I'm thinking that the Q20 is a one of a kind, a last opportunity for legacy users to upgrade and I don't think it will become a trend, at the very least it will be phased out.. especially that tracky paddy

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    JeepBB and dejanh like this.
    02-25-14 02:26 AM
    wait for it... incoming "that belt deleted all of my messages" rage comments incoming!
    02-25-14 02:34 AM
    wait for it... incoming "that belt deleted all of my messages" rage comments incoming!
    Lol and 'it's because it hasn't got the legacy features'

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    dejanh and web99 like this.
    02-25-14 02:38 AM
    Lol and 'it's because it hasn't got the legacy features'

TechCraze C0008DDD1

Just a belt. Ain't legacy enough. Poser. In before incoming more "but this isn't the BlackBerry we loved! BlackBerry abandoned us!" rage comments.

Wait for it!
    web99 and dejanh like this.
    02-25-14 02:44 AM
    NO BIS!

Speaking of BIS: here is a good example why BIS is never coming back:

Carriers: down with unlimited data and free services | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews
    dejanh likes this.
    02-25-14 03:43 AM
    NO BIS!

Speaking of BIS: here is a good example why BIS is never coming back:

Carriers: down with unlimited data and free services | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews
    You got that wrong, that's a reason why it should come back, from the user point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-25-14 04:31 AM
    Something tells me belfastdispatcher is getting a q20

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 04:33 AM
    Something tells me belfastdispatcher is getting a q20

Posted via CB10
    I'm still waiting to see the BBOS BlackBerry Classic, if it ever comes of course.

02-25-14 04:35 AM
    I'm excited for it. I liked the belt. It was the one thing missing on the Q.

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    02-25-14 05:06 AM
    I'm thinking that the Q20 is a one of a kind, a last opportunity for legacy users to upgrade and I don't think it will become a trend, at the very least it will be phased out.. especially that tracky paddy

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I don't - I see it as an acknowledge that outside of the hardcore, uptake has been poor and this is a defensive move to stop the rope in migrations away from BBRY - since BB10 was never designed to use a trackpad and buttons, you don't have to be rocket scientist to see why the lead bb10 designer has just left...
    Shadowyugi and JeepBB like this.
    02-25-14 05:22 AM
    Guys, you really think the main reason why people haven't upgraded to BB10 device is because they love BBOS devices?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 05:57 AM
    The Q10 should have been the Q20 to start with.
    Karan Mohal, xanadome and Q10Bold like this.
    02-25-14 06:34 AM
    I assumed the q20 would be a taller version of the q10, so I could run apps that require a non square screen.

Trackpad......... wow. This company is so embarrassing sometimes.
    02-25-14 08:33 AM
    I remember pouring alcohol (as advised by all-knowing CB forums) on my torch "tool belt" in a desperate attempt to get the back key to work again.

This should be fun.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:46 AM
    They should nickname this new model the BlackBerry Flipflopper
    02-25-14 09:02 AM
    You got that wrong, that's a reason why it should come back, from the user point of view.

From your* point of view

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-25-14 09:46 AM
    I'm still waiting to see the BBOS BlackBerry Classic, if it ever comes of course.

I'm curious, does this qualify as your 'legacy comeback' prediction? Or have you accepted that that's not happening? Unless they put an octa-core in a legacy device..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-25-14 09:47 AM
    I don't - I see it as an acknowledge that outside of the hardcore, uptake has been poor and this is a defensive move to stop the rope in migrations away from BBRY - since BB10 was never designed to use a trackpad and buttons, you don't have to be rocket scientist to see why the lead bb10 designer has just left...

That's why they have this device, they're not going to continue it, I hope anyway., especially not on the full tough screens
    . You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that they want to migrate people to BB10, as even their enterprise free upgrade offer shows, rather than walk backwards

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-25-14 09:49 AM
    I'm curious, does this qualify as your 'legacy comeback' prediction? Or have you accepted that that's not happening? Unless they put an octa-core in a legacy device..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    You're getting mixed up, a couple of months ago in a trackpad thread that got closed I said the trackpad and the rest of the buttons are in the pipeline for BB10.

The legacy device is a whole different thing, and I believe it will still happen for the summer.

02-25-14 09:53 AM
    You got that wrong, that's a reason why it should come back, from the user belfastdispatcher point of view.

Fixed that for you.

The link I posted makes it quite clear that wireless carriers worldwide are NOT interested in "unlimited" plans any more, in part because the explosion in demand for data along with limited and costly network capacity makes that uneconomic.

Precisely one of the points I make in my BIS FAQ.

Another major factor is that Blackberry is in no position to push proprietary networking accomodations on carriers when Blackberry's global share of the market is under 3%. Times have changed, this is not your grandpappy's BlackBerry.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-25-14 02:18 PM
    The legacy device is a whole different thing, and I believe it will still happen for the summer.

Legacy OS is going away, the staff that wrote and maintained it have mostly left the company or been fired. That ship has sailed.
    02-25-14 02:20 PM
    Guys, you really think the main reason why people haven't upgraded to BB10 device is because they love BBOS devices?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    ^ this.

This phone is going to be a massive flop. Just goes to show that BlackBerry still haven't got a clue what it takes to compete in today's marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    02-25-14 02:35 PM
    This phone is going to be a massive flop. Just goes to show that BlackBerry still haven't got a clue what it takes to compete in today's marketplace.
    A massive flop with whom?
    02-25-14 03:08 PM
    Legacy OS is going away, the staff that wrote and maintained it have mostly left the company or been fired. That ship has sailed.
    Yeah, people said the same thing before te 9720 came out.

They said the same about the trackpad too didn't they? My guess is Chen is getting a lot of key people back.

Nothing is off the table now, anything can happen.

02-25-14 04:53 PM
    Fixed that for you.

The link I posted makes it quite clear that wireless carriers worldwide are NOT interested in "unlimited" plans any more, in part because the explosion in demand for data along with limited and costly network capacity makes that uneconomic.

Precisely one of the points I make in my BIS FAQ.

Another major factor is that Blackberry is in no position to push proprietary networking accomodations on carriers when Blackberry's global share of the market is under 3%. Times have changed, this is not your grandpappy's BlackBerry.
    They also don't want people using their phone for their home access. Some people use up GB's by the dozen daily.
    02-25-14 05:00 PM
74 123