It's kind of funny. Wasn't the complaint in the beginning about how there isn't any room on the Q10 to do the swipe up because the screen is too close to the keyboard, how if there was space between the keyboard and the screen that the gestures would have been easier. Now they say the space between the keyboard and the screen will kill the ability to do the gestures?? That track pad does not do directly to the edge of the screen, and physical buttons require a "push" to activate, swiping over the buttons will not affect anything...
    Q10Bold and Barbareren like this.
    02-26-14 02:10 AM
    It sure is better than the first one, but still both clearly follow the design language of the Z30.

Posted via my Q10 | LG GPAD 8.3
    02-26-14 06:45 AM
    I like the looks of this phone. And can honestly say that I will be waiting for this and NOT getting the q10. Bigger screen and bigger keyboard - count me in!
    02-27-14 12:16 AM
    The square screen....

Still holding out hope for a Q30 to materialize...
    02-27-14 07:32 AM
    I would love the soft, smooth, rounded metal edges and leather back of the Bold 9000. However, the round yet sharp metal edges of the 9900 were also pleasing.

That said, I like this render of the Q20. No wasted space and all the functionality I want from a BlackBerry. I'd be happy to buy it.

One more thought, the curved keyboard is easier to type on than the straight one. Just a little more physically balanced. Also nicer to look at.

Magnificently composed using CB10 on my BB Z10!
    jlsr and Johberry like this.
    02-27-14 09:59 AM
    One more thought, the curved keyboard is easier to type on than the straight one. Just a little more physically balanced. Also nicer to look at.
    The moment I saw the Q10's straight line keyboard, my first thought that came to my mind was that someone decided to slap it on the all touch Z10 as an "afterthought". There was no tool belt, trackpad, home screen shortcuts, and not even speed dial. It's obviously meant strictly as a "typing pad".

Re curved keyboard, anyone who hold the 9900, for example, and move both thumbs, will find that they follow exactly the pattern of the curve, a most natural combination. The additional line of functional keys can easily be placed straight to the screen just as the 99000, just two phone buttons on both ends are smaller, which is perfectly fine. Curved keyboard is aesthetically pleasing too.
    02-27-14 11:50 AM
    How will you do the Hub (up and right) gesture?
    I don't do the "up/right" swipe to get to the hub on either my Q10 or Z10, I just swipe to the right. Works every time.
    Last edited by Frehley; 02-27-14 at 06:15 PM. Reason: punctuation
    02-27-14 06:11 PM
    It's mine.
    02-27-14 06:13 PM
    The moment I saw the Q10's straight line keyboard, my first thought that came to my mind was that someone decided to slap it on the all touch Z10 as an "afterthought". There was no tool belt, trackpad, home screen shortcuts, and not even speed dial. It's obviously meant strictly as a "typing pad".

Re curved keyboard, anyone who hold the 9900, for example, and move both thumbs, will find that they follow exactly the pattern of the curve, a most natural combination. The additional line of functional keys can easily be placed straight to the screen just as the 99000, just two phone buttons on both ends are smaller, which is perfectly fine. Curved keyboard is aesthetically pleasing too.
    I hope that they return to the "smiley face" keyboard layout...the curved keyboard (to me) is much better for typing than the Q10.
    02-27-14 06:14 PM
    It's mine.
    Q20 Render-breakdown.jpg
    02-27-14 06:20 PM
    I hope that they return to the "smiley face" keyboard layout...the curved keyboard (to me) is much better for typing than the Q10.
    You know what?
    Considering that BBRY has been trying to restore as many 9900 functionalities as the BB10 has lost or dropped, as well as some hardware features such as the trackpad and the tool belt etc. (yes, they might as well return the smiley keyboard too), they would have been much better off by starting copying & implanting 9900 on the BB10 platform and taken it from there :-). I wonder what would have happened then.
    BTW, I am talking strictly about the Q model. Z series can evolve without such hardware restoration. In fact, it would be a disaster if they put the trackpad on the Z series.
    02-27-14 08:28 PM
    I've noticed that all of these renders of the Q20 so far do not include the blackberry logo and wording on the front of the screen. Just an interesting point.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 03:51 AM
    And they always have it. Just look at the Q5, without the label there would be enough space for the belt.

On the Bold 9900 the BlackBerry label is above the screen and the carrier label is below the keyboard.

- From Z10 back to 9900 after 3 months. Come Q20!
    03-01-14 09:17 AM
    Looks good.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 04:03 PM
    You mean like hitting the "T" or the "Y" on the Q10?
    Is it just me or does the upswipe gesture look almost impossible to do with the trackpad and buttons there.
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-03-14 04:40 PM
    Love this rendering. I think the area below the screen of the Q10 is too narrow making it hard to swipe up. Hopefully with the tool belt, we don't have to swipe up to minimize an app.

? CB10 ?
    03-03-14 05:13 PM
    Love this rendering. I think the area below the screen of the Q10 is too narrow making it hard to swipe up. Hopefully with the tool belt, we don't have to swipe up to minimize an app.

? CB10 ?
    Press BlackBerry button, return to main icon screen. Long hold BlackBerry button, return to live tiles.

Have the option to reverse those depending on user preference.

That would be nice.
    03-04-14 02:34 PM
    No black boxes, yes!
    ah good catch!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    03-04-14 02:48 PM
    I think the Q20 should just be the Q10 elongated with the Belt between the top fret of the keyboard and the BlackBerry logo.

Any renders that don't have a BlackBerry logo below the screen aren't realistic (in that the "real" device will have the BlackBerry logo hopefully below the screen, for the thumb swipe gestures to land.).
    Johberry likes this.
    03-04-14 04:04 PM
    I think the Q20 should just be the Q10 elongated with the Belt between the top fret of the keyboard and the BlackBerry logo.

Any renders that don't have a BlackBerry logo below the screen aren't realistic (in that the "real" device will have the BlackBerry logo hopefully below the screen, for the thumb swipe gestures to land.).
    Good point. I didn't see the BlackBerry logo in either of the rendering. The artist should take th?y into account.

? CB10 ?
    03-04-14 10:31 PM
    I agree I have a note 3 too and selecting text sucks. There is 1 main reason why I got a q10 keyboard, also I really miss the bold trackpad. I can't even come close to understanding why people think there will be any issue with the swipe up on the q20/q30)

This track pad BlackBerry seems to be very controversial lol so many mixed emotions. Think about it? Think back to your curve or bold with the track pad.. did you not enjoy it? I know I did, it was so easy to slide through letters and words. I don't know about anyone else but touch screen phones make it a little difficult to be exact with selecting word's on a screen even when using a 5" screen . I like the idea of the track pad.. adds to ease of use.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    03-13-14 11:17 PM
    They could make a shortcut to jump straight into the hub quite easily. But in order to do the peak, I think you would still need to do a swiping gesture. Like people have said, the belt and trackpad will be an addition to the existing BB10 UX, not a replacement.

I'm using my Q10 right now, and when I swipe from the bottom of the screen, I don't always touch the keyboard. They will definitely need some bezel space, on top of a some software algorithms that ignore the touches to the top of the trackpad if a swipe is registered immediately after.

I'm not a BlackBerry engineer, so no need to pick this apart. Obviously they've figured it out if they're already advertising it.

Posted via CB10
    I've found that as long as you're in the bottom 15% of the screen, or maybe even more, it'll do the minimize or peek gesture correctly. The trackpad will not come anywhere close to getting in the way of this...
    03-14-14 11:38 PM
    The Q10's keyboard is great, but the design of the 9900 series was good as well. I expect that if they bring back the track pad, they'll also bring back the curved keyboard. The render isn't terrible, but I prefer the rounder edges of the Q10 and 9900s. The render is too rectangular for my tastes.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    03-16-14 08:59 PM
    The Q10's keyboard is great, but the design of the 9900 series was good as well. I expect that if they bring back the track pad, they'll also bring back the curved keyboard. The render isn't terrible, but I prefer the rounder edges of the Q10 and 9900s. The render is too rectangular for my tastes.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    +1. I love the design of the 99xx.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    03-18-14 04:12 PM
    The keyboard can be angled again since the belt is back.

Also, swiping up won't be necessary with the belt. You just hit the red "end call" button and it should do the exact same thing.

Posted via CB10
    hope to god they bring back the angle, only reason I loved BB keyboards, straight fret was such a step backwards

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:38 PM
50 12