Sorry but you claimed carriers hate BIS. Where's your proof?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    I said carriers in the USA. Where is your proof they love it?

OK I forgot in the USA but that is what I meant.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-26-14 06:49 AM
    I said carriers in the USA. Where is your proof they love it?
    I never claimed they do.

02-26-14 06:50 AM
    And that's exactly why carriers still support BIS, they know that their networks could easily clog up, there's only so many user they can support per cell tower. They know BIS is very efficient on their networks.

Ok you didn't say they love it. So which carriers are supportive of BIS? I know they have to maintain them since there are and will be legacy phones around awhile yet.
    02-26-14 06:53 AM
    I seriously want to take my "belt" off and hit BlackBerry with it!

Where's our Q30?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:00 AM
    Ok you didn't say they love it. So which carriers are supportive of BIS? I know they have to maintain them since there are and will be legacy phones around awhile yet.
    Has any US carrier stopped supporting BIS? Do they al still offer new BIS contracts? There's your answer.

02-26-14 07:00 AM
    Has any US carrier stopped supporting BIS? Do they al still offer new BIS contracts? There's your answer.

No they haven't and you know damn well they have to keep on for those still on it. And of course they still offer it if they have legacy bb's in their lineup because they won't work without it. I'm gong out on a limb and will say as soon as they can scrap it they will.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-26-14 07:06 AM
    No they haven't and you know damn well they have to keep on for those still on it. And of course they still offer it if they have legacy bb's in their lineup because they won't work without it. I'm gong out on a limb and will say as soon as they can scrap it they will.
    That's a far cry from "US carriers hate BIS" don't you think? You can have your opinion but don't put it across as fact.

02-26-14 07:07 AM
    That's a far cry from "US carriers hate BIS" don't you think? You can have your opinion but don't put it across as fact.

OK its my opinion. I stand by it with no proof. I do however see what is happening and has been. Carriers do not ignore something that makes them money. They encourage people to buy things that make them money.
    02-26-14 07:32 AM
    OK its my opinion. I stand by it with no proof. I do however see what is happening and has been. Carriers do not ignore something that makes them money. They encourage people to buy things that make them money.
    Fair enough, opinions don't need proof.

02-26-14 07:42 AM
    Come on its Crackberry Birthday! How about just today we agree on stuff, I think Crackberry is awesome! Wbu?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-26-14 09:44 AM
    And that's exactly why carriers still support BIS, they know that their networks could easily clog up, there's only so many user they can support per cell tower. They know BIS is very efficient on their networks.

In a different era with dramatically lower data expectations, and with Blackberry devices that were not very good at large scale media consumption and did not support 4G technology, yes. Especially since making a special accomodation for the leading vendor in the marketplace wasn't such a sacrifice for carriers.

As I have pointed out repeatedly, those variables are different today, and the world is dumping BIS.
    kbz1960 and techvisor like this.
    02-26-14 10:48 AM
    In a different era with dramatically lower data expectations, and with Blackberry devices that were not very good at large scale media consumption and did not support 4G technology, yes. Especially since making a special accomodation for the leading vendor in the marketplace wasn't such a sacrifice for carriers.

As I have pointed out repeatedly, those variables are different today, and the world is dumping BIS.
    They might dump it in the future, anything is possible, but definitely not because the move against unlimited data as you claimed, completely unrelated.

02-26-14 11:08 AM
    but definitely not because the move against unlimited data as you claimed, completely unrelated.

I hear that if you wish something hard enough, close your eyes and click your heels 3 times, anything is possible...
    02-26-14 11:44 AM
    I hear that if you wish something hard enough, close your eyes and click your heels 3 times, anything is possible...
    Apparently it worked to get the belt back, I might just have to try it again for the BIS email to come back.

02-26-14 11:58 AM
    For the record the q20 is what the 9720, or whatever was that last OS 7.1 phone and really this should have been the q5, low cost for emerging markets and the belt for mass-deployment corporations and governments, then they would have the premium qwerty, the q10 and 2 touch options Z10 and Z30, the phone portfolio would be better off today than it is

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    02-26-14 12:38 PM
    For the record the q20 is what the 9720, or whatever was that last OS 7.1 phone and really this should have been the q5, low cost for emerging markets and the belt for mass-deployment corporations and governments, then they would have the premium qwerty, the q10 and 2 touch options Z10 and Z30, the phone portfolio would be better off today than it is

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    The Q20 is low cost?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-26-14 01:22 PM
    Hahaha. People say the craziest things on public forums.

This phone is going to be a massive flop. Just goes to show that BlackBerry still haven't got a clue what it takes to compete in today's marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 03:56 PM
    The Q20 is low cost?

Not likely. The BlackBerry statements and releases describe it as a "flagship" device.
    02-26-14 08:51 PM
    Not likely. The BlackBerry statements and releases describe it as a "flagship" device.
    That's what I was thinking, the post I was replying to was implying it was

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-27-14 12:07 AM
    Apparently it worked to get the belt back, I might just have to try it again for the BIS email to come back.
    With your sparkly red shoes? Lol
    02-27-14 08:24 AM
    Whatever it takes lol

02-27-14 08:25 AM
    Whatever it takes lol

Pics or it didn't happen.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-27-14 06:48 PM
    Guys, you really think the main reason why people haven't upgraded to BB10 device is because they love BBOS devices?
    I don't know about the others, but as a BBOS user who can easily afford a BB10 device, that is most certainly the case for me.
    03-01-14 01:59 PM
    Q20 = godly
    03-01-14 05:37 PM
74 123