I want a 4:3 screen and NO tool belt. If not, I will stick with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:49 AM
    guess ur stickin with the q10 then cuz this "blackberry classic" is gonna have the belt and a 1:1 screen
    04-11-14 08:17 AM
    Don't understand the big deal with the trackpad. I loved my 9930 but my Q10 is ten times better. Only reason I needed the trackpad was cause the screen was so small on my 9930. Plus the OS relied heavily on the trackpad as well. Now their going to bring it back with a bigger screen. Means more real-estate in my pocket. Love the size of the Q10. Yes, I could use a bigger screen put a trackpad is just a waste of space. BB10 is a gesture based OS which is the reason I upgraded to BB10.

White on White Q10 Baby!
    04-11-14 09:44 AM
    Don't understand the big deal with the trackpad. I loved my 9930 but my Q10 is ten times better. Only reason I needed the trackpad was cause the screen was so small on my 9930. Plus the OS relied heavily on the trackpad as well. Now their going to bring it back with a bigger screen. Means more real-estate in my pocket. Love the size of the Q10. Yes, I could use a bigger screen put a trackpad is just a waste of space. BB10 is a gesture based OS which is the reason I upgraded to BB10.

White on White Q10 Baby!
    Many people don't see the need because they don't have the need. Different people have different needs. It all depends on what you're doing with the device. Some of us find operating a glass "gesture" device with a single hand to be unnecessarily inefficient. Not that it can't be done, but it's not the most efficient way to do it. For us. The 9930's screen size works for our use because our fingers don't have to fit on the screen. Fingers and virtual keyboards take up real estate also. Real estate that a trackpad just doesn't require.

Try editing an excel spreadsheet with one thumb on one hand on your Q. Not that you have any need to do so but the exercise might help you understand why some of us value the trackpad interface.

Trackpad is a newer innovation than the glass touch interface. Even with gestures, the Z's all glass interface was a step back, technologically, for some us.
    Last edited by idssteve; 04-11-14 at 11:10 AM.
    04-11-14 10:56 AM
    I wouldn't say that. The 9900 had a touchscreen too. Some people made the most of it...some didn't. it's a matter of preference.
    I bought the phone 'just because' it was a BB device...I was startled after using it for a while and seeing that it was touchscreen. That soon gave way to utter confusion when I saw that everything I could do with the screen was capable from the touchpad. The touchscreen seemed pointless when paired with the touchpad, so I'm curious to see how it's integrated into BB10.

In my opinion, the Q10 seems to have a perfect blend of touchscreen and hardware keys usage.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:47 PM
    The tool belt is not just about making the new phone less new looking for old stodgy execs, it's about providing the best possible interface...

All-touch OSes represent a compromise at best, they provide larger screens (which I love) but they sacrifice interface efficiency (which I hate more than my love for big screens) for us heavy communicators...

I Feel that this Q20 device is not a nod to the past as much as it is a tip of the hat to what BlackBerry has done extremely, and uniquely well.

Wow...you've literally expressed my entire series of thoughts about my mobile phones over the past few years, particularly with the advent of BB10. Thanks for expressing it so concisely, lol. I now understand why I'm equally elated and frustrated with my Q10...I think.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 08:04 PM
81 ... 234