Except it isn't a fact.

Posted via CB10
    The fact that it APPEARS... :-)
    There are documented test phones with 1.5.

Hopefully that is not final.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    10-20-14 10:15 PM
    Tool belt overlaps with the UI.
    It is a attractive device if BB solve this problem.
    10-20-14 10:44 PM
    so now the real question is... for an iPhone 4 user who can't wait to get rid of his phone and get back to a physical keyboard.. is it smarter to get the Q10 now which is quite cheap (around USD 330 where I live) or wait a few more months and get the Q20 for (probably) around $100 more?
    10-20-14 10:54 PM
    The amoled isn't better than an ips lcd...
    Color reproduction is much more accurate on the lcd, amoled has super high contrast colors although the true black is nice

The classic is not an upgrade to the q10. It's a phone made for those who wanted a q10 but with a track pad. There's no reason to upgrade the q10 at this point, BlackBerry would be stupid to release two high end keyboard phones at this point.

Posted via CB10
    are you gonna tell me the Classic will have better screen tech than the Passport? because i can tell you right now, as i have my Passport and Q10 side by side; The Q10's screen is still better (putting aside the fact the Passport's screen is much larger).

"It's a phone made for those who wanted a q10 but with a track pad" - and there you have said it. I am one of these users. And i am not happy with what BB have done with the Classic. In fact, i would be over the moon if all they did was add a toolbelt to the existing Q10. But they havent done this, they've somehow brought out a worse device. Well done BB *slow clap* well done...

The Classic will get a budget LCD screen, dont kid yourself otherwise.

"The classic is not an upgrade to the q10" - can people really stop saying this? this is the dumbest thing i hear over and over. What the hell do you think is going on around the BB RnD table? "hmm, yes its been 2 years since the Q10, lets bring out another device in the same class but wait - get this - we wont market it as any sort of upgrade! or anything new! infact we'll purposely give it ****ty specs and downgrade a few practical features!"

was'nt the thing codenamed Q20 at one point?
    Last edited by all-four-inches; 10-20-14 at 11:11 PM.
    LLAmos likes this.
    10-20-14 10:57 PM
    I used to think like you until I got a Z30. I had a Z10 and carried an extra battery. Now with a Z30, I don't even think about it anymore. I also had a bunch of BB10 users on Z10s. If anything happened, the first thing they would do is remove the battery. A lot of them had to come back to reinstall the OS as something was being written when they pulled the battery and caused corruption. I with they all had Z30's and I would be having that problem.

"practicality and productivity" has nothing to do with PPI. 294 PPI on a 3.46� screen is more than you need for "practicality and productivity". It may not be for spec whores, but everyone I show my Z30 with 295 ppi says the screen is clear and sharp. I know a few people who are waiting for this phone and they mainly want something they can type with a keyboard and have the phone last the whole day. Not one asked about or mentioned ppi, cpu, removable battery.
    for "practicality and productivity" i was mainly referring to the battery issue. And i dont think its fair to quote out on some tech illiterates on how they brick their OS's when hotswapping their batteries (no one with half a brain does this). In fact, i have never come across one single person who has bricked their OS like this or has even done this. But i guess we can agree to disagree on that one. I dont know about you, but as a heavy user, it is a god send for people like me to have the ability to swap out a battery. Again, i cant believe people will try to defend fixed batteries yet here we are.

294 PPI is the second lowest PPI of all the blackberries, its pathetic. I'm no spec *****, but when youre giving me a downgraded screen compared to its predecessor(and please stop saying this phone wasnt meant to be any kind of upgrade), dont expect me to be happy about it. The point here is, the Q10 has a better screen than a device coming out 2 years later that was made for people who wanted to upgrade from their Q10's to one with a toolbelt (that and to entice legacy users over). At this point, i dont feel the Classic is any upgrade at all, infact it feels like a downgrade. I would'nt even cross-grade.
    limabo likes this.
    10-20-14 11:06 PM
    I totally agree that the bb classsic just doesnt feel right

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:58 PM
    I don't think it's meant for many Q10 users to upgrade to a classic.

But also don't forget, to date the Q10 is the only BlackBerry that resembles a BlackBerry, and heavy users that have already milked their Q10! Or just want a change of scenery yet want a BlackBerry 10, classic would be ideal!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-21-14 12:17 AM
    What percentage of BB10 owners do you think would want a tool belt? Once used to the gestures I can't imagine going back. I am in the camp the Classic is to convert BBOS holdouts and corporations to BB10 and eliminate one of the biggest barriers, change.

The Classic is an opportunity to ease the transition, and I don't think this is the I need the highest spec crowd, they want function and productivity.

If you want a high spec upgrade to the Q10, they have one, get the Passport.
    10-21-14 12:25 AM
    What percentage of BB10 owners do you think would want a tool belt? Once used to the gestures I can't imagine going back. I am in the camp the Classic is to convert BBOS holdouts and corporations to BB10 and eliminate one of the biggest barriers, change.

The Classic is an opportunity to ease the transition, and I don't think this is the I need the highest spec crowd, they want function and productivity.

If you want a high spec upgrade to the Q10, they have one, get the Passport.
    I'm used to the gestures on my Q10. What I'm not used to is having to stare at my phone like a dummy for 2 seconds after every call to be sure it hung up on the call correctly, or tapping with the tip of my pinky over and over to try to get the cursor to the edge of the screen if I need to start selecting from there, or having to pinch zoom websites just to click on links within text or links close to other links, or being able to scroll on a website without my thumb covering what I'm trying to read, or losing the ability to access website menus that show up from mouse-over...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-14 12:58 AM
    I'm used to the gestures on my Q10. What I'm not used to is having to stare at my phone like a dummy for 2 seconds after every call to be sure it hung up on the call correctly, or tapping with the tip of my pinky over and over to try to get the cursor to the edge of the screen if I need to start selecting from there, or having to pinch zoom websites just to click on links within text or links close to other links, or being able to scroll on a website without my thumb covering what I'm trying to read, or losing the ability to access website menus that show up from mouse-over...

Fair point and I would agree the text selector is easier with the belt and so is hanging up a call. Although I feel text selection is much improved with 10.3.

Having been a user of BB10 do you think having the belt is necessary moving forward?

Do you feel the Cassic should be an upgrade to the Q10 or geared towards tool belt crowd that hasn't converted yet?

IMO, BlackBerry needs to make it easy for the holdouts to stick with BlackBerry versus giving them alternatives. If they love the belt BlackBerry is giving them what they want which should entice more people to stay even with BB10 vs BBOS functionality.
    10-21-14 01:16 AM
    The fact that it APPEARS... :-)
    There are documented test phones with 1.5.

Hopefully that is not final.

Posted via CB10
    Yea well there's different specs being produced from other sources. We don't know who's right yet when it comes to the cpu.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 01:22 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic could very well be the biggest selling blackberry since the Bold 9900! … Classic looks gorgeous, very sleek and very productive under OS 10.3.1 …. AND at mid level prices … its not the flagship the PASSPORT is .. but an awesome blackberry it will be

… CEO Chen has Blackberry headed in the right direction and innovation is back! Both Passport and Classic are winners!!!

from my amazing Passport ...
    wilber1 and anon(8063781) like this.
    10-21-14 01:26 AM
    I have a Q10 and can't wait to UPGRADE to the Classic. Bigger screen + toolbelt are the only things I wanted on my Q10.

Removable battery is a complete non issue for me, but I can see how some people need it. I find the backdoor of the Q10 annoying though, as it typically slips open whenever I pull my device out of my pockets.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    10-21-14 03:33 AM
    for "practicality and productivity" i was mainly referring to the battery issue. And i dont think its fair to quote out on some tech illiterates on how they brick their OS's when hotswapping their batteries (no one with half a brain does this). In fact, i have never come across one single person who has bricked their OS like this or has even done this. But i guess we can agree to disagree on that one. I dont know about you, but as a heavy user, it is a god send for people like me to have the ability to swap out a battery. Again, i cant believe people will try to defend fixed batteries yet here we are.

294 PPI is the second lowest PPI of all the blackberries, its pathetic. I'm no spec *****, but when youre giving me a downgraded screen compared to its predecessor(and please stop saying this phone wasnt meant to be any kind of upgrade), dont expect me to be happy about it. The point here is, the Q10 has a better screen than a device coming out 2 years later that was made for people who wanted to upgrade from their Q10's to one with a toolbelt (that and to entice legacy users over). At this point, i dont feel the Classic is any upgrade at all, infact it feels like a downgrade. I would'nt even cross-grade.
    As an IT person, I see many family, friends and workers who don't have a clue about phones. "If it has a removable battery, then I can remove it." These are the same people who used to just hit the power button on PCs to turn them off. Just because you are surrounded with geniuses, doesn't mean the rest of the world is. A large non-removable battery like that in the Z30 works and works well. I have never gone a work day and had to charge the phone.

The Z30 has one more ppi than the Classic. I have yet to see a single person who says the screen is pathetic. They all like the screen when I show them pictures and movies.

BTW: Something wrong with you ' key?
    10-21-14 06:39 AM

This, is exactly why I'm may go from a z10 to a classic.
    Some don't get it. It's also why we really want a boost in speed too.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:08 AM
    I get a kick out of these "Instant" CB members who with1-3 posts start a bashfest and never return to comment.

Hook, line and sinker.
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    10-21-14 07:15 AM
    Fair point and I would agree the text selector is easier with the belt and so is hanging up a call. Although I feel text selection is much improved with 10.3.

Having been a user of BB10 do you think having the belt is necessary moving forward?

Do you feel the Cassic should be an upgrade to the Q10 or geared towards tool belt crowd that hasn't converted yet?

IMO, BlackBerry needs to make it easy for the holdouts to stick with BlackBerry versus giving them alternatives. If they love the belt BlackBerry is giving them what they want which should entice more people to stay even with BB10 vs BBOS functionality.
    I personally think everything should be an upgrade. That's just the way I think. Whether they are targeting BBOS owners of BB10 owners, it should appeal to both and be an improvement for both. I understand the argument for keeping costs down, but I think they could still accomplish that with hardware that is better than the Q10, just not as much as the Passport. And I don't really care if the toolbelt is necessary or not, it's just something I know I would enjoy having...
    allwi and Barbareren like this.
    10-21-14 09:38 AM
    Official specs are not officially announced.

Trackbelt is a HUGE selling point.

Lastly, people can decide for themselves.
    Although I agree for the different strokes, I still see the classical a waste of financial costs, and developer resources.

Let me brake it down for you:

As mentioned by our thread host, hardware is essentially the same, just in a thinner case.

Now let's add the OS developmental complexibilities that make this unit unique for the purpose of its existence. This equates to slower development time on OS bug fixes, upgrades,carrier testing, releases and let's not forget BB10 specific releases - anyone still love OMAP Q/Z10 device releases?!!

Now let's think of the marketing for such a product. Specifically when marketing the benefits of the tool-belt! Whatever is used to market it as a benefit will also circumvent existing devices with each build of BB10. And thus this devalues 4/5other devices.

Perception is a VERY funny thing! And the consumer market is a very peticular and hostile market.

Trackpad: IMHO a legacy piece of hardware that is nullified with the hybrid keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:59 AM
    Although I agree for the different strokes, I still see the classical a waste of financial costs, and developer resources.

Let me brake it down for you:

As mentioned by our thread host, hardware is essentially the same, just in a thinner case.

Now let's add the OS developmental complexibilities that make this unit unique for the purpose of its existence. This equates to slower development time on OS bug fixes, upgrades,carrier testing, releases and let's not forget BB10 specific releases - anyone still love OMAP Q/Z10 device releases?!!

Now let's think of the marketing for such a product. Specifically when marketing the benefits of the tool-belt! Whatever is used to market it as a benefit will also circumvent existing devices with each build of BB10. And thus this devalues 4/5other devices.

Perception is a VERY funny thing! And the consumer market is a very peticular and hostile market.

Trackpad: IMHO a legacy piece of hardware that is nullified with the hybrid keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your opinion.

allwi and Bluenoser63 like this.
    10-21-14 03:08 PM
    I am a blackberry bold 9900 owner, let me break it down for you,

Has the classic got a bigger screen? YES

Has it got a faster processor? YES

Has it got good build quality? YES

Has it got the tool belt? YES

Can I still use it with one hand? YES

Will the battery last a full day? YES

Will the phone last me until due for upgrade? YES

Will it make me at least as productive as my current phone? YES

Do I care if it's value for money? YES ( actually no as my work pays for my phone but they might!)

Do I give a flying fig about PPI? NO

Do I give a shiz whether it has the latest Qualcomm 9383726163849 processor? NO

Do I care whether the screen is IPS, LED, OLED, ABCD or whatever? NO

Do I care whether it is a big upgrade over the Q10? NO

Do I care if it stacks up against the latest android/Apple phablet monstrosity? NO

I can understand a little bit the Q10 owners being a little peeved as it's the phone they really wanted but not enough of an upgrade to justify forking out for mid contract but hey, there will be a classic 2 out next year that may fulfill your desires. If you are after the highest spec phone then go buy an apple/android as they are in a soap-powder style race of one upmanship with things that are not actually needed on a phone ( no-one even spoke about pixel densities until Apple brought out the retina screens and now they are the be all and end all even though the human eye can't tell the difference over 300ppi).

I am generally too busy working to use my phone to watch videos or play games, when I am done for the day or need a bigger screen to work with I have my iPad and laptop, so the classic is perfect for me and the millions of other legacy users out there, basically this phone isn't for q10 users its for bold users, get over it!
    10-21-14 05:37 PM
    I am a blackberry bold 9900 owner, let me break it down for you,

Has the classic got a bigger screen? YES

Has it got a faster processor? YES

Has it got good build quality? YES

Has it got the tool belt? YES

Can I still use it with one hand? YES

Will the battery last a full day? YES

Will the phone last me until due for upgrade? YES

Will it make me at least as productive as my current phone? YES

Do I care if it's value for money? YES ( actually no as my work pays for my phone but they might!)

Do I give a flying fig about PPI? NO

Do I give a shiz whether it has the latest Qualcomm 9383726163849 processor? NO

Do I care whether the screen is IPS, LED, OLED, ABCD or whatever? NO

Do I care whether it is a big upgrade over the Q10? NO

Do I care if it stacks up against the latest android/Apple phablet monstrosity? NO

I can understand a little bit the Q10 owners being a little peeved as it's the phone they really wanted but not enough of an upgrade to justify forking out for mid contract but hey, there will be a classic 2 out next year that may fulfill your desires. If you are after the highest spec phone then go buy an apple/android as they are in a soap-powder style race of one upmanship with things that are not actually needed on a phone ( no-one even spoke about pixel densities until Apple brought out the retina screens and now they are the be all and end all even though the human eye can't tell the difference over 300ppi).

I am generally too busy working to use my phone to watch videos or play games, when I am done for the day or need a bigger screen to work with I have my iPad and laptop, so the classic is perfect for me and the millions of other legacy users out there, basically this phone isn't for q10 users its for bold users, get over it!
    I am a Q10 owner, and even if I'm disappointed with the specs (still not official) I still would like the Classic because I definitely miss the call end button and the trackpad. I'll also look out for the Classic II. :-)

allwi likes this.
    10-21-14 05:41 PM
    I am a Q10 owner, and even if I'm disappointed with the specs (still not official) I still would like the Classic because I definitely miss the call end button and the trackpad. I'll also look out for the Classic II. :-)

Exactly, it just seems that people want to nitpick and argue over details that are unimportant to most of blackberry's core market. I just want a release date as my bold is starting to fall to bits after being dropped lots of times!
    10-21-14 06:02 PM
    Exactly, it just seems that people want to nitpick and argue over details that are unimportant to most of blackberry's core market. I just want a release date as my bold is starting to fall to bits after being dropped lots of times!
    Well, you can't say if it's important or not because that's subjective and what's unimportant to you could be important to someone else. And I would also like for a phone to have decent specs. But it's not like there are any alternatives that provide features that I find important...

10-21-14 06:08 PM
    The same screen resolution, the same camera, the same prosser (kinda), the same RAM, the same storage, the same Keyboard & eventually the same version of OS 10... obviously this phone have been made for older OS 7 users, upgrading to it from Q10 will be a waste of money, for me I'm going to wait until a proper upgrade comes out maybe next summer

Posted via CB10
    It is a nice segway device. Trying to get folks on the same page I think. I have the Q10 and to be honest the Classic does have some appeal. Larger screen, the accuracy of the track pad, much large battery, ability to do old school short cuts, etc.

The part I am concerned with is the overall size. I enjoy the size of the Q10. I am sure I can get use to it however with the other enhancements.

Not every phone is the next big thing. Sometimes folks just want something newer, like they already have.
    10-21-14 06:16 PM
    Well, you can't say if it's important or not because that's subjective and what's unimportant to you could be important to someone else. And I would also like for a phone to have decent specs. But it's not like there are any alternatives that provide features that I find important...

Of course it's subjective, but when I said blackberry's core market, I meant all those legacy device users that basically just want the same again but newer, a workhorse not a show pony. That is what will get blackberry back on its feet, rather than trying to re-enter the space race. Then they can use the money to make a classic 2 or classic pro for those who want that bit more.
    10-21-14 06:26 PM
123 1234 ...