So my GF Q10 has started to have problems. Battery is now terrible and also the flash has completely stopped working. I guess both could be fixed but she rather gets a new phone.

So, looking at Classic, I'm curious if it at all is an upgrade over Q10? She's completely used to NOT having the scroll wheel, so that's not anything important. But is there anything else on the phones that's better? It sounds about exactly the same hardware which makes me wonder why the heck nothing was upgraded?!

Thanks
    blueyestm likes this.
    03-18-15 09:13 PM
    OK, so I've a Q10 and a Classic. My opinion, the Classic is a Q10 with a toolbelt that gets in the way of swiping as I'm used to. On the other hand, the Classic is a bit bigger, heavier, and feels more solid. It's screen size is slightly bigger. It also has a larger non-removable battery. It's a toss-up between the two and it all comes down to preferences in the end. You say her Q10 is going? How about a new battery? Or just go get the Classic and return it if you don't like it, getting something else. Passport maybe?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:49 PM
    If you can wait a little longer, you may want to see what's in store for new devices before making a new purchase.

I think the Q10 is better suited for BB10, but that's just my opinion.

emPowered by 
    Overlake likes this.
    03-18-15 09:58 PM
    Not another one of these threads well the only relevant question is can you afford is it worth your spending pockets. Obama cancelled this year's stimulus so I know $ is tight for the lower class. As high class we noticed the elimination of the middle so I know that's not, ok so back to my theory. What's worth it for one isn't for the other.............some online random thread post is going to even have a slither in your purchasing power as a consumer, no wonder we have "yearly updates" and this model is "the best" faster" "brighter screen" blah blah blah....peons in a sadistic credulous facet monetary policy ad homenin propaganda bandwagon aesthetic compounded elements of dis_fraction...I digress

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-18-15 10:07 PM
    Wow, what's up with hostility here? I've never tried a Classic and it's hard to test one, so asking here for folks who know.

Basically the question is, shall we fix the Q10, get a Classic, or get another Q10? The Q10 screen size is probably it's worst feature right now that classic may resolve, but then again the scroll bar on BB10 is kinda redundant IMO and it just doesn't do anything better than Q10 (camera is the same too, right?). Curious to know how people who have switched felt after some time with the Classic?

In terms of waiting to see what comes to the market, not sure how much time we can wait until this finally dies, but it doesn't look like there's any other BB on the horizon as Classic was just rolled out. Passport is absolutely amazing, but she finds it just too big!
    moyah8 likes this.
    03-19-15 12:21 AM
    I got both, classic is better. Battery is good, toolbelt for a non toolbelt user like me is ok, can call and hang up and I use the mouse pointer on websites and the back button frequently. It's not a useless waste of space but also it's not necessary. It would be a perfect phone withh more power and storage haha as everyone says

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 12:25 AM
    Not another one of these threads well the only relevant question is can you afford is it worth your spending pockets. Obama cancelled this year's stimulus so I know $ is tight for the lower class. As high class we noticed the elimination of the middle so I know that's not, ok so back to my theory. What's worth it for one isn't for the other.............some online random thread post is going to even have a slither in your purchasing power as a consumer, no wonder we have "yearly updates" and this model is "the best" faster" "brighter screen" blah blah blah....peons in a sadistic credulous facet monetary policy ad homenin propaganda bandwagon aesthetic compounded elements of dis_fraction...I digress

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    One big, "high class" run on sentence.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-19-15 12:57 AM
    One big, "high class" run on sentence.

Posted via CB10
    ....Yes..... I'm glad you know my status

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-19-15 05:21 AM
    I had a q10 for about a week. Verizon started selling the classic 2 days after I got it. I didn't think much about the classic until I swung by my local Verizon to see one. I was very impressed with the Classic and I bought one.

Although you wouldn't think the slight increase in size makes much difference it really does. The screen is more responsive, the keyboard adds just enough width to make typing with your thumbs easier. The small increase in screen size makes it easier to see messages and docs.

As much as I loved the Passport I tried, I almost think I love the Classic more.

The tool belt is an add on I am not sure about. It does bother the swipe up a little. And I miss the ability to swap batteries. I haven't had it long enough to comment on battery life but I updated to 2282 last night so I am hoping it is maxed out.

If it were me I would go for the Classic. Much nicer build and experience over all.
    03-19-15 06:02 AM
    There have already been a couple of threads like this. In a nutshell:
    The Classic is not your typical upgrade to the Q10, it offers a few advantages still.
    The screen is larger, even though that 0.4" don't sound like much, it is pretty convenient.
    The screen again is LCD, which means it is not only much brighter on the long end, but also a bit dimmer in the low end. The decrease of ppi is hardly noticeable IMHO and the benefits absolutely outweight that ppi loss.

The keyboard is a tad larger and all the keys have been reshaped nicely and that new tactile feedback is much nicer than it was on the Q10. The Q has a really good keyboard, but the Classic simply tops it still.

In terms of battery, the Classic lasts a bit longer, although it is not a huge amount like you'd get from a Passport for example.

Btw, you aren't forced to use the trackpad or the toolbelt at all. Most of the time I navigate around my Classic just like I did on the Q10. The only actions where you are actually forced to use the toolbelt would be accepting and ending calls.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    03-19-15 07:45 AM
    Yes, absolutely. Classic is quite a bit more efficient in operation than a Q10. Minimizing and closing apps with the End and Back key is great. Text editing is also much better with the trackpad. And the physical call/end buttons are win.

From a Classic
    rayporsche likes this.
    03-19-15 07:54 AM
    Meh, I'm on day 13 with my Classic, and am having a tough time deciding if I will keep it. I love the bigger, brighter, whiter screen, but other than that there really isn't much I like better about the Classic. I thought I would love having the toolbelt, but realize now that it's more of a nice-to-have, not really a necessity. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    03-19-15 10:38 AM
    Classic feels a whole heck of a lot more premium with its bezel. I thought I should add that in.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 12:09 PM
    Absolutely worth it!

Wireless charging is one of the many conveniences for me. Along with the larger screen, and the belt...which is extremely handy WHEN you REALLY need it.
    03-19-15 12:24 PM
    Another Q10 is not a good option for sure...
    I havnt used classic personally...but my family and friends says, it is really one of the best BlackBerry they have used. And with my Q10, I always have problems with call answer and hanging even after a year coming from Bold9900. Also feels annoyed sometimes with text selection. U will never know unless u get use to it maybe. So I would say get a classic. It really is better in many cases.. Feel..class...battery..display...quality...functio nality..handling...get a classic and a charging pod...tadaan...ur gf cant be more happy than that in a week

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 12:45 PM
    My wife also has a Q10. The second she saw my Classic....and it's extra buttons....she wanted it. Not mention it's bigger.
    03-19-15 02:35 PM
    Bigger screen def helps as well. Only qualm about the classic is that I wish they had an upgraded processor.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:47 PM
    Probably not an issue for your girlfriend, but the trackpad is very handy for someone with gorilla hands editing text. The handset speaker blew out on my q10, so instead of fixing it i replaced it with the classic. I even choose the classic most days over my iPhone 6+.
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-19-15 10:39 PM
    Had Q10 for over a year. My new Classic is superior to the Q10 I had.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:17 PM
    The Q10 is the better phone, imo. I'd just get another unlocked Q10 on Amazon or something.

I really didn't like the Classic, although I want a toolbelt (island keys and a larger trackpad would be better). Miss my 9900, but the Q10 is a better replacement for me due to size, build quality, keyboard, and battery choice. The ability to run 10.2.1 is also worth considering.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:27 PM
    If you can afoord it, BUY it because Its such.a solid and beautiful phone I Love it more everyday!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:36 AM
    the Q10's form factor (size and weight esp) is the biggest plus over the classic for me. The Classic is slightly too big and the heft is just cumbersome to me be it jeans or dress pants.. it just didnt feel right for me. And oh yea, i text without looking at the keyboard and drive at the same time. But i ALWAYS have my eyes on the road and one hand on the wheel so the Q10's one hand operation is another bonus.
    03-20-15 01:02 PM
    I would go passport if I had q10

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-20-15 01:15 PM