at all. Siri is probably better overall, if that's really important to you, but it's had about a 5 year head start so I would guess BB assistant will catch up with its speed of response.
    03-17-15 12:31 PM
    All the questions that you have are solve properly with the clasisic.

I'm from a similar situation, i was using my iphone 4 for 2 years, but about a month ago i pick the classic, i never use a blackberry but i don't miss any function, even more i can say that i'm more productive with the classic. I think that is a good choice.

Don't doubt it, choose classic!

Posted with my BlackBerry Classic!
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-17-15 01:43 PM