This thread is funny. OP must be a jester living in a magical land far, far away. Nobody will remember the Q20. By all accounts it will fade into obscurity before it is even out. Mistake #1, announcing a product 7+ months before it will be released and not even having a concept to present. It actually looks more like "oh, by the way" than "holy cow look what we have for you".

BlackBerry Q20 as a device will flop harder than the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, can you help out a fellow CB'er? I would like next week's lottery numbers. PM me please. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-16-14 10:55 AM
    Dude, can you help out a fellow CB'er? I would like next week's lottery numbers. PM me please. :-)

1,17, 23, 29, 38, 41, 42

Done and done.

I'd also love to hear your reasoning on how you *don't* consider announcing a phone for which you have no specs, details, a concept, or anything, 7+ months before release is anything but idiotic. Heck, they don't even have a UI that will work with their "by-the-way" idea.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:31 PM
    1,17, 23, 29, 38, 41, 42

Done and done.

I'd also love to hear your reasoning on how you *don't* consider announcing a phone for which you have no specs, details, a concept, or anything, 7+ months before release is anything but idiotic. Heck, they don't even have a UI that will work with their "by-the-way" idea.

Posted via CB10
    I guess it's almost as idiotic as assuming that it'll fade away into obscurity before knowing the specs, details, a concept, or anything 7+ months before release. *shrugs*
    03-16-14 05:59 PM
    I guess it's almost as idiotic as assuming that it'll fade away into obscurity before knowing the specs, details, a concept, or anything 7+ months before release. *shrugs*
    It is pretty safe and logical to assume that BlackBerry needs a radical change to shake things up. Otherwise anything they do at this stage will fade into obscurity

Also, that was not reasoning. It was a circular argument. SMH

This is just too easy...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 01:41 AM
    It is pretty safe and logical to assume that BlackBerry needs a radical change to shake things up. Otherwise anything they do at this stage will fade into obscurity

Also, that was not reasoning. It was a circular argument. SMH

This is just too easy...

Posted via CB10
    If you say so dude. Everything will be alright buddy. *pats on back*
    03-17-14 03:11 AM
    If you say so dude. Everything will be alright buddy. *pats on back*
    Thanks man *hugs*

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 09:18 AM
    I am really happy with my Z30 and love the BB10 experience. Having said that I'm counting the days until the Q20 is out. I want both the physical keyboard and the big screen. I just hope BlackBerry knocks this one out of the park with a really well-balanced device. And that Foxconn makes a durable handset with little to no plastic involved. Let the Qount down begin!
    Ray UM and Johberry like this.
    03-18-14 12:27 PM
    Again, no it wouldn't. Physical keys with a tactile feel are easy to identify and press without having to look at the device. There are a lot of things you can do with physical keys that a virtual key cannot. If that wasn't the case then why even have a physical keyboard?

First of all, that's my opinion as you've now stated yours twice by starting off your reply by saying "Again". Try not to get so gruntle employee like sir!

Secondly, no where did I ever compare the need of a physical keyboard to the need of physical dedicated keys. My view is that of appearance. Bring the tool bar back into the design of BB10 devices will only fuel the perception flames that BlackBerry outdated and these are old devices from a visual standpoint.

Also, since using a Z10 extensively as my daily driver. Screen real estate a much more preferred aspect given that BB10 has become not only a great communications device but an excellent multimedia one as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 06:43 AM
    I haven't seen any pictures yet, which makes me wonder, what if the "toolbelt" is virtual, on a q10 like device with a taller screen? Maybe even allow the user to turn it on or off. That could possibly please both crowds.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:51 AM
    First of all, that's my opinion as you've now stated yours twice by starting off your reply by saying "Again". Try not to get so gruntle employee like sir!

Secondly, no where did I ever compare the need of a physical keyboard to the need of physical dedicated keys. My view is that of appearance. Bring the tool bar back into the design of BB10 devices will only fuel the perception flames that BlackBerry outdated and these are old devices from a visual standpoint.

Also, since using a Z10 extensively as my daily driver. Screen real estate a much more preferred aspect given that BB10 has become not only a great communications device but an excellent multimedia one as well.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, here we go again with the perceptions are more important than the actual needs and productivity requirements of actual customers... Let's just screw over people who would clearly buy the phone so we can try to woo over the imaginary customers who are lining up to buy BB10 if we just keep doing what we're doing...
    03-19-14 08:46 AM
    I guess I'll never understand why someone would refer to "screen realestate" for browsing purposes on a phone.

To me if I don't have at least a dozen firefox screens open at the same time, it is NOT browsing. Not to mention the necessary saving via scrapbook capabilities.

To me trying to look up some internet stuff on any phone screen is for "emergency" purposes only. Indeed I find "browsing on the phone" (if there is even such thing) an entirely useless and vision damaging underaking.

So YES to the trackpad and toolbelt, this is what we have been waiting for.
    Johberry, th.1977, Q10Bold and 1 others like this.
    03-20-14 10:04 AM
    The Q20 seems to be the BlackBerry I wish the Bold successor had been. I'm pretty satisfied with my Q10, but if it had the trackpad and the navigation keys, I would have found it even more awesome. So I'm really looking forward to the Q20. Sounds like the perfect phone to me.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-23-14 01:27 AM
    Gotta wait for the final product first before I say anything negative.

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-25-14 12:31 PM
    This is the last hope for Blackberry i guess !
    03-27-14 06:17 AM
    Too unweidly, I'm staying with my q10 until the 30.

Q10
    03-27-14 06:20 AM
    I guess I'll never understand why someone would refer to "screen realestate" for browsing purposes on a phone.

To me if I don't have at least a dozen firefox screens open at the same time, it is NOT browsing. Not to mention the necessary saving via scrapbook capabilities.

To me trying to look up some internet stuff on any phone screen is for "emergency" purposes only. Indeed I find "browsing on the phone" (if there is even such thing) an entirely useless and vision damaging underaking.

So YES to the trackpad and toolbelt, this is what we have been waiting for.
    Wow you and I couldn't be more opposite. Ever since my 4S, my smartphone had taken over at least 95% of my internet browsing, which is basically quick, short bursts of only a few websites.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-27-14 08:46 PM
    When Q10 (and later Q5) released, I was uneasy. The "mouse" was conspicuous by absence. The Qwerty user experience includes both the keyset and mouse. The entire design department should have been sacked last summer for messing with an all-weather feature. It was a cabal - I ranted and raved to all.

Amid media scrutiny and stock market chaos, John Chen listened to the real BlackBerry user class. Now, history will remember Q20 as the real big jump from Bold 9900 and OS 7. Now there is a quiet smile on my face as the cognitive dissonance of 2013 has vanished.

As for specs, it is obvious everything will be double of Q10. That means a 28-hour talk time ! Enough to become the workhorse of a self-respecting employer.
    I think I love you.
    mas_quemex and Tatwi like this.
    03-27-14 09:54 PM
    This thread is funny. OP must be a jester living in a magical land far, far away. Nobody will remember the Q20. By all accounts it will fade into obscurity before it is even out. Mistake #1, announcing a product 7+ months before it will be released and not even having a concept to present. It actually looks more like "oh, by the way" than "holy cow look what we have for you".

BlackBerry Q20 as a device will flop harder than the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    "By all accounts"? What does that mean? Whose accounts? Sounds like b.s. filler to make you sound like you've done anything to research accounts. The Q20 will achieve what the 9900 tried to do but was hampered by lousy battery life, lame camera and reliability issues. I don't think the Q20 will be a flop at all. It will bring the core users back - which means the device will be easier to use and understand in a corporate setting (which contains users over age 40). The Q20 will put BlackBerry back on the path to dominance. If the Q10 and the gesture based OS was so great, why's AT&T and Verizon giving them away on Amazon for one cent with contract? I haven't even had the thing for 10 months (I pre-ordered it) and it's already in the bargain bin. Sounds like a flop to me.
    03-27-14 10:18 PM
    "By all accounts"? What does that mean? Whose accounts? Sounds like b.s. filler to make you sound like you've done anything to research accounts. The Q20 will achieve what the 9900 tried to do but was hampered by lousy battery life, lame camera and reliability issues. I don't think the Q20 will be a flop at all. It will bring the core users back - which means the device will be easier to use and understand in a corporate setting (which contains users over age 40). The Q20 will put BlackBerry back on the path to dominance. If the Q10 and the gesture based OS was so great, why's AT&T and Verizon giving them away on Amazon for one cent with contract? I haven't even had the thing for 10 months (I pre-ordered it) and it's already in the bargain bin. Sounds like a flop to me.
    Hey man, get on his good side so he will help you out with the future lottery numbers. Obviously he has ESP...

03-27-14 11:53 PM
    The tool belt doesn't make sense for BB10. The whole purpose of the OS is to be gesture based. I think this phone is for a small niche of BlackBerry users and will otherwise flop. Can't picture too many people switching over from their Q10's for this phone. A larger Q10 without the tool belt would be a better device.

Posted via CB10
    goku_vegeta and Ray UM like this.
    04-05-14 04:17 PM
    What core users will it bring back? If someone couldn't live without the tool belt then they're either rocking a BBOS device or have transitioned to another OS. Most people that have moved on have likely adapted to new phones and a large majority probably won't come back. I really think this will be a niche device for people that haven't moved on from BBOS for fear of change and advancement. BB10 is incredibly easy to use and offers alternatives to the buttons that the Q20 will have.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 04:23 PM
    it will bring me back i didnt upgrade to the q10 due to the lack of buttons. i hate touch to answer calls so for me it was a deal breaker and for editing txt my big fingers are cumbersome with touch. many other ppl are like minded to this. thats why os7 devices out sold q10. bb bringing back the belt is for users like me and it will sell for sure.
    04-05-14 05:04 PM
    The tool belt doesn't make sense for BB10. The whole purpose of the OS is to be gesture based. I think this phone is for a small niche of BlackBerry users and will otherwise flop. Can't picture too many people switching over from their Q10's for this phone. A larger Q10 without the tool belt would be a better device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure where you've been, but I don't think the intention of this device was ever to switch people over from the Q10...

04-05-14 05:53 PM
    I know I'd totally want a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 06:08 PM
    I TROLOLOLOLOL'ed hard about the belt complainers.

Hey, I have an idea. Lets do all with touch screens.

Why driving a car with a real wheel??? Lets drive via touch YYAAAAAAYYY!!!!

What? Bycycles have no touch to drive?? Lame.

Why does my laptop has a real keyboard??? Thats not cool with my hipster jeans and political correct sissy views. We need touch keyboards! It's way cooler. Yaaaaaayyyy!!!
    This post is stupid.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    dayno25 likes this.
    04-05-14 06:14 PM
81 1234