I believe that if the z30 was available through more carriers that it would be more successful than what it currently is. I shouldn't have to go on CB to find out what model number z30 I need to work with att and then it doesn't work with LTE in certain locations or they cant help u if u run into problems with it because they don't support it. So I hope that at least both the passbook, the classic and at least on more model comes out for att.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:20 AM
    just viewing web pages, scrolling through twitter, viewing pictures...just something with more landscape but I do think the passport is too big.....for a phone....

maybe if the screen size was 3.8" to 4.0" with a 1:1 ratio it would be ok......a 2.5" screen just isn't going to cut it in my opinion. I really think the classic will not sell well compared to other smartphones.....like I said, maybe when the q30 comes out, BB will offer something between the classic and the passport to satisfy both the social media world and the business world
    I'm unsure what you mean by a 2.5" screen... Q20's will be 3.5, diagonally. You feel that 3.5 is too small but that the 4.5" Passport is too large so... Maybe BB will oneday make a midway 4" device? Maybe call it the "Classport" ?? Lol

The Q20 is already going to be wider than any phone BB has ever produced to date, AFAIK. Also, it looks like it will be well over 5" long. Fitting the Z10's 15:9 4.2" onto a Q20 would add over an inch of length to the device. Might be a market for such a 6-6.5" long device but that wouldn't include me. Nor anyone I personally know. Probably a market for a T30 "Torch", tho.

Don't underestimate the trackpad's ability to navigate & scroll TINY screens.
    07-30-14 08:41 AM
    I believe that if the z30 was available through more carriers that it would be more successful than what it currently is. I shouldn't have to go on CB to find out what model number z30 I need to work with att and then it doesn't work with LTE in certain locations or they cant help u if u run into problems with it because they don't support it. So I hope that at least both the passbook, the classic and at least on more model comes out for att.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I had to educate the Verizon store "kid" (anyone under 60 is a kid to me ) about the then new 9650! Many moons ago. He was most interested in "pushing" Droid. They didn't even have a Droid to show me but "BlackBerry's obsolete and Droid is the future", according to his preprogrammed monologue. This was WAY before ML's departure, if I recall right. Talking with that sales "kid" he personally felt "screwed" (his word) by the Storm issues, still fresh in his mind at the time. ??

BBRY needed to, and obviously still needs to, figure out how to get on the right side of the carrier store sales staff.
    07-30-14 09:36 AM
    the screen is 2.5" wide and tall......diagonal means nothing.....even though its billed as a 3.5" screen.....the height and width is 2.5"
    07-30-14 10:06 PM
    I had many BB's over the years and I think I am a keyboard guy at heart which is why I purchased a Q10 but went to the galaxy because the q10 screen was just too small. Pictures and the social media apps are just horrible on this device. The keyboard is amazing and compared to the galaxy, its no contest. The BB keyboard on this is the best. The OS is amazing as well, but to me, the social aspect lacks big time with the tiny screen.

My intentions are pure as I have been monitoring the recent success of the stock and really want BB to make a comeback with professionals and the youth as well. My point is "targeting professionals" only to me will result in failure for the long term.

The Bold 9900 (I owned one) while great a few years ago cannot survive in todays market. Its just too small and outdated.

I am hoping the q20 has a large enough screen to satisfy todays social media demands as well as being a great business tool. The passport is nice looking but just too wide....im hoping the Q20 has a large enough screen to bring me back to BB full time
    Must disagree. Pics and social media are NOT horrible on my Q10. While a somewhat bigger screen would be welcome, I have no problems with my Q10's screen.
    As for BB7, I still have my Torch 9810 and, to be honest - find myself using it quite often. It's still acapable device, not outdated just yet!
    07-30-14 10:29 PM
    the screen is 2.5" wide and tall......diagonal means nothing.....even though its billed as a 3.5" screen.....the height and width is 2.5"
    I'll take it!
    07-30-14 11:21 PM
    The passport screen is 3.2" wide and tall... Even though its billed as a 4.5". That's just the accepted standard for measure. Since you feel the 3.2" wide passport screen is too large and the 2.5" wide Classic is too small, if we split the difference at 2.8" wide, we'd wind up with a 4" diagonally measured screen. Too wide for single handed operation IMO, but??

Even after that, you'd still wind up 1:1. It seems to me that a slider "T30 Torch" is what you're really seeking. BBRY should make that, IMO, but the Q20 size is plenty large as is, for my taste.
    07-31-14 01:11 AM
    Hi,
    I think it narrows to the question : What are you using your device for ?
    If you use your phone for calls and email, very little browsing and some BBM the bold 9900 I found it's the perfect combination for me. Small , perfect weight , battery you can squeeze for 2 days at least if you use it moderate. Been using it for 2 years and a half and never had an issue with it.
    If you are they guy/girl that uses the phone for Facebook, Twitter, photos and God knows what apps there are there I don't think you will want a small screen device. But then, why ever think about a BB if you want Facebook ?
    I think every person who like or dislike a phone are making that decision based on what are they using the phone for
    phuoc likes this.
    07-31-14 03:52 AM
    Hi,
    I think it narrows to the question : What are you using your device for ?
    If you use your phone for calls and email, very little browsing and some BBM the bold 9900 I found it's the perfect combination for me. Small , perfect weight , battery you can squeeze for 2 days at least if you use it moderate. Been using it for 2 years and a half and never had an issue with it.
    If you are they guy/girl that uses the phone for Facebook, Twitter, photos and God knows what apps there are there I don't think you will want a small screen device. But then, why ever think about a BB if you want Facebook ?
    I think every person who like or dislike a phone are making that decision based on what are they using the phone for
    It does indeed come down to what you use your phone for! Me, it's a mobile computer. , I use mine a lotttttt so I need good quality devices. That said, I'm not a fan of giant screens ( anything > 4,5 inches) which tends to limit choice.
    07-31-14 08:53 AM
    I use mine for texting, email, phone, taking pictures and videos, twitter, some instagram...but no facebook or any other social media....I share and receive tons of family pictures and videos, so the q10 screen doesn't cut it at all.....like I said, ill have to see the q20 live and the passport. Maybe ill be shocked but I just would hate to "settle"

@idssteve..I think you may be right
    07-31-14 10:20 PM
    I use mine for texting, email, phone, taking pictures and videos, twitter, some instagram...but no facebook or any other social media....I share and receive tons of family pictures and videos, so the q10 screen doesn't cut it at all.....like I said, ill have to see the q20 live and the passport. Maybe ill be shocked but I just would hate to "settle"

@idssteve..I think you may be right
    It's all in what you need but with that said...
    Interesting, I use my Q10 for everything you do PLUS research and Web surfing and e-commerce and I don't consider my Q10's screen to be deficient, although a somewhat bigger screen ( 3.5 _ 4 inches) would be nice. Whatever it may lack in size, it makes up in clarity.
    So I don't understand your issue unless you are very near sighted.
    Be that as it may, given your criteria, I'd go with the Classic.
    08-01-14 09:56 AM
    The passport screen is 3.2" wide and tall... Even though its billed as a 4.5". That's just the accepted standard for measure. Since you feel the 3.2" wide passport screen is too large and the 2.5" wide Classic is too small, if we split the difference at 2.8" wide, we'd wind up with a 4" diagonally measured screen. Too wide for single handed operation IMO, but??

Even after that, you'd still wind up 1:1. It seems to me that a slider "T30 Torch" is what you're really seeking. BBRY should make that, IMO, but the Q20 size is plenty large as is, for my taste.
    I'd like to see a BlackBerry 10 Torch too!
    idssteve likes this.
    08-01-14 09:57 AM
    Wait, so that means you want a screen that is 4" wide and tall?? That is a 5.7" screen. Do you realize how ginormous this device would be??? So basically you want a full fledge phablet with a keyboard then. Maybe you should just get better glasses and just call it a day...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-01-14 07:49 PM
    +1 for a new Torch! My old 9810 is still my favorite phone to date, however I seem to recall reading/hearing that people tend to dislike the "slider" models so I doubt we see another Torch.

Looking at comparisons I don't think I'd bother "upgrading" from my Q10 to a Classic. As much as I loved the trackpad on my various Torch, Bold, and Curve devices through the years I've found I don't miss it half as much as I thought I would when I have my Q's touchscreen. And the slightly larger Classic screen isn't a big enough difference to jump on it.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:41 PM
    +1 for a new Torch! My old 9810 is still my favorite phone to date, however I seem to recall reading/hearing that people tend to dislike the "slider" models so I doubt we see another Torch.

Looking at comparisons I don't think I'd bother "upgrading" from my Q10 to a Classic. As much as I loved the trackpad on my various Torch, Bold, and Curve devices through the years I've found I don't miss it half as much as I thought I would when I have my Q's touchscreen. And the slightly larger Classic screen isn't a big enough difference to jump on it.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't count out the T30 ( BlackBerry 10 Torch) just yet. Most people may not like it but the 9810 did have its fans and we have been clamoring for the T30. I wouldn't, however,expect to see it soon.
    I still have my Torch 2 and to be honest use it almost as much as my Q10 and the trackpad is a large part of that ; with my large and somewhat clumsy fingers precise cursor placement and selecting tiny hyperlinks is a mofo, usually requiring either extreme zoom or several tries.
    .4 " extra screen doesn't sound like much but you'd be surprised at the difference!
    Plus keep in mind that the Classic will a flagship device built of premium materials for durability and reliability. It's also the Q10's successor which usually means superior specs particularly since Chen is trying to recruit the BB7 holdouts. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Classic will have Passport level specs especially given BlackBerry's odd silence on its specs. I'll be taking a hard look at it!
    08-02-14 11:35 PM
    1:1 ratio isn't going to be ideal for movies. Q20 isn't a movie device. it's a work device. Like the relatively "tiny" Bold, Q20 won't need square yards of screen for its job. Trackpad provides navigation without obscuring screenestate with fingers.

Trackpads, combined with "I" & "O" zoom shortcut keys, are why the tiny Bold screen gets the job done in a comfortably compact package. Even for MY old eyes. I worry that the Q20 will be TOO large. Some of us just don't feel the need to cart around a 300" flat panel on our hip.

I do hope for an hdmi type port that can drive an HD flatscreen. Trackpad will be awesome in that role.
    Yes, yes, yes! It's all about the use case. I don't get why people don't get that. :-) While I really, really wish my Q10 had the toolbelt, but it's already kinda big for my taste so I don't think I'll be switching to the larger Classic.
    08-08-14 11:43 PM
    Wait, so that means you want a screen that is 4" wide and tall?? That is a 5.7" screen. Do you realize how ginormous this device would be??? So basically you want a full fledge phablet with a keyboard then. Maybe you should just get better glasses and just call it a day...

ng......4" diagonal..not wide...another 1/4 to 1/2 inch would be right.....somewhere in that area......smaller than the passport but bigger than the classic....
    08-12-14 08:33 PM
    ng......4" diagonal..not wide...another 1/4 to 1/2 inch would be right.....somewhere in that area......smaller than the passport but bigger than the classic....
    SNAP, make up your mind! You go from saying a diagonal measurement to a measurement of just the sides! Pick one and stick with it please. Either only compare diagonal measurements or only individual side measurements. Why would you say "maybe if the screen size was 3.8" to 4.0" with a 1:1 ratio it would be ok......a 2.5" screen just isn't going to cut it in my opinion."?? You just randomly switched from a diagonal measurement to a measurement of just the side???
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    08-12-14 11:56 PM
    So it would be .2 on each side larger than the Q10. If that's all I'd probably go with the Passport.
    08-14-14 07:57 PM
    SNAP, make up your mind! You go from saying a diagonal measurement to a measurement of just the sides! Pick one and stick with it please. Either only compare diagonal measurements or only individual side measurements. Why would you say "maybe if the screen size was 3.8" to 4.0" with a 1:1 ratio it would be ok......a 2.5" screen just isn't going to cut it in my opinion."?? You just randomly switched from a diagonal measurement to a measurement of just the side???
    im just answering questions....sorry for the confusion
    08-17-14 08:49 PM
    im just answering questions....sorry for the confusion
    Lol, I got super confused. :-P

08-17-14 09:34 PM
    Lol, I got super confused. :-P

I think he means add those numbers to the diagonal measure.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:17 PM
    My work phone is a company issued 9900 and my personal phone is a HTC One M8 GPE. The screen on the M8 is at least twice the size of the 9900. The only reason that a 9900 works for me is that I have a Playbook to read attachments.
    Bigger Screen and a keyboard = a slider. My son used to have a 9800 before he switched to a Q10. The form factor of the 9800 is good but the flat electric cable that joins the screen to the keyboard is the weak link. Neither the Q20 AKA Classic nor the Passport would fit my needs. I will hold out for a slider.
    08-25-14 11:12 PM
    You and I will have to wait a while for a slider, probably forever. Side note, wish we had an outdoor range here in SoCal.
    08-26-14 11:50 AM
    You and I will have to wait a while for a slider, probably forever. Side note, wish we had an outdoor range here in SoCal.
    Google "Lytle Creek Gun Range"
    Lytle Creek Gun Range - Lytle Creek, CA | Yelp
    08-26-14 04:56 PM
77 1234