I am starting to think that both rumors of 1.5 and 1.7 will be available. If some models will have wireless charging and some won't, they might also have different CPUs, thus the multiple rumors. I just hope that the faster one isn't only on CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:51 PM
    I would have to think since the Z30 and the Passport have an enhanced antenna they would have to put that technology in the Classic also.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:39 PM
    I'm looking forward to a screen that can actually be turned up to BRIGHT, instead of "kinda bright". I don't care what the PPI is...the Z10 screen always looked better than my Q10's.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:41 PM
    are you gonna tell me the Classic will have better screen tech than the Passport? because i can tell you right now, as i have my Passport and Q10 side by side; The Q10's screen is still better (putting aside the fact the Passport's screen is much larger).

"It's a phone made for those who wanted a q10 but with a track pad" - and there you have said it. I am one of these users. And i am not happy with what BB have done with the Classic. In fact, i would be over the moon if all they did was add a toolbelt to the existing Q10. But they havent done this, they've somehow brought out a worse device. Well done BB *slow clap* well done...

The Classic will get a budget LCD screen, dont kid yourself otherwise.

"The classic is not an upgrade to the q10" - can people really stop saying this? this is the dumbest thing i hear over and over. What the hell do you think is going on around the BB RnD table? "hmm, yes its been 2 years since the Q10, lets bring out another device in the same class but wait - get this - we wont market it as any sort of upgrade! or anything new! infact we'll purposely give it ****ty specs and downgrade a few practical features!"

was'nt the thing codenamed Q20 at one point?
    If you really think that Q10's screen is better than the passport than you just have a personal preference of OLED over LCD. Because passport's screen has higher resolution, higher higher brightness, more accurate colour reproduction, better viewing angle. The only edge Q10 has is higher colour contrast.

Stop raging kid.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 01:15 AM
    I'm looking forward to a screen that can actually be turned up to BRIGHT, instead of "kinda bright". I don't care what the PPI is...the Z10 screen always looked better than my Q10's.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! I have a z10 and I can't stand the dim grainy AMOLED screen on my wife's q10.

I actually think just under 300 ppi should be fine if it's LCD.

I don't know why anyone would prefer AMOLED for any reason other than less power consumption.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:15 AM
    I don't think it's meant for many Q10 users to upgrade to a classic.

But also don't forget, to date the Q10 is the only BlackBerry that resembles a BlackBerry, and heavy users that have already milked their Q10! Or just want a change of scenery yet want a BlackBerry 10, classic would be ideal!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    I agree that the Classic is not geared towards happy Q10 users. It's clearly aimed at those using the BB7 models like the 9900/9930 and older. Folks that love their keyboards and the trackpad/buttons, but would also like to ditch BIS and move up to something more modern.

Want subfolders in email but you aren't on a BES connection? Then you need BB10. Want new apps? Then you need BB10 (if you're sticking with BlackBerry). Want a touchscreen and gestures? BB10. With the Classic you get all that plus the BB7 experience of the tool belt.

I'm totally unconcerned with specs. All I care about is the end-user experience. The pixel density is lower on the Classic than on the Q10. So what? The only metric that matters is how it looks in the real world. The Classic is not designed to be some show pony - it's a daily workhorse. I'm not looking for premium features (or a premium price). I'm looking for a capable device that is designed to impress nobody but me. Classic is looking good.
    bigjman and allwi like this.
    10-22-14 11:25 AM
    OP, good for you that you know what you want. But until we can get the official specifications, then we can decide. for now just set your standards that can make it or break it.
    10-22-14 05:05 PM
    This guy gets it. 9900 users don't care about specs. And to add to the problems I have with the Q10, when I email I accidentally hit the attachment tab instead of send many times. Then I figure out hours later it never went out. Bring on the Classic.

I am a blackberry bold 9900 owner, let me break it down for you,

Has the classic got a bigger screen? YES

Has it got a faster processor? YES

Has it got good build quality? YES

Has it got the tool belt? YES

Can I still use it with one hand? YES

Will the battery last a full day? YES

Will the phone last me until due for upgrade? YES

Will it make me at least as productive as my current phone? YES

Do I care if it's value for money? YES ( actually no as my work pays for my phone but they might!)

Do I give a flying fig about PPI? NO

Do I give a shiz whether it has the latest Qualcomm 9383726163849 processor? NO

Do I care whether the screen is IPS, LED, OLED, ABCD or whatever? NO

Do I care whether it is a big upgrade over the Q10? NO

Do I care if it stacks up against the latest android/Apple phablet monstrosity? NO

I can understand a little bit the Q10 owners being a little peeved as it's the phone they really wanted but not enough of an upgrade to justify forking out for mid contract but hey, there will be a classic 2 out next year that may fulfill your desires. If you are after the highest spec phone then go buy an apple/android as they are in a soap-powder style race of one upmanship with things that are not actually needed on a phone ( no-one even spoke about pixel densities until Apple brought out the retina screens and now they are the be all and end all even though the human eye can't tell the difference over 300ppi).

I am generally too busy working to use my phone to watch videos or play games, when I am done for the day or need a bigger screen to work with I have my iPad and laptop, so the classic is perfect for me and the millions of other legacy users out there, basically this phone isn't for q10 users its for bold users, get over it!
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    10-22-14 06:01 PM
    Q10 to Classic? Probably not if there is not much difference in battery runtime. Some people, those who already adapted not having trackpad and belt, can live without the trackpad and the belt on their BlackBerry.

My Passport is on the way. Maybe Q10 to Passport is worth upgrading depending on how you use your Q10.
    10-22-14 10:48 PM
    I agree that the Classic is not geared towards happy Q10 users. It's clearly aimed at those using the BB7 models like the 9900/9930 and older.
    Agree - and therefore I think the Classic as designed is the right phone: quite low cost (which it is hopefully), so that we get a lot of legacy users to BB10 and build a strong base. I keep my fingers crossed that it will become a success, so that in 6 months time, BB announces the development of a high speced Classic II which will become my next phone
    10-23-14 12:28 AM
    Agree - and therefore I think the Classic as designed is the right phone: quite low cost (which it is hopefully), so that we get a lot of legacy users to BB10 and build a strong base. I keep my fingers crossed that it will become a success, so that in 6 months time, BB announces the development of a high speced Classic II which will become my next phone
    I'll likely get both, even if it's the same spec as a Q10, it wouldn't make sense to stay with the Q10 since I'll just be using the same phone but without the toolbelt... If a high-spec Classic II comes out, I'll sell both my Q10 and the Classic for it...
    10-23-14 01:31 AM
    Yes, but if they're still selling the Classic this time next year on two year contracts ... then many people will be using the device on contract til 2017. That's a long-time.
    10-23-14 03:44 AM
    Reading this thread has, I have to say, taken the shine off a bit.

As someone who's a bit of a Blackberry fan that struggles with the Q10, I looked at the Classic and thought - that's the one.
    But, I dunno, I can't see myself entering a two-year contract with something that's not much better than I already have.
    10-23-14 03:48 AM
    Reading this thread has, I have to say, taken the shine off a bit.

As someone who's a bit of a Blackberry fan that struggles with the Q10, I looked at the Classic and thought - that's the one.
    But, I dunno, I can't see myself entering a two-year contract with something that's not much better than I already have.
    Does the Q10 work for you now with the functions you need? What makes you think that using the Q10 two years from now will make it that much worse? My old Z10 that I got when it was first released works as well if not better due to OS updates and optimization than it did when I first got it.
    10-23-14 06:09 AM
    I remember my first wish when I got my Q10... it was that it could be 1.5 times bigger... the classic answered that... however, wanting "something special", I (already) bought a Passport...
    To all those who count on their muscle memory, though: buy the classic, especially if you switch from Bold! You'll be pleased.

To the OP... you might be right. The Classic is not very different than the Q10 in point of specs. I prefer keeping my Q10 because I have a spare battery with a charging bundle.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    10-23-14 06:35 AM
    My company's money was wasted on the Q10 in the first place. IMO, the feature robbed Q10 cost my company enough money to buy everyone on this thread two Passports apiece and still pocket big profit. (sorry, that's not an offer... ) The Classic promises to be the Q that SHOULD have been two years ago. Better late than never! I'm stoked for it!!
    Xenolock and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-23-14 07:02 AM
    Classic = Q10 + bigger screen + tool belt + BB10.3

Each Q10 owner has to decide for himself if this is enough of an upgrade to plunk down his money. As usual I will consider it, am leaning towards it (I always am leaning towards upgrades) and will make a decision after seeing the Classic in person. The final arbiter is always holding/fondling it and looking at the screen with my own Mark1Mod0 eyeballs.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-23-14 07:33 AM
    What i hate about the q10 is the back bar at the bottom of the screen. It takes up screen space making the screen smaller. I know i can hide it and use gestures but convenience of a back button on the tool belt has me sold.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-23-14 09:04 AM
    I think the BlackBerry Q10 is best phone with physical keyboard so far. The classic, it may be good, it may be not but I believe it can't replace the q10 in any way

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:40 AM
    I don't know if the Classic is a good fit for me! Honestly, I Adore my Q10. I don't care if the Classic has a bigger screen. I would love to just see improvements for the Q10 software wise, and the ability to change the font style in the SMS native application. I like Slate pro! But at least give us the option to make it bold/Italic.

Ojani Noa
    10-23-14 02:08 PM
    A guy at my work, a 9900 owner, has been refusing to move to BlackBerry 10 until the Classic

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:10 PM
    I just looked up resale values on Gazelle.com to get a general idea what my net cost of a new Classic would be after selling my Q10. I usually use craigslist (higher value than gazelle, faster sale than ebay w/ no commissions on the ebay or paypal ends), and am shocked to see they're offering (as of right now):

Condition:
    • Flawless - $85 (Looks like it's never been used)
    • Good - $75 (Normal signs of use)
    • Broken - nothing. Won't accept it.

There are horrible resale values. Sucks for all of us who want to upgrade...lot more money out of pocket than I hoped for a new Classic.
    Uh, they buy to resell. If you sell to the end user those numbers mean nothing...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-23-14 03:49 PM
    I just looked up resale values on Gazelle.com to get a general idea what my net cost of a new Classic would be after selling my Q10. I usually use craigslist (higher value than gazelle, faster sale than ebay w/ no commissions on the ebay or paypal ends), and am shocked to see they're offering (as of right now):

Condition:
    • Flawless - $85 (Looks like it's never been used)
    • Good - $75 (Normal signs of use)
    • Broken - nothing. Won't accept it.

There are horrible resale values. Sucks for all of us who want to upgrade...lot more money out of pocket than I hoped for a new Classic.
    Those are wholesale values that one place is trying to buy your phone so they can resell it at a market price. Please can you find me one on ebay that I can purchase for 85$.
    10-23-14 05:08 PM
    I did buy a z10 for a friend recently on ebay for about 120.
    It was seller refurbished, whatever that means.

It was in good condition.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:08 PM
    lol.

Initially I was really against the concept of the Classic. I would have liked to have seen a Q10 with better specs and a bigger screen instead. The idea of bring a trackpad to the gesture orientated OS that is BlackBerry 10 didn't sit well either. But as this forum has proven, people DO want this phone. There is clearly a demand for a trackpad based BlackBerry 10 smartphone and therefore it cannot be considered "a waste of money". I think most people that buy this device will know why they are buying it and will want to buy it and therefore to them it is an upgrade and certainly NOT a waste of money.

I suppose if YOU or even I for that matter bought this device it may indeed be a waste of money as clearly neither of us have any desire to buy this phone. But then, the same can be said of anyone buying anything that they do not want. Why would anyone in their right minds purchase an item they do not want? *mind blown*

Posted via CB10
    I remember how against the Classic you were initially. Great to see you come around and see the demand is there for it, even if you are not interested in it personally.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    10-24-14 10:40 AM
123 12345