The tool belt is not just about making the new phone less new looking for old stodgy execs, it's about providing the best possible interface.

I love gestures. I find them intuitive and, frankly, a little fun. I also know that they take longer to execute than a button press at the bottom of the screen. Having both on the same device is almost embarrassingly exciting for me. Versatility of a virtually unlimited number of possible gestures with new functions? Awesome. Being able to disconnect a call while the phone screen is off? Priceless.

Bb10 clearly has the best text selection of any all-touch os but every time I have to do it (many times each day) I feel like I'm driving to an important meeting but getting stopped at every red light behind a loaded bus. I remember my trackpad and shortcuts fondly here.

Zooming in on a web page to get click accuracy blows. Clicking the top menu option because there's no hover blows. No redeeming attributes here.

All-touch OSes represent a compromise at best, they provide larger screens (which I love) but they sacrifice interface efficiency (which I hate more than my love for big screens) for us heavy communicators.

This Q20 phone will be a huge step towards combining the best that BlackBerry has contributed to the mobile business world.

I Feel that this Q20 device is not a nod to the past as much as it is a tip of the hat to what BlackBerry has done extremely, and uniquely well.
    04-07-14 07:20 AM
    Back on the Bold 9900 and loving it. Q20 can't come fast enough!

Too bad I wasted my upgrade on the Z10. It's a cute toy, but doesn't hold a candle to the productivity and ergonomics of a Bold.
    Anatomy likes this.
    04-07-14 09:12 AM
    I was about to type this elaborate reply about my HTC One, my 9930 and Q10 trial. But I'm just gonna say this... I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE Q20!! And Sprint had better carry it!
    Anatomy likes this.
    04-07-14 11:41 AM
    The belt wouldn't bring me back. It would've kept me had they not gotten rid of it on the Q10. But after migrating to another brand, no, it won't bring me back. I've unfortunately gotten comfortable enough to barely squeak by typing on glass, as much as it sux. Plus I don't want to give up the huge screen of the note 2. Just wish BlackBerry would come out with a snap-on BB keyboard that would go over the top of all glass phones. But.... That won't happen

Sent from my former crackberry lovin fingiz
    04-07-14 06:21 PM
    Keyboards for life. I hate ?glass" keyboards. Thanks for the term previous poster.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-07-14 07:06 PM
    Wish mine did =(

04-07-14 09:10 PM
    Another keyboardist here. I'd buy a Q20 for full price on the day it launches. I'm really loving the idea of a BB10 phone with the classic trackpad and utility belt.

Posted via CB10
    Anatomy and Johberry like this.
    04-08-14 01:36 AM
    When I talk to my peers from all over the world all of which are frequent travelers, almost none of them knows that there even exists BlackBerry 10 devices. When I tell them that I have a Blackberry they immediately think of a legacy device. Once I show them my Z30 they all react in the same way, which is surprised and curious. I wonder if BlackBerry could be using all that cash to do better marketing and make people aware of BB10 and the new handsets. My guess is that it actually could!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 01:26 AM
    "Q20 - the real Blackberry smartphone"

... in 1979, get with the modern times people!!
    04-09-14 02:00 AM

Yep, because modern times calls for sacrificing productivity for watching movies on your phone. Come on people, get with the times, it's "cool" to have an all-touch and you must be on the bandwagon or else you're out-dated. I mean, forget that the Q20 will likely have hardware specs that would destroy a Z30, forget that it has a touchscreen as well and that the keys and the buttons are IN ADDITION to whatever "look how cool and modern this is!" feature, forget all of that, just be like one of the million people around you and get an all-touch phone already!! Geez...
    04-09-14 02:14 AM
    Slagman. I wish I had a phys qwerty device. I do not. I was a hold-out until recently. When the Z & Q10 came out I was so ticked off at both those phones, I reluctantly bought the note 2. That's the difficulty blackberry has in front of them now. Somehow getting people like me back to their product line. Right now, in many ways BlackBerry can't achieve that. My partner still rocks a 9930, he can't get our banking app, quick books mobile, the Gmail app or any of the business apps we both use on a daily basis. It sux and I wish it weren't so... But it is so. And I wish blackberry would just slam out that concept like phys qwerty that slides out into a T shape. My god that phone would kick ****. Just take the Z30 and slap a slide out keyboard able to click down into the T configuration.

04-09-14 03:29 AM
    Like these phones, dreamed up 2 years ago

http://m.crackberry.com/dreamberry-designs-are

04-09-14 03:48 AM
    Or this bad azzed BOLD OS 10 BEAST
    http://m.crackberry.com/forums-5-inch-qwerty-concept

04-09-14 03:54 AM
    My first BlackBerry was a pager. BlackBerry's roots are in business. Everyone in my office is beside themselves with excitement over the q20. After a disastrous year+ of really, really trying to like the Z and Q, we've concluded that the trackpad is irreplaceable. For business, anyway. We use a lot of spreadsheets. Most of us can do EVERYthing, all day long, with a SINGLE thumb on a SINGLE hand with our trackpad devices. Until humans develop 5" long fingers, glass devices will be relegated to mostly two handed operation. If i need two hands to operate the thing, why not just use a tablet? Or a notebook? We've felt betrayed by RIM for several years. The Q10 was an insult to many of us that WORK for a living. It's great to see RIM get back to business.

Our resistance to glass has NOthing to do with techno-fobia. We are very tech savvy. Part of my job involves programming industrial HMI touch screens. Our IT guy hyperventilated upon seeing us snipping conductors and soldering on our dissected 9930s! Three of our crew use hybrid OS in their physically modified 9650s! Our resistance to glass has NOthing to do with fear of change. We are seeking optimum performance for our business. For that mission, glass just doesn't hold a candle to the uniquely efficient innovation called a trackpad. An innovation RIM is smart to capitalize on.

What apprehensions we have about the Q20, which is still unseen by us mere mortals, are:

Overall size? Will it work comfortably in a single hand?

Straight keyboard? The 9930's curved keyboard is an ergonomic masterpiece. A wonderful accommodation to the human thumb's comfortable articulation radius. The Q10's "straight" keyboard is an ergonomic back step. Will Q20 = Q10 keyboard?

Charging contacts? Most of us in, and out of, our office use desktop and car kit docking cradles for charging. We're holding our breath on that.

If not the Q20, maybe the Q21 or ???

Welcome back to the business world RIM!
    04-09-14 08:15 AM
    What apprehensions we have about the Q20, which is still unseen by us mere mortals, are:

Overall size? Will it work comfortably in a single hand?

Straight keyboard? The 9930's curved keyboard is an ergonomic masterpiece. A wonderful accommodation to the human thumb's comfortable articulation radius. The Q10's "straight" keyboard is an ergonomic back step. Will Q20 = Q10 keyboard?
    These are my two biggest concerns about the Q20.

Whomever designed the Bold 9900/9930 deserves an award for making the perfect device for single handed use and general productivity. So many people fail to appreciate how the smaller size of the device, combined with its portrait orientation for all functions makes it extremely easy to use for everything it is used for. From the curve of the keyboard to the mouse/button combo that is the track pad, the Bold offers one thumb to rule all your tasks!

Also, you're right about the track pad, it is an innovative and indispensable addition to a mobile computing and communication device. Why work around its absence with convoluted, tedious software when you can just point, click, and be done?
    mas_quemex likes this.
    04-09-14 09:17 AM

Our IT guy hyperventilated upon seeing us snipping conductors and soldering on our dissected 9930s! Three of our crew use hybrid OS in their physically modified 9650s!

glass just doesn't hold a candle to the uniquely efficient innovation called a trackpad.

Straight keyboard? The 9930's curved keyboard is an ergonomic masterpiece. Q10's "straight" keyboard is an ergonomic back step.
    Steve, are you saying that you and your crew attempted to Frankenstein a 9930 trackpad onto a Q10? Wow! That's dedication, if so!

I agree with each point I quoted in your comments. Just wish people at BlackBerry would stop the indecisive behavior and hire a group of people up there who understand the BlackBerry allure and innovate based on these above points you've mentioned.

04-09-14 09:37 AM

I think the Q10 is more in line with what BlackBerry 10 is, while the Q20, I believe, will be in line with what BlackBerry represents.
    04-09-14 09:58 AM
    Steve, are you saying that you and your crew attempted to Frankenstein a 9930 trackpad onto a Q10? Wow! That's dedication, if so!

I agree with each point I quoted in your comments. Just wish people at BlackBerry would stop the indecisive behavior and hire a group of people up there who understand the BlackBerry allure and innovate based on these above points you've mentioned.

Scary things happen when you get 26 type A personalities collaborating. Believe it or not, we joked about fitting the trackpad to the Q10 but software probably wouldn't support it and we just don't have that kind of time. Our surgery was driven by desire to disable the 9930's touch digitizer. It sort of worked but the patient ultimately didn't survive the surgery. We were trying. I've been scheming ways to put the trackpad onto the corner of my Toughbook CF30, also...
    Mamaluka likes this.
    04-09-14 10:13 AM
    Charging contacts and a bigger screen....im in regardless of trackpad. they bring it back, i'll adapt and use it. They don't, i'll continue on with gestures.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:05 AM
    Slagman. I wish I had a phys qwerty device. I do not. I was a hold-out until recently. When the Z & Q10 came out I was so ticked off at both those phones, I reluctantly bought the note 2. That's the difficulty blackberry has in front of them now. Somehow getting people like me back to their product line. Right now, in many ways BlackBerry can't achieve that. My partner still rocks a 9930, he can't get our banking app, quick books mobile, the Gmail app or any of the business apps we both use on a daily basis. It sux and I wish it weren't so... But it is so. And I wish blackberry would just slam out that concept like phys qwerty that slides out into a T shape. My god that phone would kick ****. Just take the Z30 and slap a slide out keyboard able to click down into the T configuration.

Have he tried the Android version of his bank app? I've heard a lot of people who have had success with that. Given he is using 10.2.1. And honestly why do people still use gmail?? They pretty much openly admit that they read your mail, and their chrome OS in their Chrome books have been confirmed to have had "security enhancements" implanted by the NSA. I mean, that's only what they've admitted. At this point I actually trust Microsoft more, and that's why I use Outlook, which pushes mail directly to my Q10, no app required. And I use Box for cloud storage, also integrated into BB10. There are definitely options out there.

It is unfortunate a lot of companies don't make their apps for BB10, hopefully that changes some time in the future...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-09-14 11:18 AM
    I rock a Z30 but the Q20 looks mighty sweet. I might have to get one when it comes.
    04-09-14 11:44 AM
    Ive been using the Q10 since Nov of last year. I don't really need the trackpad back

Posted via WHT Q10
    04-09-14 01:19 PM
    Ive been using the Q10 since Nov of last year. I don't really need the trackpad back

Posted via WHT Q10
    I'm glad for you. I don't really need the glass. Diversity is a wonderful thing.
    mas_quemex likes this.
    04-09-14 05:33 PM
    Have he tried the Android version of his bank app? I've heard a lot of people who have had success with that. Given he is using 10.2.1.

He's still using the 9930 OS 7

04-09-14 10:43 PM
    He's still using the 9930 OS 7

Oh oops, you did say that, I forgot. For some reason I was thinking of a Q10. If he's ever thinking of upgrading to a BB10, I'm willing to download that app to see if it works on it before he does so, just letting you know.

Mamaluka likes this.
    04-09-14 10:50 PM
81 1234