When Q10 (and later Q5) released, I was uneasy. The "mouse" was conspicuous by absence. The Qwerty user experience includes both the keyset and mouse. The entire design department should have been sacked last summer for messing with an all-weather feature. It was a cabal - I ranted and raved to all.

Amid media scrutiny and stock market chaos, John Chen listened to the real BlackBerry user class. Now, history will remember Q20 as the real big jump from Bold 9900 and OS 7. Now there is a quiet smile on my face as the cognitive dissonance of 2013 has vanished.

As for specs, it is obvious everything will be double of Q10. That means a 28-hour talk time ! Enough to become the workhorse of a self-respecting employer.
    Last edited by mas.quemex; 03-04-14 at 06:26 AM.
    03-03-14 09:19 AM
    Well, I agree that the Q20 will be a great device. As far as "real", I would say that Z10, Q5, and Z30 owners also feel their devices are real BlackBerry devices.
    03-03-14 09:27 AM
    I still believe that the people complaining about the gesture based, buttonless OS, are thumbless! :-|
    brunolovesbrit and Ray UM like this.
    03-03-14 09:34 AM
    Don't agree with the OP, necessarily. Love the Q10. But I am looking forward to using the Q20. It will be a great addition to the line up.
    03-03-14 09:38 AM
    Well, that's the OP's opinion.
    In my opinion the OS renders the trackpad useless.

Yes, I know the gripes. They aren't many. Even text selection is a breeze whe you allow yourself to get the knack of it.

? Q1O
    BB_Junky and Ray UM like this.
    03-03-14 10:19 AM
    I wouldn't say that. The 9900 had a touchscreen too. Some people made the most of it...some didn't. it's a matter of preference.
    Well, that's the OP's opinion.
    In my opinion the OS renders the trackpad useless.

Yes, I know the gripes. They aren't many. Even text selection is a breeze whe you allow yourself to get the knack of it.

? Q1O
    fkornre likes this.
    03-03-14 10:25 AM
    I suspect blackberry will make software changes to makke BB10 more track pad friendly. So don't just look at BB10 right now and say a track pad wouldn't help.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-03-14 09:33 PM
    I will appreciate the ability to have both touch and trackpad/buttons, with the modern OS. Best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and acovey like this.
    03-04-14 08:07 AM
    I have to say that iam really miss the trackpad and the back button like in bold 9900. I wish these feature would be availble in Blackberry Q20.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    acovey likes this.
    03-04-14 08:20 AM
    I found placing the cursor before the first letter is a bit tough at times. If BlackBerry designers could squeeze in the tool belt without sacrificing the screen real estate, it'll be awesome.

? CB10 ?
    03-04-14 09:29 AM
    I wouldn't quite say real yet. I mean at the moment it doesn't exist, hardly real.
    Here's hoping for a real improvement with the Q20
    acovey likes this.
    03-05-14 12:40 PM
    I found placing the cursor before the first letter is a bit tough at times. If BlackBerry designers could squeeze in the tool belt without sacrificing the screen real estate, it'll be awesome.

? CB10 ?
    That's right. That fine placement can be a little challenge. Bring the tool belt, if there is demand for it, and the "laggacy" users :-) can finally make their switch.

My question is: What will the travel time be like, when moving the thumb between touchscreen and keyboard, how will it affect the BB10 experience (swipe up, speedy execution, etc.)?

Said it elsewhere, please add WASD arrow keys / combo for cursor placement. Existing Q10 users would appreciate. Also a key shortcut to accept / reject / terminate calls, without having to enter the phone app while doing something else during a call.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-10-14 03:53 PM
    I don't agree with bring back the track pad or dedicated keys......at least not in the physical format. Is there room to improve BB10? Absolutely!

However I would have preferred a virtual solution for those folks that are absolutely convinced that a trackpad and dedicated key are necessary. At least with a virtual solution you would have the best of both worlds, tool bar and ability to hide that tool bar if screen real estate was desired.

But I still feel as though you'd be feeding into the perception that "it's the same old BlackBerry " because the new devices will look similar to the old ones. And that in my eyes, shouldn't be what we want to present.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 04:17 PM

? CB10 ?
    May I suggest to imagine the circle as a cicle with an X in it? The sector "west" when tapped, moves the circle by 1 letter... so first, bring up the circle by tapping once in the middle of the 1st word, then tap "west, west, west, till you come to the desired position... works in all directions (screenshots were difficult to make, but I succeeded in it)... here's explained... easy!

Q20 - the real BlackBerry smartphone !-img_20140310_222156.png

Q20 - the real BlackBerry smartphone !-img_20140310_222229.png

Q20 - the real BlackBerry smartphone !-img_20140310_222245.png

Selecting works the same way, by keeping one finger on the shift key, then, the cursor moves and text is selected.

Q20 - the real BlackBerry smartphone !-img_20140310_222903.png

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102[/QUOTE]
    Ray UM likes this.
    03-10-14 04:24 PM
    Double posted instead of editing previous post.
    Attached Thumbnails Q20 - the real BlackBerry smartphone !-img_20140310_222903.png  
    03-10-14 04:29 PM
    With Blackberry we will have choices, with the other brands we have the same, and more of the same.
    03-10-14 04:43 PM
    I hope it comes out the same time as the iPhone 6. I will be getting a new phone this year and would like to choose between those two.
    Last edited by co4nd; 03-10-14 at 05:30 PM.
    03-10-14 05:01 PM
    I hope it's at least 2GB ram, 2GHz dual-core processor (quad-core would be nice), better battery and a much better front and rear facing camera! I hope they take their time to perfect it and its software before release. I don't mind waiting for a great product
    03-10-14 08:26 PM
    I don't agree with bring back the track pad or dedicated keys......at least not in the physical format. Is there room to improve BB10? Absolutely!

However I would have preferred a virtual solution for those folks that are absolutely convinced that a trackpad and dedicated key are necessary. At least with a virtual solution you would have the best of both worlds, tool bar and ability to hide that tool bar if screen real estate was desired.

But I still feel as though you'd be feeding into the perception that "it's the same old BlackBerry " because the new devices will look similar to the old ones. And that in my eyes, shouldn't be what we want to present.

Posted via CB10
    Again, no it wouldn't. Physical keys with a tactile feel are easy to identify and press without having to look at the device. There are a lot of things you can do with physical keys that a virtual key cannot. If that wasn't the case then why even have a physical keyboard?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-12-14 01:24 AM
    It's funny how people say virtual keys would work for as well. If that were the case, nobody would want the Q10.
    Again, no it wouldn't. Physical keys with a tactile feel are easy to identify and press without having to look at the device. There are a lot of things you can do with physical keys that a virtual key cannot. If that wasn't the case then why even have a physical keyboard?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-12-14 09:06 PM
    I think it's redundant to have gesture based and track pad..IMO the track pad is just taking up valuable screen real estate.

posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    Ray UM likes this.
    03-12-14 11:46 PM
    As for specs, it is obvious everything will be double of Q10. That means a 28-hour talk time ! Enough to become the workhorse of a self-respecting employer.
    I don't know, I don't have triple of the Z10 in my Z30. I'd love to have six cores and 6GB of RAM, though.

But on a side note, while I was looking through pictures of MWC, I found this:

Q20 - the real BlackBerry smartphone !-dcp_140225_1464.jpg

I may just be seeing things, but is that a trackpad tie?
    03-13-14 03:40 PM
    I TROLOLOLOLOL'ed hard about the belt complainers.

Hey, I have an idea. Lets do all with touch screens.

Why driving a car with a real wheel??? Lets drive via touch YYAAAAAAYYY!!!!

What? Bycycles have no touch to drive?? Lame.

Why does my laptop has a real keyboard??? Thats not cool with my hipster jeans and political correct sissy views. We need touch keyboards! It's way cooler. Yaaaaaayyyy!!!
    allwi, th.1977, iamagod and 1 others like this.
    03-13-14 04:00 PM
    When Q10 (and later Q5) released, I was uneasy. The "mouse" was conspicuous by absence. The Qwerty user experience includes both the keyset and mouse. The entire design department should have been sacked last summer for messing with an all-weather feature. It was a cabal - I ranted and raved to all.

Amid media scrutiny and stock market chaos, John Chen listened to the real BlackBerry user class. Now, history will remember Q20 as the real big jump from Bold 9900 and OS 7. Now there is a quiet smile on my face as the cognitive dissonance of 2013 has vanished.
    Kudos mate!!
    I agree to the dot.
    The Q20 will be the phone which will be remembered a lot in the future as much as the BOLD series the Blackberry was known for.
    2013 will be a forcefully forgettable year for Blackberry for sure. Although it also gave us BB fans a stir and shake experience of what can technology trends do to our lives.
    After all; practicality, convenience and no nonsense technology is always the winner.

Amen!!!
    But expecting double of all.... hmmm.. That is albeit far fetched in reality, I guess.

Decent battery life; like what we enjoyed in the good old days of 9700/9780, That will be crucial to make the Q20 the champ. Z30 has proven it once again.
    "No more wall huggin"
    03-14-14 10:58 PM
    This thread is funny. OP must be a jester living in a magical land far, far away. Nobody will remember the Q20. By all accounts it will fade into obscurity before it is even out. Mistake #1, announcing a product 7+ months before it will be released and not even having a concept to present. It actually looks more like "oh, by the way" than "holy cow look what we have for you".

BlackBerry Q20 as a device will flop harder than the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:15 AM
81 123 ...